Author Topic: Rubio hedges on support for Trump amid 'chaos' and 'anarchy'  (Read 1282 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Rubio hedges on support for Trump amid 'chaos' and 'anarchy'
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2016, 04:18:33 pm »
There you go again...instead of responding to the post, you pull an ad hominem. 

And then you weep when you're charged with being a troublemaker    :whistle:

Whatever buttercup

:boring:

Offline Carling

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2016, 04:19:36 pm »

look what the cat dragged in.

Good comeback.  That's exactly how your post read to me.

Rubio is nothing more than a GOProg lackey who suckered the people of Florida into believing he was some sort of anti-establishment rebel.  Turns out he was just another bought and paid for empty suit doing the bidding of the Wall Street-DC  Uniparty.  That he is getting clobbered in his own state shows how out of touch the GOProgs have been all along.  Now Rubio and his donors are willing to elect HRC solely to keep screwing over the shrinking middle class while lining their own pockets.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 04:21:13 pm »
Whatever buttercup

Haha Mr. "Will you read my long boring opinion piece pretty please" is reduced to emojis and insults.  Oh how the "mighty" have fallen.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »
Good comeback.  That's exactly how your post read to me.

Rubio is nothing more than a GOProg lackey who suckered the people of Florida into believing he was some sort of anti-establishment rebel.  Turns out he was just another bought and paid for empty suit doing the bidding of the Wall Street-DC  Uniparty.  That he is getting clobbered in his own state shows how out of touch the GOProgs have been all along.  Now Rubio and his donors are willing to elect HRC solely to keep screwing over the shrinking middle class while lining their own pockets.

Oh dearie me, whatever will I do, I've been crossed by carling

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »
Oh dearie me, whatever will I do, I've been crossed by carling

Pathetic and predictable.  You lost.  Get over your temper tantrum.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2016, 04:23:55 pm »
Pathetic and predictable.  You lost.  Get over your temper tantrum.

Whatever, buttercup

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2016, 04:25:11 pm »
Just heard trump on CNN say that nobody has been injured at his rallies?

:shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2016, 04:29:25 pm »
Because he gave his word to. Something which may mean nothing to you, but it does to me.

And who Trump supports is a complete irrelevance. I expect between little and nothing from him in the first place.

"Beacause he gave his word"...something known as INTEGRITY!  Integrity means everything to me as well.  As for Trump the only thing you can count on from him are insults, false accusations and a lawsuit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »
"Beacause he gave his word"...something known as INTEGRITY!  Integrity means everything to me as well.  As for Trump the only thing you can count on from him are insults, false accusations and a lawsuit.

At what point, if any, can a person break their word?  I presume that one can break one's word past a certain point; that there are circumstances under which it is permissible to break one's word.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2016, 04:38:30 pm »
In other words, where is the line between permissible and impermissible going back on your word drawn?

You are looking at it the wrong way. You are assuming that it is permissible to go back on your word and are searching for conditions which grant that permission. I approach it from the opposite end of the spectrum - it is not permissible to go back on your word, full stop, so don't give your word unless you mean it.

If Rubio can't keep his word on this, a simple pledge to support the nominee (which says in no way how much he is to support the nominee, simply not attacking is fine), then why should I trust him to uphold the oath of office? Because it is said on a bible? Not been many lightning strikes lately for breaking that, has there?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HonestJohn

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2016, 04:40:55 pm »
"raving demagogue"..."lunatic"......??

I simply don't 'see' it that way, Sink.

To me, it's another "You're either with us or against us!"

There's a war being waged between those who want to adhere to Constitutional law, and those intent on mob rule.

Whose side are you on?

The issue is that Trump supporters hold that view against, not just the majority of Americans, but the majority of Republicans.

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2016, 04:43:06 pm »
Just heard trump on CNN say that nobody has been injured at his rallies?

:shrug:

It's true... if you don't consider the people hurt to be human.  And he's done a wonderful job of dehumanizing everyone outside of his supporters.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2016, 04:44:29 pm »
You are looking at it the wrong way. You are assuming that it is permissible to go back on your word and are searching for conditions which grant that permission. I approach it from the opposite end of the spectrum - it is not permissible to go back on your word, full stop, so don't give your word unless you mean it.

If Rubio can't keep his word on this, a simple pledge to support the nominee (which says in no way how much he is to support the nominee, simply not attacking is fine), then why should I trust him to uphold the oath of office? Because it is said on a bible? Not been many lightning strikes lately for breaking that, has there?

Except that you are breaking your own word, but you've simply conditioned it on someone else breaking their word first, in the example given.  If your word is unbreakable, period, then you are duty-bound to your comrade, even if/when that comrade discloses to you that he intends to commit war crimes.  If the fact that he breaks his word means you're no longer bound to yours, then we're just discussing the same thing using different words, and the ground is the one I've laid down.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2016, 04:46:08 pm »

Baloney. When the other side of your verbal contract breaks that contract, then all bets are off.  Trump's advocating of violence should give anyone who supports him pause. 

Going back on your word is necessary when confronted with an imminent threat. If Trump's not a threat to this country, I don't know who is.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2016, 04:55:41 pm »
Except that you are breaking your own word, but you've simply conditioned it on someone else breaking their word first, in the example given.  If your word is unbreakable, period, then you are duty-bound to your comrade, even if/when that comrade discloses to you that he intends to commit war crimes.  If the fact that he breaks his word means you're no longer bound to yours, then we're just discussing the same thing using different words, and the ground is the one I've laid down.

Nope. Team comes first. If someone is considering unnecessary war crimes, that is detrimental to the team and is to be stopped. It really is rather simple.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »
Baloney. When the other side of your verbal contract breaks that contract, then all bets are off.  Trump's advocating of violence should give anyone who supports him pause. 

Going back on your word is necessary when confronted with an imminent threat. If Trump's not a threat to this country, I don't know who is.

YOU don't get to set my lines.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2016, 05:59:23 pm »
Sorry trumpites, I have sympathy for Trump after his rally was disrupted, but I cannot support anyone who flat out lies like he does.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2016, 06:01:09 pm »
Nope. Team comes first. If someone is considering unnecessary war crimes, that is detrimental to the team and is to be stopped. It really is rather simple.

And stopping that necessarily requires that you break your word to that person.  You can't have it both ways.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2016, 06:10:33 pm »
There's a war being waged between those who want to adhere to Constitutional law, and those intent on mob rule.

I agree with that entirely! And don't believe for one second that Donald Trump is on the side of the Constitution!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:46 pm »
Try another take on it:  you're a member of a special ops crew, and you discover that one of your buddies intends to commit acts that are clearly war crimes - he's told you what he plans to do - are you still bound by your oath to him, to the crew?  Or can you - must you - break that word?

Yes you are! And that is EXACTLY why that man would INSTANTLY no longer be a part of that team because HE would have broken HIS commitment to the team the very second he entertained doing those things!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 06:21:29 pm »
And stopping that necessarily requires that you break your word to that person.  You can't have it both ways.

What word to that person?

Team comes first. Above all. If you interfere with the team, I will shoot you. If you do not interfere with the team, I will set of a nuke in Times Square if that is what it takes to extract you. It's a simple deal.  :shrug: