Author Topic: Kasich moves into the lead in Ohio per new Fox poll  (Read 2705 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Kasich moves into the lead in Ohio per new Fox poll
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:15 pm »
Thank you for proving my point. I will stop annoying you by pointing out the uncomfortable facts.

Proceed with your "Preaching to the Choir"  practice

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »
Thank you for proving my point. I will stop annoying you by pointing out the uncomfortable facts.

So what rational evidence do you have that Trump can win in the general?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »

You've pointed out no facts. You've simply claimed victory.

All the laconic wit in the world doesn't polish a turd.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 08:16:03 pm »
Another Trump supporter who doesn't understand the difference between majority and plurality.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 08:24:58 pm »
I would fully expect a GOP governor running as a national candidate in a GOP primary in his home to win the contest handily. (Unless he has managed somehow to anger the GOP voters)

Fact;

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
Unfortunately this will only benefit Trump.

A win in Ohio will encourage him to stay in the race, split Ted and (to a much lesser extent) Marco's vote share, meaning Trump will have it easier to take the WTA states.

A Kasich win in Ohio, and a Marco win in Florida will only benefit the Donald in the long run.

Only thing keeping Donald from a nomination might be Rule 40.

I'm not sure I agree, Weird.  I see your point about Kasich remaining in the race if he wins Ohio, but a loss of Ohio for Trump and its WTA, seems awfully positive to me.

If Kasich is still ahead next Monday, I may vote for him (here in Ohio) just to take the state away from Progressive Donnie, even though my first choice is clearly Cruz.

Maybe some of the (bag of) wind will come out of the Trump sails if he loses a state as important as Ohio, and further losses will follow.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »
What is striking about all the recent polls is that support is draining away from Trump.   There's a poll from Florida today that Rubio is down 11, an improvement of 9 over polls earlier in the week. 

Trump is not picking up support anywhere, just losing it. Thus his "Islam hates America" remark last night.  Gotta fire up those bubbas.

I think Kasich is picking up Rubio's supporters.

HonestJohn

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 09:16:08 pm »

Calm down, breath deep and think about what I said for a change.

Why do you assume the Trump delegates are going to go to Cleveland and vote to give the nomination to someone else? What makes you think that is not a two way street where people will decide that the right thing to do is nominate the candidate with the most delegates and desert Cruz/Kaisch/Rubio/Carson for Trump?

I'm not the one who thinks Democracy should stop working because a candidate loses a Primary election.

Because, at the end of the day, those delegates will go home to positions within the GOP.  Not Trump, Inc.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 02:41:30 am »
HonestJohn wrote above (regarding Ohio):
"I think Kasich is picking up Rubio's supporters."

After Ben Carson's endorsement of Trump, Trump's poll numbers will climb back up a little, as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if a modest number of Ted Cruz' supporters are swayed by Dr. Carson's endorsement, and move towards Mr. Trump.

Ohio will probably finish pretty close between Trump and Kasich...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 03:54:52 am »
HonestJohn wrote above (regarding Ohio):
"I think Kasich is picking up Rubio's supporters."

After Ben Carson's endorsement of Trump, Trump's poll numbers will climb back up a little, as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if a modest number of Ted Cruz' supporters are swayed by Dr. Carson's endorsement, and move towards Mr. Trump.

Ohio will probably finish pretty close between Trump and Kasich...

I think Cruz supporters, and even Carson supporters will be gravely disappointed if he endorses Trump.

People like Carson because of his character.   The very reason they don't like Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.