Author Topic: Breitbart reporter files charges against Donald Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski for press conference assault  (Read 322 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/reporter-files-assault-charges-trump-manager-article-1.2561180

The journalist accosted by Donald Trump’s campaign manager at a press conference has made a criminal complaint against her alleged attacker.

Michelle Fields, a reporter for Breitbart News, filed assault charges against Corey Lewandowski with police in Jupiter, Fla., the Independent Journal reported.

Fields claimed Lewandowski nearly pulled her to the ground at a Tuesday press conference in the Florida city, just after she asked the candidate a question about affirmative action.

The Jupiter Police Department said it is investigating an incident at the Trump Club, but did not release more details.

The attack left Fields with bruises on her forearm, and she tweeted a photo of the injured limb on Thursday.

Fields said she wasn’t called on to ask her question during the televised portion of the presser at the Trump National Golf Club — so when Trump walked through the crowd of journalists after the event, taking more questions, she asked hers.

“Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards,” she wrote Thursday. “Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.”

Fields said she didn’t get a look at her attacker, but at least one other reporter identified the 41-year-old campaign manager.

"The Washington Post's Ben Terris immediately remarked that it was Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who aggressively tried to pull me to the ground. I quickly turned around and saw Lewandowski and Trump exiting the building together. No apology. No explanation for why he did this," she wrote.

Trump himself later denied the attack, adding that Secret Service agents assured him “nothing happened” at the press conference.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nasty liar Ted Cruz had to fire his campaign manager for retweeting a CNN report about Carson. Roughing up women is not to a firing  level in the Trump Organization though.

"Why yes. I do like throwing girls to the floor. It's the way we make America Great Again!"

Offline Frank Cannon

Gosh. All the Trump defenders said this event didn't happen because there were no charges filed. Charges are filed and now radio silence. Interesting.

A-Lert

Do you know the definition of alleged, Frank? :shrug: