Author Topic: ‘Marginalized’ Students Want To Eliminate Straight White Males From Campus  (Read 359 times)

rangerrebew

‘Marginalized’ Students Want To Eliminate Straight White Males From Campus

http://downtrend.com/71superb/marginalized-students-want-to-eliminate-straight-white-males-from-campus

Brian Anderson
March 10, 2016

Western Washington University is quite an interesting place. Last year the university went on lockdown because someone sent a mean message on Yik Yak to a black student and they have publicly stated that they are interested in enrolling less white people. With the social justice fruit ripe for the picking, a group of “marginalized” WWU students are demanding that they be given near complete control in turning the school into a non-straight non-white non-male utopia.

In a petition, students are making some rather insane demands on the university. A group calling themselves the Student Assembly for Power and Liberation would like to be put in charge of WWU. They begin the petition by complaining that the campus illegally occupies Native American land and boast that they will transform the school into the “national leader in the development of academic programs that are committed to social justice.”

And now for the crazy part. Here are some of their demands:

– They want the power to hire and fire all teachers.

– They want the university to pay for a building to house their new social justice dictatorship.

– They want the university to build a library just for minority and LGBT students.

– They want the college to establish an emergency fund for underrepresented students.

– They want the university to give them $50,000 so they can get started.

Now here’s where things really get fun:

The College of Power and Liberation demands an annually dedicated revenue of $45,000 for compensation of students and faculty doing de-colonial work on campus.

In case you are wondering what “de-colonial work” is, it’s undoing the straight white male power-structure.

We demand the creation and implementation of a 15 persxn paid student committee, The Office for Social Transformation, to monitor, document, and archive all racist, anti- black, transphobic, cissexist, misogynistic, ablest, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobic, anti-semitism, and otherwise oppressive behavior on campus.

I am assuming the word “person” is too gendered for this group, which is why they went with “persxn.”

We demand the establishment of multicultural residence building to celebrate student’s different identities and to give us a chance to live together in order to build a community and connections.

If I didn’t know better I’d say this sounds an awful lot like segregation. They want special “blacks only” and “gays only” dorms. I wonder if they have ever heard of the civil rights movement of the 1960’s that fought for desegregation.

We demand that any Western Washington University student who has been targeted by, harassed by, or has experienced excruciating acts of violence that was racialized, sexualized, gendered, based on ability, employment status, citizenship and/or mental health from the University, either through its policies or institutional agents, must be compensated by the University.

If you read all of these demands in all of their insanity, basically they want to marginalize and segregate the straight white male student population and they expect the university to pay for it all. And by the university, I mean the tuition paid by those evil straight white students.

I don’t doubt that WWU will cave to these unreasonable demands, but I suspect that straight white students will transfer out leaving the school without a source of funding for this racist endeavor. “Marginalized” groups always hate white people, but they sure do expect us to pay for everything.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:20:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My tagline:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"‘Marginalized’ Students Want To Eliminate Straight White Males From Campus..."

Any "straight, white male" with an ounce o' sense and desiring a real education should have already taken his leave...