Author Topic: Clinton denies lying to Benghazi victims' families  (Read 335 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton denies lying to Benghazi victims' families
« on: March 10, 2016, 02:06:20 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/272483-clinton-denies-lying-to-benghazi-victims-families

March 09, 2016, 10:17 pm
Clinton denies lying to Benghazi victims' families

By Ben Kamisar

Hillary Clinton pushed back against accusations that she lied to the families of victims of the 2012 Benghazi terror attacks after being confronted by a video of a family member making that accusation.
“I feel a great deal of sympathy for the families of the four brave Americans we lost in Benghazi, and I certainly can't even imagine the grief she has for losing her son. But she’s wrong. She's absolutely wrong," Clinton said Wednesday during the Univision/CNN Democratic presidential debate in Miami.

"We were scrambling to get information that was changing literally by the hour. And when we had information, we made it public, but then sometimes we had to go back and say, 'We have new information that contradicts it.'"

The accusation has been a common line of attack on the GOP side, including a permanent fixture of Sen. Marco Rubio's (Fla.) stump speech.

Clinton argued that the many investigations all came to the conclusion that there were lessons to be learned, but that the administration did not purposefully mislead.

"This is not the first time we lost Americans in a terrorist attack. We lost 3,000 people on 9/11. We lost Americans serving in embassies in Tanzania and Kenya when my husband was president. We lost over 250 Americans, both military and civilians, when Ronald Reagan was president. And at no other time of those tragedies were they politicized," Clinton said to thunderous applause.

Clinton was also specifically asked about an email she sent to her daughter that said a terrorist group was responsible for the attack, despite public messaging pinning the attack in part on backlash to an anti-Muslim video.

"At the time I emailed with my daughter, a terrorist group had taken credit for our attacks on Benghazi. Within 16, 18 hours, they rescinded taking credit," she said.

"The video did play a role; we have captured one of the lead terrorists, and he admits that it was both a terrorist attack and it was influenced by the video. This was fog of war. This was complicated." 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Clinton denies lying to Benghazi victims' families
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:25:10 pm »
She has lied her way into so much at this point it is possible she has no idea she is lying.  Her entire life, both personal and professional, has been a giant whopper.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 02:36:46 pm »
Second only to Barry Soetero when it comes to lying even with the mouth closed. She wouldn't know the truth if it bit her on her rather stupendous fundament.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 03:12:14 pm »
Prediction:

The Benghazi families will become 2016's version of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.  Imagine members of all four families of the brave men killed each insisting HRC told them it was about a video as they stood just a few yards away from their deceased loved ones.

Where do I send my PAC donation?  This vile woman is pure evil and anyone on this board voting for her has no business on a board such as this one.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »
Hopefully Killary will pay for lies and deceitfulness that has been her legacy.