Author Topic: Rush: Trump Voters Will Descend on Cleveland If RNC Thwarts Will of the People  (Read 4645 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/03/08/trump_voters_will_descend_on_cleveland_if_rnc_thwarts_will_of_the_people

Trump Voters Will Descend on Cleveland If RNC Thwarts Will of the People
March 08, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Mark in Port St. Lucie, Florida, great to have you, sir.  Hello.

CALLER:  Hello, Rush.  Like you, I read the Wall Street Journal almost every day.  For the last five months I know you've seen that they've been hammering Trump with two to four articles a day.

RUSH:  Yeah?

CALLER:  I don't think they realize that this is like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.  Can you imagine what a brokered convention with the passion of Trump representatives would look like?  It's gonna make the debates look tame.

RUSH:  Well, we need to get into that, because even if they succeed in denying Trump 1,237, if the primaries work out, let's say Cruz continues to gain ground and, I don't know, Kasich, what happens if Kasich wins Ohio, you know, there's a whole lot of stuff here yet to be decided.

Bottom line, if Trump goes into Cleveland with, say, 1,100 delegates, not 1,237, it looks like right now that the Republican Party is gonna use that as an opportunity to blow up this whole thing and use it to get rid of Trump and choose somebody else on the second, third, whatever, how many ballots it takes. In which case you've got not just Trump delegates that show up in Ohio, you've got Trump voters all over this country in an explosion of outrage.

Let's say Trump gets within 50 delegates or a hundred and nobody else is close, and if they try to yank it away and don't acknowledge the will of the people -- that's what they will be flouting.  They will be flouting the will of Republican primary voters if they try that.  There's going to be chaos, and they may want the chaos.

But there's another factor in this, too, that I don't have time to get into now.  I'll do before the program ends, I promise.  But this Wall Street Journal observation you had, too, you're right about that, and they have not been able to stop Trump.  So now they're out there on TV saying that it's my fault Trump hasn't been stopped. Imagine that.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Heard this yesterday on radio show. They are expecting a huge turnout.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

What the GOP elite failed to comprehend is how passionate the Trump supporters are. Instead of attempting to destroy and insult them, they should have been engaging them and inviting them into the "big tent". Ronald Reagan knew that in order to win a national election you needed allies, even those with whom you don't always agree.

Offline sinkspur

Percentage of vote will be just as important going forward as delegates, since most of the remaining primaries are winner-take-all.

If Trump limps into Cleveland with a winning percentage of 34%, he has no more right to be the nominee than anybody else.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What the GOP elite failed to comprehend is how passionate the Trump supporters are. Instead of attempting to destroy and insult them, they should have been engaging them and inviting them into the "big tent". Ronald Reagan knew that in order to win a national election you needed allies, even those with whom you don't always agree.

IMO, Trump supporters should be welcomed into the big tent - so long as Trump is not the nominee.   The problem with Trump isn't necessarily the issues he is promoting, but rather the race-baiting and other intemperant proclivities of the man himself. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

IMO, Trump supporters should be welcomed into the big tent - so long as Trump is not the nominee.   The problem with Trump isn't necessarily the issues he is promoting, but rather the race-baiting and other intemperant proclivities of the man himself.

Exactly.  Ronald Reagan was never obsessed with the size of his penis or, at least, he never voiced it publicly in a debate.

A-Lert

What "race-baiting"? Please explain.

A-Lert

Exactly.  Ronald Reagan was never obsessed with the size of his penis or, at least, he never voiced it publicly in a debate.

You are a sick, one note samba.

Offline sinkspur

You are a sick, one note samba.

I'm not the one who alluded to the size of his phallus, unsolicited, in a cable news debate.

Offline musiclady

Rioting by angry white people?

Yeah....... this "the people will riot" meme doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you're talking about conservative white people.

I know Beck keeps comparing this year to the Dems in 68 in Chicago, but this is a whole different ball game.

Unless Trump supporters punch each other out.  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

I'm not the one who alluded to the size of his phallus, unsolicited, in a cable news debate.

You keep posting about it. You're obsessed. You're sick, get help.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You keep posting about it. You're obsessed. You're sick, get help.

Did Washington, Lincoln, Adams, Jefferson, or Madison ever mention their "size" in public?

It's undignified for the office.

That is unless you have no respect for the office itself. Is that true?

Online Mod2

A-Lert, your petty feud bores me.

NO.

PERSONAL.

ATTACKS.

Can you read that?

A-Lert

NO.

PERSONAL.

ATTACKS.

Can you read that?

I read nearly every post. I'm not the one who keeps  referring to what Sinkspur is referring.

Rubio in fact attacked Trump.  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-has-small-hands-marco-rubio-says-n527791

SALEM, Virginia — Marco Rubio again unleashed an array of sharp attacks on Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, jabbing at his "small hands" and "spray tan."  "And you know what they say about guys with small hands," Rubio said with a smile, prompting stunned laughter from the crowd.

Can you imagine the outrage if Rubio or any GOP candidate would attack or make fun of Hillary's looks?

Rubio also targeted Trump's notorious tan, saying he "doesn't sweat because his pores are clogged from the spray tan."

"Donald Trump isn't gonna make America great, he's gonna make America orange," he said.

Indeed, some in the crowd for his Sunday night comments, which not-so-slyly hinted at questioning Trump's manhood, said he may have gone too far. Anne Hoge, a retired teacher from Salem, said she had been trying to decide between Rubio and Trump before voting Tuesday and his remarks turned her off.

"I think he spent too much time on Donald Trump, talking about him, and he made some rude comments — so I think I'm less impressed than I was," she said.

"I expected more of him."

A-Lert

Did Washington, Lincoln, Adams, Jefferson, or Madison ever mention their "size" in public?

It's undignified for the office.

That is unless you have no respect for the office itself. Is that true?

Ask Rubio, he's the one who made the reference. Do  you approve?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-has-small-hands-marco-rubio-says-n527791

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Who is to say what the 'will of the people' is? If Trump doesn't meet the threshold to win on the first vote, and a majority of voters cast ballots for another candidate, what about their will ? What if Trump got 40% of total votes and all other candidates 60% but split? Why ignore the will of those people? That's why the rule is in place regarding first vote then releasing the delegates.

I think Trump would call it 'making a deal'.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yeah....... this "the people will riot" meme doesn't make a whole lot of sense ....

The problem with running a WWE/pop culture styled storyline of a campaign is many people may get distracted by the next shiny object quickly.

Offline flowers

NO.

PERSONAL.

ATTACKS.

Can you read that?
why are you mods only attacking Trump supporters  HMMMM? 

Offline flowers

Yeah....... this "the people will riot" meme doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you're talking about conservative white people.

I know Beck keeps comparing this year to the Dems in 68 in Chicago, but this is a whole different ball game.

Unless Trump supporters punch each other out.  :smokin:
no doubt they will bus in blm types....they will be the one causing the problems then the trump people will get blamed. hmmm much like around here :smokin:   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

no doubt they will bus in blm types....they will be the one causing the problems then the trump people will get blamed. hmmm much like around here :smokin:   :laugh:

It will be very obvious if blm agitators are causing the problems, and it should be obvious if Trump supporters are causing problems.

I'm pretty sure everyone here will know the difference.  This hasn't become a hostile site, flowers.  Still us same warm, cuddly little fuzzballs.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

WHen it comes to BLM vs. Trump I'll go with Trump every time.

Just won't make me vote for him.

A-Lert

Trouble is many want to burn down the tent.

On the issue of the voters descending on the convention.  The delegate requirements are meant to prevent someone who might have a plurality of the vote but is unacceptable to the majority from automatically becoming the nominee. It gives time to pause before choosing someone who might have only 35% of the vote, even if that is more than any other candidate if the other candidates are acceptable to the majority and the leader is not. No matter what there will be unhappy people.

The burn was initiated by the anti-Trumps. Trump supporters were ridiculed from the start. Not a very wise decision when the candidate is leading.

Bill Cipher

If Trump gets a majority of delegates, then there won't be a brokered convention.  If Trump only gets a plurality, then by definition the will of the people hasn't been established and denying the nomination to Trump is not thwarting that nonexistent will, it is, precisely, following the rules and going with the will of the people, as expressed through their delegates at the convention.