Author Topic: Cruz, Rubio and Kasich criticize Trump for creating ‘environment’ for Chicago protest  (Read 7048 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Really stupid for Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio to blame the target for the acts of the aggressors.

This is going to bite them hard. GOP Voters are not going to be impressed that a GOP Candidates are siding with the  the far leftist rioters waving the Communist flag.

They may just have lost any shot at winnign the election with this. Amazing political tone deafness by the GOPE

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GAJohnnie

Wow, reading the statements here I see why you candidates are losing.

Possible the most incompetent group of political activists I seen in my life time. In a political campaign, sometimes you have to drop the feverish attempts at spining and zag back towards a more central rational positions. Voters not feverishly wed to an emotional viewpoint are not going to buy your attempt to blame the target of the acts of the aggressors. Instead they are going to see you as exactly the sort of out of control hysterics as the rioters.

So have fun preaching to the choir children. Cause that is the ONLY people who are listening to you any more and you not going to win any elections with the choir loft vote only

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:07:55 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline sinkspur

When the "us" continue to provoke the "them," the "them" will eventually react.

Some unifier.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

When you put yourself in a hole politically, the smart thing to do is to stop digging Sink, not to dig even harder.

You got to remember who the voters you trying to reach Sink. And your feverish efforts around here only server to remind them why they loath the political class.

You all are running a standard issue 1990s style Political Establishment "politics of personal destruction  campaign in a year the vast majority of voters loath the political establishment.

That is why you are losing, and maybe, sealed your fate last night.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:16:56 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow, reading the statements here I see why you candidates are losing.

Possible the most incompetent group of political activists I seen in my life time. In a political campaign, sometimes you have to drop the feverish attempts at spining and zag back towards a more central rational positions. Voters not feverishly wed to an emotional viewpoint are not going to buy your attempt to blame the target of the acts of the aggressors. Instead they are going to see you as exactly the sort of out of control hysterics as the rioters.

So have fun preaching to the choir children. Cause that is the ONLY people who are listening to you any more and you not going to win any elections with the choir loft vote only

Johnny how about criticizing the other candidates, the left, the dems (I know, I repeat myself), and the myriad other legitimate targets of your anger, INSTEAD OF YOUR FELLOW POSTERS HERE!

Come on, give it a rest.  We get that you really, really have a problem with the other-than-Trump supporters here, but your antagonism is misplaced. 

Offline musiclady

Johnny how about criticizing the other candidates, the left, the dems (I know, I repeat myself), and the myriad other legitimate targets of your anger, INSTEAD OF YOUR FELLOW POSTERS HERE!

Come on, give it a rest.  We get that you really, really have a problem with the other-than-Trump supporters here, but your antagonism is misplaced.

It's all he does, Sanguine.  Calls everyone who disagrees with him a "child" and worse.

It's all he ever does.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GAJohnnie

Smart campaigns look at what is working and what does not and adjust.

Failing campaign double down on stupid thinking if they just do the same more loudly and strenuously it will change from fail to win.

An objective observer can see where this is going just by watching the campaigns in action.

These tactics curently  being used by Rubio/Cruz/Kasich are what is know as "Reinforcing Failure."

Offline aligncare

Really stupid for Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio to blame the target for the acts of the aggressors.

This is going to bite them hard. GOP Voters are not going to be impressed that a GOP Candidates are siding with the  the far leftist rioters waving the Communist flag.

They may just have lost any shot at winnign the election with this. Amazing political tone deafness by the GOPE

The people who created this environment are the very posters posting left-wing anti-Trump attacks here at TBR. Not legitimate attacks, but left-wing attacks. Are you proud of yourself? Joining in with the leftist rabble?

Look in the mirror. You helped/are helping George Soros bring down an America-first patriot, Donald Trump.

Offline aligncare

...live with it. Jerks.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Yup, and a YouTube video caused the Benghazi massacre.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

The people who created this environment are the very posters posting left-wing anti-Trump attacks here at TBR. Not legitimate attacks, but left-wing attacks. Are you proud of yourself? Joining in with the leftist rabble?

Look in the mirror. You helped/are helping George Soros bring down an America-first patriot, Donald Trump.

LOL!  Nice try, ac.

Jonah Goldberg, Byron York, Stuart Stevens, Congressman Justin Amash, David Freddoso, John Podhoretz are not left-wingers.

Offline musiclady

Please name these people, ac, so that the rest of us who legitimately oppose Trump don't think you're smearing us too.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sinkspur

SFK
‏@stephenkruiser

The Trumpies worrying abt violence after DEVOTING 48 hrs defending the manhandling of a 110 lb woman seems rather karmic to me

Offline GAJohnnie

I think last night maybe just sealed the nominations for Trump.

It is a Wellstone Memorial type moment.

Voters are not going to be impressed Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio rushed right out to side with the rioters.

Offline sinkspur

I'm starting to get this whole Trump Caucus thing. 

It's a place where one can post pro-Trump stuff with no pushback.

And the members of the Trump Caucus then come on the main forum and complain about the anti-Trump stuff. 

No anti-Trump stuff anywhere.

Offline aligncare

Eight months of anti-Trump hysteria - FROM THE RIGHT! – helped to build the left-wing-attack-Trump movement.

You all contributed, every one of you.

Face it. Own it. You helped build it.

Offline sinkspur

Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze  2h2 hours ago

Trump is going to play this "see, they won't even let me speak" card while he calls into cable news. You're being conned.

Cheri Jacobus ‏@CheriJacobus  9h9 hours ago Manhattan, NY

Trump created Chicago rally "crisis" to take focus off of Lewandowski assaulting female reporter. Police never told Trump to cancel. He lied

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm starting to get this whole Trump Caucus thing. 

It's a place where one can post pro-Trump stuff with no pushback.

And the members of the Trump Caucus then come on the main forum and complain about the anti-Trump stuff. 

No anti-Trump stuff anywhere.

The Trump Caucus thing is just another symptom of a much larger disease!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:42:46 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Eight months of anti-Trump hysteria - FROM THE RIGHT! – helped to build the left-wing-attack-Trump movement.

You all contributed, every one of you.

Face it. Own it. You helped build it.

"Get him outta here."

"Not like the old days where they'd take 'em out on a stretcher"

"If you hit 'em, I'll take care of your legal bills."

"I'd like to punch 'em in the mouth."

None of that had anything to do with creating the environment at Trump's rallies.  Nah. Couldn't have.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Please name these people, ac, so that the rest of us who legitimately oppose Trump don't think you're smearing us too.

ML - I hope I can express this properly.  I'll try - I think this is where we go wrong, by responding to these attacks.

The pattern goes something like this:  poster A says something that is fairly neutral or maybe even openly critical, but not necessarily in support of poster B's chosen candidate. 

Poster B comes on and accuses poster A of nefarious intent, and inevitably more B's come in and pile on.  Then those who perceive the piling on as unfair and counter-productive start defending poster A, or add to the piling on.  Which creates more negative energy and invites more piling on.   For &$%^$^ page after ^#%#^ page! 

There are always a few thoughtful and intelligent comments in amongst the crap, but they tend to get lost in the crap.  Or, even worse they tend to become the focus of the incoming crap.  Now, the person making the on-point and effective comment becomes drawn in and responds to the crap.  Which generates another round of crap, ad-hominems, and general bad behavior.

We've got to start doing something different. 

Offline aligncare

No Trump supporter ever called Ted Cruz a racist, or a homophobe or Mussolini. That was YOU, conservatives and Republicans who led the charge that Trump was a white supremacist – YOU!

Left-wing Democrats saw an opening that you created, and they simply took it.

Offline sinkspur

No Trump supporter ever called Ted Cruz a racist, or a homophobe or Mussolini. That was YOU, conservatives and Republicans who led the charge that Trump was a white supremacist – YOU!

Left-wing Democrats saw an opening that you created, and they simply took it.

Trump retweets a Mussolini quote and later expresses admiration for Mussolini and we're supposed to ignore that?

And Trump expresses ignorance of who David Duke is on national television (when he's disavowed him in the past) and that's no big deal to you.

YOUR GUY causes these problems, ac. 

Offline musiclady

ML - I hope I can express this properly.  I'll try - I think this is where we go wrong, by responding to these attacks.

The pattern goes something like this:  poster A says something that is fairly neutral or maybe even openly critical, but not necessarily in support of poster B's chosen candidate. 

Poster B comes on and accuses poster A of nefarious intent, and inevitably more B's come in and pile on.  Then those who perceive the piling on as unfair and counter-productive start defending poster A, or add to the piling on.  Which creates more negative energy and invites more piling on.   For &$%^$^ page after ^#%#^ page! 

There are always a few thoughtful and intelligent comments in amongst the crap, but they tend to get lost in the crap.  Or, even worse they tend to become the focus of the incoming crap.  Now, the person making the on-point and effective comment becomes drawn in and responds to the crap.  Which generates another round of crap, ad-hominems, and general bad behavior.

We've got to start doing something different.

Perceptive post, Sanguine, which I have seen repeatedly.

But I'm not sure what we can do differently.  Not post what we think at all?  Not post our opinions?

You and I never get into the crap throwing, yet both of us have been accused of doing just that.  We both like lively debate and aren't afraid to say what we think, but both eschew any vile rhetoric and look down on it when it is done (on either side).

This is truly a conundrum........

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Perceptive post, Sanguine, which I have seen repeatedly.

But I'm not sure what we can do differently.  Not post what we think at all?  Not post our opinions?

You and I never get into the crap throwing, yet both of us have been accused of doing just that.  We both like lively debate and aren't afraid to say what we think, but both eschew any vile rhetoric and look down on it when it is done (on either side).

This is truly a conundrum........

ML, I hope you don't think I was singling you out.  You just happened to post something as I was thinking about this very thing.