Author Topic: Rubio: 'I am not dropping out of this race'  (Read 3167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio: 'I am not dropping out of this race'
« on: March 10, 2016, 02:11:29 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/272486-rubio-i-am-not-dropping-out-of-this-race

March 09, 2016, 11:17 pm
Rubio: 'I am not dropping out of this race'

By Cheryl Segal

Presidential candidate Marco Rubio on Thursday night insisted he is not dropping out of the GOP primary, despite reports that he was considering doing so just days before his home state's primary.

Asked by Fox News's Megyn Kelly if he was preparing to drop out, the junior senator from Florida said, "No. I am not dropping out, I am fighting all the way through. We’re going to win Florida."

He added that reports of him dropping out before Tuesday's winner-take-all primary in Florida, which will award 99 delegates, are "100 percent, categorically false."

"We win Florida on Tuesday and this election changes completely, and it gives us the momentum to go forward to win the nomination," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Rubio: 'I am not dropping out of this race'
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:28:28 pm »
It's over Marco.   

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:30:54 pm »
Good on ya, Rubio. 

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:35:03 pm »
What's that line from the MASH theme song? "Suicide is painless"?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:16:03 pm »
For once in his political career he has the chance to actually do the right thing and drop out.  He will lose FL and his political career and rightfully so!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 03:22:40 pm »
C'mon, Marco.  Endorse Kasich or Cruz and get out for the good of the nation.  Maybe you'll garner the veep slot.  But do it for the good of the nation.   This race needs to be reduced to three candidates in order to deny Trump the nomination.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 03:54:17 pm »
He better make damn sure his pollsters are right, because if Trump wins FL Rubio's brand is ruined and so is his career in politics. On the other hand if he ask the people of Florida, if you were going to vote for me, I ask you to vote please vote for Cruz instead.....Trump will not be the nominee and we can all stop worrying.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »
Rube needs to keep fighting.  Look at all the tremendous crowds attending his Florida campaign rallies!  Somebody needs to spend the Big Donor dollars.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 12:10:07 pm »
Well, he certainly shined at last night's debate,  showing his command of the issues in stark contrast to Trump's low-information shtick.

By Wednesday we may know for certain whether Clinton will be the next President.  If Trump takes both Florida and Ohio,  Hillary's in.   If not,  then there's a fighting chance for a conservative. 

The Supreme Court's at stake, folks.   The time to deny Trump a first ballot nomination is now.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »
Smart move really. Even the hint that if he doesnt win Florida he's dropping out would be disasterous. People don't like throwing their vote away, so would vote for their second choice.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »
Rubio should stay in if for no other reason than to push us into a brokered convention. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09:47 pm »
Sorry, if he drops out, trump wins Florida and it is game over for cruz and the nation. Besides, half of the delegates are yet to be chosen and momentum is a funny thing. Cruz could have a very bad night next Tuesday, not winning anything and then Rubio might not look so bad in a contested convention, which it will be if trump loses Florida and Ohio.

Nope. FL is a closed primary.  I believe if Rubio and Cruz aren't splitting the vote, Cruz would take Trump.  Even IF Rubio takes Florida he still is behind in delegates and given how poorly he has done so far, it is unlikely he'll do well in another state. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 01:23:06 pm »
Nope. FL is a closed primary.  I believe if Rubio and Cruz aren't splitting the vote, Cruz would take Trump.  Even IF Rubio takes Florida he still is behind in delegates and given how poorly he has done so far, it is unlikely he'll do well in another state. 

At this point the more strategic approach may be to use each candidate's strengths in particular states to pick up enough delegates to deny Trump a majority.  An all or nothing approach based on Cruz alone may be much riskier at this point.  The more candidates still in the race, the more likely it is each will pick up enough delegates so that, together, Trump is denied a majority.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 01:29:53 pm »
Cruz has no chance of taking Florida. He is not even close. The closed primary will help Rubio. 1 out 5 have already voted early.

As far as how well he would do in another state, perceptions change rapidly. If Cruz wins nothing on Tuesday and Rubio wins Florida, national polls still have him doing better than Cruz against Hillary and the GOP is looking for someone to beat Hillary. Rubio and Kasich win on Tuesday the chances of a contested convention become very big. Rubio needs to stay in and the debates need to continue where we can hear the candidates talk about issues like last night.

Don't get me wrong. I will vote Cruz in November if he is the nominee. Just never Trump.

So if Trump gets the nomination, you'll be satisfied with a Hillary Presidency?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 01:36:23 pm »
Bless his heart.....     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 01:40:43 pm »
This is nothing like the badges the Jews had to wear during the Holocaust, that was different, but you know, it’s the same thing.

What is DJT trying to say?  His badges either are, or are not, like the badges the Nazis forced on the Jews.  Which one is it?  Based on the rest of DJT's statement, I have my view on it, but no sense in ruffling feathers.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 01:42:49 pm »
Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  13m13 minutes ago
There’s something of the proud parent in the way many are treating Trump today: “He sat down for thirty minutes and he ate all his greens.”

Charles C. W. Cooke ‏@charlescwcooke  10m10 minutes ago
“He was good as gold. Grandma’s little helper, he was! Couple of potty accidents, but he’s alright.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 01:43:30 pm »

David M. Drucker
‏@DavidMDrucker
Why won't Rubio attack Trump?
Why is Rubio attacking Trump?
Why did Rubio stop attacking Trump? You can't win if you don't attack Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »

Noah Rothman
‏@NoahCRothman
Bit incongruous for the press to berate Rubio for weeks for getting into the mud and, when he takes the high road, declare it surrender

Just Karl ‏@justkarl  9h9 hours ago
Just Karl Retweeted Noah Rothman
It's entirely consistent with desperately wanting Trump as the nominee. Ratings plus political ruin for the GOP.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 01:54:06 pm »
Well, he certainly shined at last night's debate,  showing his command of the issues in stark contrast to Trump's low-information shtick.

By Wednesday we may know for certain whether Clinton will be the next President.  If Trump takes both Florida and Ohio,  Hillary's in.   If not,  then there's a fighting chance for a conservative. 

The Supreme Court's at stake, folks.   The time to deny Trump a first ballot nomination is now.

Ah yes the old "Conservative"  uber alles stick from the DC machine.

GOP Presidents have been in office for 20 of the last 36 years. Why is the SC as far Leftist now as it has been in decades if we "got to vote for the Purity Choir candiate at all costs" again to hold the SC?

Maybe instead of repeating the same fail dogmas of the last 30 years, we might think outside the box for a change.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:55:19 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 01:56:08 pm »
Bless his heart.....     :laugh:

Exactly.  Rubio stays in, it will give Trump FL and possibly the nomination. My hunch is Rubio has been promised the nomination if this election goes to convention. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:57:54 pm by libertybele »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 01:58:32 pm »
Exactly.  Rubio stays in, it will give Trump FL and the nomination. 

From my perspective, to quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing".

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »
Cruz has no chance of taking Florida. He is not even close. The closed primary will help Rubio. 1 out 5 have already voted early.

As far as how well he would do in another state, perceptions change rapidly. If Cruz wins nothing on Tuesday and Rubio wins Florida, national polls still have him doing better than Cruz against Hillary and the GOP is looking for someone to beat Hillary. Rubio and Kasich win on Tuesday the chances of a contested convention become very big. Rubio needs to stay in and the debates need to continue where we can hear the candidates talk about issues like last night.

Don't get me wrong. I will vote Cruz in November if he is the nominee. Just never Trump.

We are on the same page as far as candidate preferences. I wasn't giving it much hope that Rubio would win FL even though Trump was only up by a very vulnerable amount in the FL polls. Remember as of late the election day outcome has been lower than his polls going in. But after last nights smashing success on the debate stage by Rubio, and it was very obvious the Miami crowd loved him, I think Trump is the one that needs to worry.     

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 02:00:21 pm »
DOJ explores 'action' against climate-change deniers

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,197976.0.html

Another reason why this petulance pretending to be "principal" of #NeverTrump is such a intellectually vacuous notion.

Great you hate Trump. Good for you but it absurd to argue that Trump would ever attempt anything like this. Clinton would do it in a heart beat

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »
From my perspective, to quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing".

Ok. But can Trump beat Hillary (all polling data indicates no)?    IF by some chance Bernie takes the nomination, can he beat Bernie?