Author Topic: “To Trump Haters: Words are Important”  (Read 6305 times)

A-Lert

Re: “To Trump Haters: Words are Important”
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2016, 11:45:44 pm »
Good grief....you haters never stop do ya?  You always have to attack the poster who defends themselves from you. Just like a lib....rabid.

I don't mind, it just shows who has character, virtue and integrity and who doesn't.  :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2016, 12:09:54 am »
Good grief....you haters never stop do ya?  You always have to attack the poster who defends themselves from you. Just like a lib....rabid.

Not one word of that makes sense, flowers........

btw, this is the second time I've been called a liberal in the past few hours.  (A-Lert's ad hominem was downright slimy).

Perhaps you may want to think about exactly who you're accusing of what.  A-Lert is new and has been on the attack since she got here, but you know me, flowers, and you know that I'm not even remotely liberal.

Please calm down.....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:13:06 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2016, 12:14:52 am »
I don't mind, it just shows who has character, virtue and integrity and who doesn't.  :laugh:

Nice.  I'm talking about Trump's lack of virtue, and you counter-attack by saying that I lack virtue.

Trump is fair game.  It's way over the top for you to tell me I lack integrity because I don't like Trump's lack of it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2016, 12:20:31 am »
but....but... Donald Self Funds .....everything he does....

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

A-Lert

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2016, 12:20:43 am »
Not one word of that makes sense, flowers........

btw, this is the second time I've been called a liberal in the past few hours.  (A-Lert's ad hominem was downright slimy).

Perhaps you may want to think about exactly who you're accusing of what.  A-Lert is new and has been on the attack since she got here, but you know me, flowers, and you know that I'm not even remotely liberal.

Please calm down.....

There was no ad hominem attack on you. Please calm down. Dr. Carson is a good, intelligent, thoughtful man. There is absolutely no reason to attack his integrity, character or credentials. He was attacked and denigrated solely because he endorsed Trump.

A-Lert

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2016, 12:23:11 am »
Nice.  I'm talking about Trump's lack of virtue, and you counter-attack by saying that I lack virtue.

Trump is fair game.  It's way over the top for you to tell me I lack integrity because I don't like Trump's lack of it.

Calm down, don't take everything so personally and seriously.  Didn't you see the smiley face.

PS I'm a he not a she.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:24:19 am by A-Lert »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2016, 12:30:33 am »
Calm down, don't take everything so personally and seriously.  Didn't you see the smiley face.

PS I'm a he not a she.

I don't care if you're a he or a she.  You're very, very nasty and free with baseless ad hominems, and if you do it again, I will report you to the mods, and will put you on IGNORE as someone who says nothing worth reading.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2016, 12:33:47 am »
I don't care if you're a he or a she.  You're very, very nasty and free with baseless ad hominems, and if you do it again, I will report you to the mods, and will put you on IGNORE as someone who says nothing worth reading.

Oh, stop it, ML.

Stop  whining.  And your sanctimony is getting a bit too thick.

You dish it out day in and day out....and expect to be treated with respect.

"Don't start sh*t and there won't be none"....as the meme says.

I'm sick and g*d-damned tired of the whole lot of you!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:34:59 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2016, 12:36:39 am »
Oh, stop it, ML.

Stop  whining.  And your sanctimony is getting a bit too thick.

You dish it out day in and day out....and expect to be treated with respect.

"Don't start sh*t and there won't be none"....as the meme says.

I don't expect to be treated with respect by someone as nasty as A-Lert, but I don't expect to be called a liberal and lacking in integrity because I don't think Trump is either conservative or virtuous.

And I'm not whining.  I'm stating opinions.  I don't feel like a martyr, and I don't feel sorry for myself.

I feel sorry for Conservatism and America, but that's entirely different.

(And I didn't start anything with this A-Lert fellow.  I've been talking about Trump the whole time.  He/she just doesn't like what I'm saying).

A-Lert

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2016, 12:41:02 am »

Report me for what? A smiley face? I'm probably one of the nicest, most mellow and considerate people on the internet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:42:54 am by A-Lert »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2016, 12:49:38 am »
We have the Trump-haters among us now siding with the Fascists.   (Trump canceling rally in St. Louis)

...it's a good thing I'm not in charge here....that's all I've got to say.

MFers......

Just keep in mind, my friend, that one shouldn't take an insult to Donald Trump as a personal insult.  We clearly have different opinions about the guy, but I still have tremendous respect for you, and that will never change.

You have repeatedly said that I insult people here, and I am being quite careful to make sure that my words are directed at Trump himself (not that I always succeed) and not fellow TBR posters.

So if my comments against Trump qualify me as a "Fascist" in your opinion, I don't know how I can fix anything.

And that makes me very sad.........
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:50:09 am by musiclady »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2016, 12:53:11 am »

Just keep in mind, my friend, that one shouldn't take an insult to Donald Trump as a personal insult.  We clearly have different opinions about the guy, but I still have tremendous respect for you, and that will never change.

See?  That's EXACTLY what I mean.   You are the poster child of somebody who takes a rebuttal to your group's insults and slurs, personally.

You have repeatedly said that I insult people here, and I am being quite careful to make sure that my words are directed at Trump himself (not that I always succeed) and not fellow TBR posters.

So if my comments against Trump qualify me as a "Fascist" in your opinion, I don't know how I can fix anything.

And that makes me very sad.........

You do insult us.  Every damned day.

You directly imply that because we don't share your 'virtues', that we're morally lacking and inferior.

Keep it up.   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:54:01 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2016, 12:59:58 am »
See?  That's EXACTLY what I mean.   You are the poster child of somebody who takes a rebuttal to your group's insults and slurs, personally.

You do insult us.  Every damned day.

You directly imply that because we don't share your 'virtues', that we're morally lacking and inferior.

Keep it up.

That isn't what I think, and I've explained it repeatedly.

I do NOT think that ANY of you are morally lacking or inferior.  I think you have put your own personal standard of behavior on the back burner when it comes to liking Trump, and that you see in Donald Trump qualities that are more important than his immorality. (You've said as much, haven't you?  You're not electing a preacher?)

That is NOT insulting you.  That is disagreeing with your choice to minimize the problem of Trump's moral shortcomings.

One of the reasons I continued to love President Bush after his decisions disappointed me is that I saw in him, throughout his presidency and since, the character of a leader.  I've always thought it was one of the most important qualities we can have in a President........ thus, Reagan was strong, Clinton weak.  Bush I strong, Bush II strong, Obama weak.

I see Trump as weak.  That's not going to change no matter how much you whine about my insulting you (when I'm not).

I'm sorry that you feel my views are sanctimonious, because I see myself as a sinner, saved by Grace, and better than NO one.

That's because I'm NOT better than anyone.  I never, ever think that because it would be a lie.

Sorry for the rant, but I sure would like to get you to understand what I'm talking about and who I am.

Maybe I should stop trying...........
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:01:09 am by musiclady »