Author Topic: Marco Announces Support of Top National Security Experts  (Read 2613 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Marco Announces Support of Top National Security Experts
« on: March 08, 2016, 03:20:12 am »
Today, the campaign publicly announced Marco’s National Security Advisory Council, which will provide strategic advice to Marco and the campaign regarding foreign policy, defense, intelligence, and homeland security issues.
The group will lend their considerable expertise to Marco’s efforts to make the case for American leadership in an increasingly uncertain world.....

Marco’s National Security Advisory Council

Elliott Abrams, former Deputy National Security Advisor for Global Democracy Strategy
General Keith Alexander, former Director, National Security Agency
Michael Chertoff, former Secretary of Homeland Security
Eliot Cohen, former Counselor of the Department of State
Senator Norm Coleman
Ambassador Paula Dobriansky, former Under Secretary of State for Democracy and Global Affairs
Ambassador Eric Edelman, former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
Aaron Friedberg, former Deputy National Security Advisor to the Vice President
Kim Holmes, former Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs
Ambassador Robert Joseph, former Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
Senator Jon Kyl
John Lehman, former Secretary of the Navy
Michael Mukasey, former Attorney General
Andrew Natsios, former Administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development
Dan Senor, former Senior Advisor & Chief Spokesman, Coalition in Iraq
Ambassador Kristen Silverberg, former Ambassador to the European Union
Senator Jim Talent
Dov Zakheim, former Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)

https://marcorubio.com/news/marco-rubio-national-security-foreign-policy-advisors/

Offline Mod2

Re: Marco Announces Support of Top National Security Experts
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 04:04:25 am »
Immediate tangent deleted.

Read the title of the thread again. Confine yourself to that person, or the named experts.

A-Lert

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 04:07:39 am »
Immediate tangent deleted.

Read the title of the thread again. Confine yourself to that person, or the named experts.

:amen:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 04:09:51 am »
Chertoff,Abrams,Senor, Kyl, Mukasey

Outstanding advisors.  Nobody else has named a single national security advisor.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:10:30 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 04:46:01 am »
Thread killer.

Nobody wants to talk about Rubio. Only Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 04:58:21 am »
Rubio impresses me, as well as many others, on foreign affairs He is articulate and would probably be the best candidate in the general (IMHO). Unfortunately, he's got the Sean Hannity talking him down along with a few other media figures.

Hannity had another full hour of Trump tonight. That makes three weeks in a row.

Anybody doubt he'll give Trump another hour of softball questions next Monday?  The night before Ohio and FLorida?

Hannity is a shill and should be anathema to any thinking conservative.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 03:05:49 pm »
If Rubio was serious about National Security he would been a regular attendee of the meetings held by the Committee on Foreign Relations and the Committee on Intelligence.  But he missed more meetings of these committees than any other Senator. 

Like everything about Marco Rubio, these announcements of "support" are window dressing. 

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:29 pm »
No surprise, the "Caucus for Perpetual War" of Defense Industry lobbyists is supporting a candidate promising to write blank checks off the taxpayers to them.

Our Blood+Our Treasure=their fat bank accounts.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 03:19:28 pm »
If Rubio was serious about National Security he would been a regular attendee of the meetings held by the Committee on Foreign Relations and the Committee on Intelligence.  But he missed more meetings of these committees than any other Senator. 

Like everything about Marco Rubio, these announcements of "support" are window dressing.

Check what these people do now. This is the K Street lobby list of who is who in Defense Contract lobbying
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:21:17 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 03:23:23 pm »
Here's Trump, just this morning, on his foreign policy team (Morning Joe):

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 03:25:18 pm »
So which Lobby firm do you work for Sink?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 03:28:43 pm »
So which Lobby firm do you work for Sink?

Would you cut it out.  Sinkspur has many flaws, as do most of us, but there's no call for gratuitously insulting someone as a paid shill without solid outside evidence.  Should we be calling you a paid shill for Trump because of your unwavering support for him?

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »
Always find it amusing that "Conservatives" rage about the incestuous interrelationship between Democrat Politcal Leaders, News Media figures and various Lobbying interests then rage when ever anyone points out how the GOPE has the same set of incestuous interrelationship with other lobbying groups.

The supposed Democrat/Republican poltical divide in DC is really not about anything more then whose set of lobby pigs get which sets of seats at the taxpayer money trough.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 05:54:46 pm »
Always find it amusing that "Conservatives" rage about the incestuous interrelationship between Democrat Politcal Leaders, News Media figures and various Lobbying interests then rage when ever anyone points out how the GOPE has the same set of incestuous interrelationship with other lobbying groups.

The supposed Democrat/Republican poltical divide in DC is really not about anything more then whose set of lobby pigs get which sets of seats at the taxpayer money trough.

Fair enough. Perhaps we could also discuss the incestuous relationships between Donald Trump, all manner of local govt officials, the Clintons, and etc. 

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 07:21:14 pm »

I heard this AM on the Dana Loesch Show that Rubio's top advisers think he should drop out of the race prior to the Florida primary fearing a loss there would be too damaging to his political future. The Rubio camp demnies it.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 09:52:13 pm »
And how is our National Security?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 02:29:51 am »
Rubio impresses me, as well as many others, on foreign affairs He is articulate and would probably be the best candidate in the general (IMHO). Unfortunately, he's got the Sean Hannity talking him down along with a few other media figures.

Unfortunately Rubio buddied up with Schumer and joined the Gang of Eight, voted against conservative amendments to the Iran Nuke deal and voted for John Kerry as Secretary of State....I don't find that in the least impressive at all.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 02:31:24 am »
I heard this AM on the Dana Loesch Show that Rubio's top advisers think he should drop out of the race prior to the Florida primary fearing a loss there would be too damaging to his political future. The Rubio camp demnies it.

His establishment cronies want him to stay in; the longer he stays in the closer we get to a convention.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:05 am »
Well the support of all these GOProg national security experts sure helped Rubio today.   :thud: :seeya:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 03:32:37 am »
His establishment cronies want him to stay in; the longer he stays in the closer we get to a convention.

After his "showing" today, I believe he'll drop out shortly.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 04:01:03 am »
After his "showing" today, I believe he'll drop out shortly.

=============================

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 04:20:51 am »
=============================

That does seem like the long and short, of it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 06:25:31 am »
Unfortunately Rubio buddied up with Schumer and joined the Gang of Eight, voted against conservative amendments to the Iran Nuke deal and voted for John Kerry as Secretary of State....I don't find that in the least impressive at all.

It won't matter what he does it is what he has done keeping him down.  I guess the establishment is slow.  They don't get it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
Rubio and Kasich will stay in until the Florida/Ohio primaries.

After that, they will probably drop out (unless they win them, of course).

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »
Rubio and Kasich will stay in until the Florida/Ohio primaries.

After that, they will probably drop out (unless they win them, of course).

When Rubio drops out after losing Florida his career is over.   He can take his lies and his plans for amnesty out the door with him. Losing Florida should finally send a clear message -- an "establishment" candidate is NOT wanted.  Yesterday was yet another indicator.  Rubio did so poorly that he took ZERO delegates. He is 307 delegates behind Trump and 208 delegates behind Cruz. All Rubio is doing right now is hoping this goes to convention.  IF Trump takes Florida it's over.  Polls indicate that Trump is almost leading Rubio by 20 points and after Rubio's poor performance yesterday, I think he will lose big!!  Good riddance!