Author Topic: Rubio: 'I am not dropping out of this race'  (Read 3149 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Rubio: 'I am not dropping out of this race'
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »
Trump is more likely to beat Cruz in Florida than Rubio. 

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 02:09:35 pm »
Ok. But can Trump beat Hillary (all polling data indicates no)?    IF by some chance Bernie takes the nomination, can he beat Bernie?

I've seen a couple of polls that disagree with you on both.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 03:05:42 pm »

Without an actual general election campaign underway, those head-to-head numbers are meaningless.

Before Donald Trump began running in the primary no one gave him a chance of even breaking 15%.

Then, Trump began to campaign and bring his message to people and that changed everything.

Some people here are hanging on to those head-to-head numbers like they were a life preserver. Sorry, But, that life preserver is waterlogged.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 03:08:53 pm »

So have I. But that's in the nature of polls and the trend amongst the pool of polls is against Trump. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 03:09:42 pm »
Without an actual general election campaign underway, those head-to-head numbers are meaningless.

Before Donald Trump began running in the primary no one gave him a chance of even breaking 15%.

Then, Trump began to campaign and bring his message to people and that changed everything.

Some people here are hanging on to those head-to-head numbers like they were a life preserver. Sorry, But, that life preserver is waterlogged.

It ain't just a river in Egypt. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 03:10:24 pm »

Guy Benson ‏@guypbenson  23h23 hours ago
It's going to be so "easy" for Trump to beat Hillary.  RCP averages vs HRC:

Kasich +7
Rubio +4
Cruz +1

Trump -6
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 03:18:45 pm »
At this point the more strategic approach may be to use each candidate's strengths in particular states to pick up enough delegates to deny Trump a majority.  An all or nothing approach based on Cruz alone may be much riskier at this point.  The more candidates still in the race, the more likely it is each will pick up enough delegates so that, together, Trump is denied a majority.

IOW to follow the Romney strategy. He is such a winner at Presidential election strategy. The Donald says thanks.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »
Rubio will drop out, whether he knows it, whether he wants to or not.

The people, the voters, will push him overboard. He is the guy who has already been voted off the island. The only problem is, he just refuses to accept it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »
Rubio will drop out, whether he knows it, whether he wants to or not.

The people, the voters, will push him overboard. He is the guy who has already been voted off the island. The only problem is, he just refuses to accept it.

Yo! 240! Glad to see you back, dude.

Post more, your insightful comments here have been missed.  :patriot:

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 03:43:23 pm »

You make a valid point, however, if Trump were have to been attacking Hillary like he's done to members of his current party of choice, I would be more apt to believe he could beat her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »
Ah yes the old "Conservative"  uber alles stick from the DC machine.

GOP Presidents have been in office for 20 of the last 36 years. Why is the SC as far Leftist now as it has been in decades if we "got to vote for the Purity Choir candiate at all costs" again to hold the SC?

Maybe instead of repeating the same fail dogmas of the last 30 years, we might think outside the box for a change.

Maybe that's all true.  But you're still just cutting off your nose to spite your face.  If Trump's the nominee, Hillary's the next President.   As far as I'm concerned,  you're as much an operative for Hillary as you think you are for the Trumpeeno.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »
Maybe that's all true.  But you're still just cutting off your nose to spite your face.  If Trump's the nominee, Hillary's the next President.   As far as I'm concerned,  you're as much an operative for Hillary as you think you are for the Trumpeeno.

We won't survive a Trump presidency.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:56 pm »
Yo! 240! Glad to see you back, dude.

Post more, your insightful comments here have been missed.  :patriot:

I'm not back yet. I just patched together a weird way to be with you all, my friends. Still out there in the wilderness.
Each post takes a lot of time and effort. However, I'll be back as soon as I can.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Relic

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 03:55:08 pm »

We won't survive a Trump presidency.

But a Clinton presidency, with a capitulating, compliant Congress and a cheering media will be good?

Trump is an unknown quantity, Hillary is a known destructor.

Given that choice, I'll take Trump. At least there is a chance.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »
But a Clinton presidency, with a capitulating, compliant Congress and a cheering media will be good?

Trump is an unknown quantity, Hillary is a known destructor.

Given that choice, I'll take Trump. At least there is a chance.

Neither will be good.  Both will be a disaster.  It's a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils, or just staying home.   For me,  the priority will be excision of the cancer that is Trumpism.   That's the greater evil,  both because Trump himself is unstable and dangerous, and because when all is said and done,  I cannot abide his pandering to white racists, and his contempt for the Constitution.   I can't vote for a candidate endorsed by David Duke, or who would order our soldiers to commit war crimes.     

Offline Relic

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 04:22:07 pm »
Trump is a known quantity and unacceptable to a majority of the people.

It's good to know you speak for the majority of Americans.
Have you considered politics, there should be a Senate seat open in Florida fairly soon.

Offline Relic

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 04:24:47 pm »
Neither will be good.  Both will be a disaster.  It's a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils, or just staying home.   For me,  the priority will be excision of the cancer that is Trumpism.   That's the greater evil,  both because Trump himself is unstable and dangerous, and because when all is said and done,  I cannot abide his pandering to white racists, and his contempt for the Constitution.   I can't vote for a candidate endorsed by David Duke, or who would order our soldiers to commit war crimes.     

Interesting. For most of what you posted, if you substitute Reagan for Trump, it would match what was said in 1980.

Don't forget, you're giving Hillary the opportunity to stack the USSC.

Russian roulette. You get the Trump revolver with one bullet, or the Clinton revolver with 6 bullets. Choose one. Not choosing is choosing Hillary.

Offline Relic

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 04:35:14 pm »
I don't speak for the majority of Americans.  They will speak in November and as of right now ALL polls show a disapproval of Trump by the majority. Even Trump friendly polls.

As for me, if you want to get personal, No, not interested in politics, I am happily retired with a few business side interests.

As for Rubio. Rubio is leaving the senate of his own accord and I am sure will do just fine after the senate even if he doesn't make past the convention or even past next week.  He has been a strong conservative leaders for years and years and I wish him well.

Well, you're kind of loose with what you post. You said: "Trump is a known quantity and unacceptable to a majority of the people."

As for you personally, I simply was observing that someone with the power to speak for a majority of Americans is wasting their gift here on a political forum.

As for Rubio, he may be leaving "on his own accord" because he hates the job.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2015/10/25/28cfaff0-6d59-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

All that voting stuff was a bit much for Rubio. But, somehow, he thinks the presidency would suit him better.

Mr. Rubio is an establishment favorite. He won't hold elected office, but will be made a wealthy man.
I simply wish Marco Rubio would get exactly what he deserves.

Offline Relic

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2016, 04:38:22 pm »
Comparing Reagan to Trump? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: Most people don't like to play Russian roulette which is why Trump must be stopped as you yourself said with Trump
you get the revolver with one bullet. Why would people want that? :chairbang: :chairbang:

That's the new game in town. Forget what was said, Reagan and Trump were in the same post, so it's a comparison, right? Why bother to notice that the post compared what was said about each man, not comparing the two individuals?

Whine, cry, vote for Hillary, do as you will, it won't change the choice that we're gong to get. Trump vs. Clinton. Nothing you say, or do, or mischaracterize will change that.

Offline Relic

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2016, 05:05:09 pm »
Of course you were comparing Trump to Reagan and how we should not be afraid of a Trump.

Sorry, I could not vote for Hillary either.

As for "we are going to get Trump vs Clinton", although it appears that way now, a month is a long time in politics. Although, next week might make your prediction closer to reality. I am hoping it doesn't.

I guess that's the difference between imply and infer.

The meaning I intend is that hyperbole regarding a candidate isn't helpful, and CAN be completely wrong.

Trump is a concern. He isn't a man of sterling character, or unwavering consistency. However, I'd crawl over broken glass to vote for Trump over Hillary Clinton.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »
Mr. Rubio is an establishment favorite. He won't hold elected office, but will be made a wealthy man.
I simply wish Marco Rubio would get exactly what he deserves.

That is the curse of the traitor.

Rubio was elected to office only because he is a liar. He pretended to be the opposite of what he really was. He betrayed the people who voted for him.

The Romans, the Greeks, and the Hebrews in history would say to a traitor, "May you live for a thousand years."

I wish Rubio wealth and long life. May he live for one thousand years.

Offline flowers

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2016, 05:41:00 pm »
I guess Rubes considers it a win if he only wins 1 out of 50 states?  He must be really getting huge amount of personnel wealth staying in the race, because when he loses Florida his political career will be toast.

Offline flowers

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2016, 05:43:09 pm »
That is the curse of the traitor.

Rubio was elected to office only because he is a liar. He pretended to be the opposite of what he really was. He betrayed the people who voted for him.

The Romans, the Greeks, and the Hebrews in history would say to a traitor, "May you live for a thousand years."

I wish Rubio wealth and long life. May he live for one thousand years.
I is really nice to see you here 240B.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2016, 06:05:59 pm »
Interesting. For most of what you posted, if you substitute Reagan for Trump, it would match what was said in 1980.

Don't forget, you're giving Hillary the opportunity to stack the USSC.

Russian roulette. You get the Trump revolver with one bullet, or the Clinton revolver with 6 bullets. Choose one. Not choosing is choosing Hillary.

The last thing I want to do is vote for Hillary Clinton.  My eyes are wide open about the disaster she'd be, starting with the Supreme Court.   But Trump cannot be allowed to become President.   If I must, I will vote against my own self-interest to help make that happen. 

Folks here will do as they feel they must.   I could not look my own children in the eye if I were to vote for Donald Trump.   I do not want them to grow up in Trump's hateful vision of America. 

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2016, 06:09:52 pm »
Rubio thinks the establishment will snag him the nomination via a brokered convention.

Rubio campaigned as a "Tea Party" conservative. And now he is the face of the D.C. cartel. That should tell you all you need to know about who and what he really is, and his character.

A vote for Rubio is a vote for Hillary, Pelosi, Reid, and Obama. They are all in the same club.