Author Topic: Limbaugh: Democrats ruined the presidency long before Trump  (Read 1549 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/rush-limbaugh-democrats-220519

Limbaugh: Democrats ruined the presidency long before Trump

By Nick Gass

03/09/16 05:39 PM EST

Donald Trump may have stood before the media on Tuesday night touting his expansive list of business products, from Trump Wine to Trump Water to Trump Steaks (which were not actually Trump Steaks), but he would not be the first to sully the reverence for the office of the presidency, Rush Limbaugh said on his show Wednesday. That work was done long ago by Democrats and the media, he argued.

Noting establishment media and political figures like Charles Krauthammer and Mitt Romney, who say they cannot understand Trump's appeal, Limbaugh sought to explain why so many Americans are seemingly not bothered by Trump's style and level of discourse.

His answer: Democrats sullied the White House.

"Who was the last president you can think of who treated the office and everything about it with utmost reverence and respect?" Limbaugh asked, according to a transcript of the show.

He answered his own question, saying that president is George W. Bush and "maybe if you want to go back, his dad, George H.W. Bush. And then you go back to Ronaldus Magnus." Limbaugh then said he would not put neither President Barack Obama nor Bill Clinton in that category.

"I wouldn't put any single Democrat in that discussion," he went on to say. "My point is this: The only one of those presidents, when you answer that question that's relevant right now, is George W. Bush, demographically, generationally."

Limbaugh then asked rhetorically what Bush's reverence got him as president. "And remember, now, I'm asking the question in the context of everybody wringing their hands over what Trump is doing to damage the sacred trust," he said, remarking upon those who say, "Trump is making a mockery of it, how Trump is lowering it and it now is no different and no better than a reality show on TV, and this is not what presidential campaigns are supposed to be. It's in that context that I ask the question."

"The media, the Democrat Party was able to convince a majority of Americans that Bush was rotten, that Bush was a liar, that Bush was incompetent, that Bush was stupid, and all of the reverence that he showed for the office didn't matter," Limbaugh said.

In attempting to explain why people are not "disgusted" by Trump's behavior, Limbaugh pointed to a "different generational era, particularly in our pop culture."

"And there are people, and probably an increasing number of people, who don't find anything wrong — in fact, not only do they not find anything wrong about it, they think it's refreshing," he said. They think it's refreshing that a real guy who talks like real people — i.e., like they do — is not acting all heady and lofty and uppity over them and is just behaving like anybody else would, like they would if they were in the same shoes."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: Limbaugh: Democrats ruined the presidency long before Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 01:30:08 am »
Rush hasn't studied much history, then, or he's choosing to be willfully blind.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 01:38:45 am »
Rush hasn't studied much history, then, or he's choosing to be willfully blind.

Has any POTUS in history sullied the office more than Clinton and Obama?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:01:55 am »

I wasn't around for some of it, but I don't think so.

Just to add a little color, I have never once listened to a Clinton or Obama address. A record I'm quite proud of, I might add.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 02:03:24 am »

Puleeze.  Go read some history.  The answer is yes.

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 02:12:30 am »
Puleeze.  Go read some history.  The answer is yes.

Well JFK and LBJ are just a couple more demonrat examples. I still maintain Clinton was the worst.

You make the claim, show your knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 02:16:43 am »
Well JFK and LBJ are just a couple more demonrat examples. I still maintain Clinton was the worst.

You make the claim, show your knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Try President Grant:  Grant Administration Scandals

You're welcome.  Try reading something other than holy writ from the Trump cult of personality; you might learn something that's actually true.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:17:28 am by Bill Cipher »

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 02:25:26 am »

Try President Grant:  Grant Administration Scandals

You're welcome.  Try reading something other than holy writ from the Trump cult of personality; you might learn something that's actually true.

The Grant scandals pale in comparison the Clinton scandals. Of course libs believe Clinton the sexual predator didn't do anything wrong.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/another-clinton-associate-found-dead-bill-hillarys-body-count-increases/

Bill Cipher

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 02:30:02 am »
The Grant scandals pale in comparison the Clinton scandals. Of course libs believe Clinton the sexual predator didn't do anything wrong.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/another-clinton-associate-found-dead-bill-hillarys-body-count-increases/

Are you serious?  Really?  Bill Clinton diddled at least one intern and probably groped a couple of others.

Here's just a sampling of what Grant got into:

the Black Friday gold speculation ring in 1869
corruption in seven federal departments, including the Navy, Justice, War, Treasury, Interior, State, and the Post Office
Nepotism was prevalent, with over 40 family members or relatives benefiting from government appointments and employment

And Grant's response?  Grant's reactions to the scandals ranged from prosecuting the perpetrators to protecting or pardoning those who were accused and convicted of the crimes.

You really think diddling a couple of interns is worse than that, and that's only a sampling of what went on in Grant's administration.

You're unreal.  Absolutely unreal.

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:39:43 am »
Libs will defend Clinton no matter the number of dead, drugs or lies.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMktUYvC7k]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMktUYvC7k

Bill Clinton's Lies About CIA Drug Trafficking In Mena, Arkansas

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 02:48:11 am »
Libs will defend Clinton no matter the number of dead, drugs or lies.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMktUYvC7k]]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMktUYvC7k]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMktUYvC7k

Bill Clinton's Lies About CIA Drug Trafficking In Mena, Arkansas

You are so pathetic.  I am not denying, or minimizing, Clinton's corruption, I'm simply pointing out that things have been a lot worse before, and that it's the epitome of parochialism to treat Clinton as the benchmark for what is and what is not corrupt.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 03:08:38 am »
Limbaugh is half right, but I dunno, I guess I don't think a little decorum is too much to ask for.

Because Clinton got a hummer in the white house I am now a snob because Trump brags about his dick size, sell fake Trump steaks, lies, changes positions every 5 minutes, threatens reporters etc. etc.

Limbaugh is intent on ramming Trump down our throat. I wonder why?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 03:10:55 am »
Limbaugh is half right, but I dunno, I guess I don't think a little decorum is too much to ask for.

Because Clinton got a hummer in the white house I am now a snob because Trump brags about his dick size, sell fake Trump steaks, lies, changes positions every 5 minutes, threatens reporters etc. etc.

Limbaugh is intent on ramming Trump down our throat. I wonder why?

Maybe he got a little back-room "assurance" the way the NY Times got "assurance" from Trump on his public anti-immigrant stance.

A-Lert

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 04:12:30 am »

You are so pathetic.  I am not denying, or minimizing, Clinton's corruption, I'm simply pointing out that things have been a lot worse before, and that it's the epitome of parochialism to treat Clinton as the benchmark for what is and what is not corrupt.

More insults. No, things were not worse before. How many tons of drugs, number of deaths and lies are enough for you.Not to mention his personal misconduct.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 04:21:03 am »

You are so pathetic.

Didn't I read somewhere recently where personal attacks are not acceptable?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 02:30:14 pm »

Clinton? Millard Fillmore, James Buchanan, Woodrow Wilson, and for me, FDR. [honorable mention to LBJ]. Il Douche? Nobody.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Bill Cipher

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 02:31:55 pm »
Didn't I read somewhere recently where personal attacks are not acceptable?

Hypocrite

Bill Cipher

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 02:32:45 pm »
Clinton? Millard Fillmore, James Buchanan, Woodrow Wilson, and for me, FDR. [honorable mention to LBJ]. Il Douche? Nobody.

Another bunch of reprobates to add to Grant. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 02:38:22 pm »
Another bunch of reprobates to add to Grant.

And you can add Lincoln to that list!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:04 pm »
And you can add Lincoln to that list!

Still angry about the slaves gaining freedom?

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 06:39:01 pm by A-Lert »

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 06:42:08 pm »

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

Still angry about the destruction of Federalism, when states turned into satrapies.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 07:04:30 pm »

How many slaves do you imagine that Lincoln freed?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 07:29:29 pm »
How many slaves do you imagine that Lincoln freed?

I have no idea. What does the number have to do with anything. Would you like to see it made legal again?

A-Lert

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 07:35:32 pm »
Still angry about the destruction of Federalism, when states turned into satrapies.

Federalism destroyed?