Author Topic: Mitt Romney Records Robocalls for John Kasich, Governor's Campaign Says  (Read 397 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Calls for both Rubio and Kaisch. Someone better let Mitt know this is NOT going to help either.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mitt-romney-records-robocalls-john-kasich-governors-campaign/story?id=37487478

Mitt Romney has recorded robocalls to encourage voters to cast ballots for GOP presidential candidate John Kasich, as he did for Kasich's opponent Sen. Marco Rubio, telling them it is important to elect "a candidate who can defeat Hillary Clinton and who can make us proud."

The robocalls started going out to voters in Michigan this morning, Kasich spokesman Rob Nichols told ABC News.

"Hello, this is Mitt Romney calling, and I'm calling on behalf of Kasich for America," the recording begins, referring to the Ohio governor's campaign. "Today, you have the opportunity in Michigan to vote for a Republican nominee for president. These are critical times that demand a serious, thoughtful commander in chief."

Like the call that Romney recorded on behalf of Rubio, which was first reported Monday night, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee did not formally endorse any candidate but made clear his intention was to stop businessman Donald Trump from clinching the nomination and to beat Clinton, the leading Democratic presidential candidate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'd like to see Romney to stand up and formally endorse Kasich.   Now's the time to fish or cut bait.  It does no good to denounce Trump and not endorse one of his opponents.   

Kasich is being held back by the tendency to view the Presidential contest as a horse race.  Unless someone can be projected as the "winner",  then what's the use of standing up for him?   Well that's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.   Where's the moral courage to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to defeat Trumpism?   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GAJohnnie

Sure Jazz keep kidding yourself that in an anti Establishment year this "helps".
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:35:50 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I am very, very disappointed in Romney. He is subverting the will of the American people, in favor of a Karl Rove orchestrated attempt to place power in the hands of somebody picked by the oligarchy, not by we-the-people as shown by our votes.

People have become outraged at the "establishment" including the Republican side.

Yet now they fall for every sleazy tactic by the very establishment that last year they opposed.

Talk about low standards of conduct and behavior.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I am very, very disappointed in Romney. He is subverting the will of the American people, in favor of a Karl Rove orchestrated attempt to place power in the hands of somebody picked by the oligarchy, not by we-the-people as shown by our votes.

People have become outraged at the "establishment" including the Republican side.

Yet now they fall for every sleazy tactic by the very establishment that last year they opposed.

Talk about low standards of conduct and behavior.

You've become a shill,  TS.   Calling voters on behalf of the candidate you support is neither "sleazy" nor "subverting the will of the American people". 

It seems that, in your view, the only way to avoid "low standards of conduct and behavior" is to grab one's ankles for The Donald. 

You've lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned,  TS.       
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 06:55:15 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You've become a shill,  TS.   Calling voters on behalf of the candidate you support is neither "sleazy" nor "subverting the will of the American people". 

It seems that, in your view, the only way to avoid "low standards of conduct and behavior" is to grab one's ankles for The Donald. 

You've lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned,  TS.     

I do not seek credibility with you. You are profane. Reference to ankle grabbing is profane. You are profane.

Your credibility stands on your vow numerous times to vote for Hillary.

My credibility stands on my vow numerous times to vote for the Republican nominee.

I'll just rest my case with that alone.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln