Author Topic: Trump: Rubio would need to be out before I talk VP possibility  (Read 385 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/272336-trump-rubio-would-need-to-be-out-before-i-talk-vp

March 09, 2016, 08:36 am
Trump: Rubio would need to be out before I talk VP possibility

By Jesse Byrnes

Donald Trump suggested Wednesday that Republican presidential rival Marco Rubio would have to be out of the race before the front-runner would consider him as a possible running mate.
Rubio has insisted he'll win in Florida's key winner-take-all primary next week, though he failed to secure any delegates in four states voting on Tuesday and is polling behind Trump in his home state.

"Well I don't want to say that now," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" when asked if he'd consider Rubio on the ticket. "He has a big decision to make, and he should make his own decision."

"I've always liked him, and then he hit me very, very hard and somehow it didn't work for him," Trump said, as the hosts continued to pepper him about whether he'd consider the Florida senator.

A CNN report this week claimed that some Rubio advisers were counseling him to drop out before the Sunshine State's primary to avoid a potentially embarassing loss to Trump. Rubio fought back hard, saying the report was a total fabrication.

"If he runs and loses, I think he will never be able to do anything very big politically in Florida. I certainly don't think he would be considered by anybody as vice president," Trump said Wednesday.

Co-host Joe Scarborough asked Trump if he'd consider Rubio in an effort to help appeal to Hispanic voters and the establishment should the senator drop out before the March 15 primary.

"Sure, sure. And he’s got a lot of talent. I just don’t want to say that yet, Joe," Trump said. "It’s just not appropriate to talk about it until he makes a decision."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump: Rubio would need to be out before I talk VP possibility
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »
Trump as Rubio's VP ... really??  Hopefully Trump is just baiting him so that he drops out. Besides, what side of the fence is Trump really on?  Pro-amnesty Rubio's side?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:33:30 pm »
Sounds like Trump is ready to swerve and bed down with the Establishment for votes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »
Trump is a habitual liar and shape-shifter.  He will say anything, do anything, at any time if he thinks it will benefit him at that moment.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.