Author Topic: Franklin Graham calls for truce on campaign gutter talk  (Read 998 times)

HAPPY2BME

Franklin Graham calls for truce on campaign gutter talk
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:07:44 am »
Evangelist says country is in trouble—spiritually, morally and politically

Franklin Graham speaking to a crowd on the steps of the Iowa state capitol on Tuesday January 5, 2015. (Image courtesy of Franklin Graham.)

By W. Scott Lamb - - Monday, March 7, 2016
Christian Evangelist Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham, has called on 2016 candidates to end the “childish bickering” that has dominated the campaigns as of late.

In a Facebook post, Graham wrote:
I’m calling for a truce! A time out. A halt to the insults, the back-stabbing, the dirty tricks, and the name-calling that has been spewing from most of the presidential candidates. ‪#‎SuperTuesday‬ is now over, but the campaign for the highest office in our land has stooped to a new low—and it’s not something to be proud of. Seriously. I call on the candidates to drop the childish bickering and get back to the issues that can change America for the good, for the sake of our children and grandchildren. Otherwise America is ultimately the loser. It’s obvious that this country is in trouble—spiritually, morally, and politically.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/franklin-graham-in-des-moines-iowapng/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Franklin Graham calls for truce on campaign gutter talk
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:07:57 am »
Franklin Graham Leaves GOP: Why Aren't Other Christians?

Franklin Graham recently announced his renunciation of any previous affiliation with the Republican Party after 387 members of Congress treasonously voted for a bill that not only funds terrorism abroad, but also at home.

Graham expressed that he cannot support any political party that deliberately funds, with government money, the dismembering of baby body parts and "selling" of fetal tissue. Graham has rightly compared Planned Parenthood to the Nazis, who also experimented on human beings.

Graham has previously mentioned that he has no faith in any political party and that Christians should run for office. However, he announced on Facebook:

"This is an example of why I have resigned from the Republican Party and declared myself Independent. I have no hope in the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, or Tea Party to do what is best for America.

"Seeing and hearing Planned Parenthood talk nonchalantly about selling baby parts from aborted fetuses with utter disregard for human life is reminiscent of Joseph Mengele and the Nazi concentration camps! That should've been all that was needed to turn off the faucet for their funding."

Graham pointed to renewal for next year, as he will host prayer rallies in every state in 2016 to "challenge Christians to live out their faith at home, in public and at the ballot box."

The first rally will be held in Iowa in January before the nation's first presidential primary.

If Graham has courageously called out and left a morally bankrupt Republican Party, why then are other Christian leaders not following his example? And why are any American Christians continuing to support a political party that funds an organization that sells human body parts?

Worse still, where's the outrage or political will among Christians to demand that the American government stop funding ISIS and Iran and instead protect Christian refugees?

ISIS isn't selling body parts. Yet they've received far more resources from the U.S. than Planned Parenthood has.

ISIS is selling whole bodies. Living "viable" bodies.

Living "viable" bodies of mostly 9 year-old girls and younger.

Living girls are repeatedly sold in slave bazaars. For less than $200.

Where's the outrage and political will to rescue the living?

And why would any Christian remain silent when these 387 members of Congress, 75 percent of America's leaders, have not only committed treasonous acts, but also profited from willingly funding, with American taxpayer dollars, the slaughter of children and Christians worldwide?

Leaving a political party is one option. Another is to demand resignation, impeachment, and trials for treason for these officials who have not only broken their oaths to defend the Constitution but are deliberately importing people who openly admit they hate America.

In 2015 America:

Our laws are no longer made by a legislature elected by the people.
    Our form of government exists without our consent.
    Taxation continues without representation.
    Our political authority—we the people—is no longer derived from ourselves.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/54037-franklin-graham-leaves-gop-why-aren-t-other-christians
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:09:06 am by HAPPY2BME »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 01:53:51 pm »
I call on the candidates to drop the childish bickering and get back to the issues that can change America for the good, for the sake of our children and grandchildren.
I spoke to a Republican member of Congress yesterday who pretty much said the same thing. He said I don't care about the shape of a candidate's hands, I want to know what he'll do about manufacturing, about adhering to the Constitution, about national security.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 01:45:53 am »
I have lost respect for Graham.  He says people should vote for Godly candidates but he doesn't.  Evangelicals that support Trump need to go back and take a look at the scriptures.  Trump makes a mockery of Christianity by saying he is a Christian but has never asked for forgiveness.  Somehow if you have an agenda and it matches that of a vulgar fascist then the Bible doesn't count.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:58:49 am »
I have lost respect for Graham.  He says people should vote for Godly candidates but he doesn't.  Evangelicals that support Trump need to go back and take a look at the scriptures.  Trump makes a mockery of Christianity by saying he is a Christian but has never asked for forgiveness.  Somehow if you have an agenda and it matches that of a vulgar fascist then the Bible doesn't count.
Graham hasn't endorsed Trump.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 03:45:46 am »

==============================

Will she now give her 'love and respect' back?

fick·le

: changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 06:55:37 am »

I think he has.  He may not have said I endorse Trump but has spoken about Trump favorably many times.  He has promoted the idea that he favors Trump.

I would remind Franklin Graham of this scripture when looking for leadership.  Trump is a man that claims Christianity but denies the power of the blood of Christ (2 Timothy 3:5) saying he has never needed forgiveness.  He has made a mockery of Christianity.  He takes his little cracker and wine.

2 Timothy 3:1-9New International Version (NIV)

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 07:20:11 am »

According to AL.com, he was then asked specifically about his previously stated admiration for billionaire businessman Donald Trump.

“I’ve met him and talked to him. I think everybody who watched last night couldn’t help but agree with some of the things he said. He’s not a politician. He says what he thinks. He’s no dummy. He’s worth a lot of money. Whether he’ll see this all the way through, who knows? He’s a very smart man.”

http://conservativetribune.com/graham-statement-trump/http://

“I’m not endorsing Donald J. Trump or any other candidate, but one thing’s for sure — he’s shaking up the Republican Party and the political process overall. And it needs shaking up!”

“Washington has become so corrupt and off-focus. We have some great individuals running for president in 2016. My advice to them? Stop taking cheap shots at each other and get back to telling the American people what you can do for this country and how you’re going to do it.

“It is my prayer that God will give us a president who will look to Him for wisdom and direction as he or she leads this great nation,” Graham concluded.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 07:27:59 am »

According to AL.com, he was then asked specifically about his previously stated admiration for billionaire businessman Donald Trump.

“I’ve met him and talked to him. I think everybody who watched last night couldn’t help but agree with some of the things he said. He’s not a politician. He says what he thinks. He’s no dummy. He’s worth a lot of money. Whether he’ll see this all the way through, who knows? He’s a very smart man.”

http://conservativetribune.com/graham-statement-trump/http://

“I’m not endorsing Donald J. Trump or any other candidate, but one thing’s for sure — he’s shaking up the Republican Party and the political process overall. And it needs shaking up!”

“Washington has become so corrupt and off-focus. We have some great individuals running for president in 2016. My advice to them? Stop taking cheap shots at each other and get back to telling the American people what you can do for this country and how you’re going to do it.

“It is my prayer that God will give us a president who will look to Him for wisdom and direction as he or she leads this great nation,” Graham concluded.

If Franklin Graham is neutral why hasn't he spoken about other candidates?  The only one he has commented on by name seems to be Trump.  I could be wrong but I haven't seen it.

Edit: Ah! The margins are bleeding!  :laugh:

Resized your picture for you - if you have a massive picture in future, add " width=500" after the tag img, so it reads
Code: [Select]
[img width=500]urlofpicture.com[/img].[/i]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:35:54 am by Mod2 »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 07:35:02 am »
I think he has.  He may not have said I endorse Trump but has spoken about Trump favorably many times.  He has promoted the idea that he favors Trump.

I would remind Franklin Graham of this scripture when looking for leadership.  Trump is a man that claims Christianity but denies the power of the blood of Christ (2 Timothy 3:5) saying he has never needed forgiveness.  He has made a mockery of Christianity.  He takes his little cracker and wine.

===================================

If all it takes to 'mock' your 'Christianity' is a political election, and a temporal political figure (who has never been elected to a public office), then you should question 'what rock' you are standing firmly on. 

Your authority is higher than God's to judge not only Donald Trump, but also Franklin Graham who just spoke out against the exact same thing you are doing right here.

You won't get this.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 07:40:37 am »
If Franklin Graham is neutral why hasn't he spoken about other candidates?  The only one he has commented on by name seems to be Trump.  I could be wrong but I haven't seen it.

Resized your picture for you - if you have a massive picture in future, add " width=500" after the tag img, so it reads

Thank You,

I just sent a message to Mystery-AK.  Didn't want to mess up the board.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 07:44:45 am »
===================================

If all it takes to 'mock' your 'Christianity' is a political election, and a temporal political figure (who has never been elected to a public office), then you should question 'what rock' you are standing firmly on. 

Your authority is higher than God's to judge not only Donald Trump, but also Franklin Graham who just spoke out against the exact same thing you are doing right here.

You won't get this.

Well Graham is active in politics.  You can't be wishy washy about faith.  Say you want Christians to vote for Godly people and then only comment on the ones that aren't.  I don't expect everyone to get what I am saying but Christians should.  And I have had a deep respect for Franklin and his father.  Not in this case.

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 07:45:23 am »

He spoke about Trump because he was questioned about Trump. Maybe no one cares what he thinks about the other candidates. He did state 'we have some great individuals running for president in 2016.'

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 07:48:55 am »
Well Graham is active in politics.  You can't be wishy washy about faith.  Say you want Christians to vote for Godly people and then only comment on the ones that aren't.  I don't expect everyone to get what I am saying but Christians should.  And I have had a deep respect for Franklin and his father.  Not in this case.

===============================

You are judging Franklin Graham. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:38 am »
===============================

You are judging Franklin Graham.

Not just Franklin Graham but Evangelicals.  There are Christian men running in this election.  I hope that I can see Franklin Graham promote some of their idea's also.