Author Topic: Kasich releases partial tax returns, raising pressure on Trump  (Read 2557 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Republican presidential candidate John Kasich released partial tax returns on Saturday, leaving Donald Trump as the only GOP contender who has yet to do so.

Kasich released the first two pages of his returns from 2008 to 2014. Over that time period, he and his wife, Karen, had adjusted gross income of almost $5.1 million and paid a total of about $1.3 million in federal income taxes. They also paid a total of about $376,000 in state taxes....

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/271947-kasich-releases-partial-tax-returns

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Kasich releases partial tax returns, raising pressure on Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 01:56:13 am »
"Kasich releases partial tax returns, raising pressure on Trump"

If I was advisin' Mr. Trump, I'd suggest he come back with a retort about Kasich holding some of his return data back 'cause he's got sumthin' to hide!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 02:02:52 am »
Why is Kasich still in the race? I don't get it. What does he get out of it? What is his purpose now?

He actually looks like he has suffered a stroke when he's gets up on the debate stage and starts talking about his mailman father.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:03:52 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 02:17:03 am »
"Kasich releases partial tax returns, raising pressure on Trump"

If I was advisin' Mr. Trump, I'd suggest he come back with a retort about Kasich holding some of his return data back 'cause he's got sumthin' to hide!

Ted Cruz has only released part of his returns too - why is no one screaming about that? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 02:25:29 am »
Trump hasn't released anything.

Ever.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 02:26:14 am »
Why is Kasich still in the race? I don't get it. What does he get out of it? What is his purpose now?

CNN reported the latest poll from Michigan shows that Trump is down, and Kasich may be in second place. 

Why is he still in the race?  Because some of us aren't satisfied with a choice among two freshmen Senators and a psycho businessman.   We're a precious few, but some of us prefer a record of qualifications for what could be the most difficult and consequential job in the world.

With Nancy Reagan's passing and Michael Reagan's endorsement,  I hope folks will realize that Kasich goes way back in this noble movement that Trump wants to shatter,  and that his experience making conservative policy and advising conservative Presidents stands out like a flippin' diamond in this year's GOP soap opera.   

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:28:36 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 02:28:50 am »
Trump hasn't released anything.

Ever.

So what? He's still a private US citizen, not a politician. You should know that.

Let's make America great again!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 02:34:54 am »
What does the law require?

Is any candidate in violation of the law?

I thought so, next....

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 02:38:47 am »
CNN reported the latest poll from Michigan shows that Trump is down, and Kasich may be in second place. 

Why is he still in the race?  Because some of us aren't satisfied with a choice among two freshmen Senators and a psycho businessman.   We're a precious few, but some of us prefer a record of qualifications for what could be the most difficult and consequential job in the world.

With Nancy Reagan's passing and Michael Reagan's endorsement,  I hope folks will realize that Kasich goes way back in this noble movement that Trump wants to shatter,  and that his experience making conservative policy and advising conservative Presidents stands out like a flippin' diamond in this year's GOP soap opera.

The ad hominems flow so freely from you. Why is that?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 02:42:54 am »
The ad hominems flow so freely from you. Why is that?

Maybe he just doesn't want to be politically correct. He is just saying what many people think. Isn't that how it works now?

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 02:51:26 am »
Maybe he just doesn't want to be politically correct. He is just saying what many people think. Isn't that how it works now?

It seems to be front and center for the anti-Trumps. It's a shame they feel the need to stoop so low. It makes all of us look bad. The libs love it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 02:58:47 am »

I like that answer, AbaraXas.   :beer:

Guilty as charged,  I guess.   I'm hitting Trump hard because he's shattered all decorum.   And because he's dangerous and deeply offensive to me.  I'm for John Kasich, a good man,  perhaps too good.    This old movement guy has nothing left to lose by calling mendacity by its rightful name.   

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 02:58:50 am »
Milquetoast Milt didn't release his tax returns until after he won the nomination.  He didn't release his 2011 returns until September 2012, for Pete's sake.

More desperation from the GOProgs, who want others to follow their rules but exclude themselves from them.  Such blatant hypocrisy is quite the thing to witness from a party I used to blindly follow.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 03:03:39 am »
Milquetoast Milt didn't release his tax returns until after he won the nomination.  He didn't release his 2011 returns until September 2012, for Pete's sake.

More desperation from the GOProgs, who want others to follow their rules but exclude themselves from them.  Such blatant hypocrisy is quite the thing to witness from a party I used to blindly follow.

Answer me Carling - why shouldn't Trump release his returns as the other candidates have done?    Stop being a shill why don't you.   

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 03:11:26 am »
Answer me Carling - why shouldn't Trump release his returns as the other candidates have done?    Stop being a shill why don't you.

Because he's being audited and it would be mind-bogglingly stupid to release them until the audit is over.

I'd rather be a Trump "shill" than a Hillary shill like you are.

You GOProgs are so desperate that you're willing to do a complete 180 on releasing tax returns, and I'm loving every second of the meltdown.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 03:14:14 am »

Primarily Trump does not answer to Kasich, or Cruz or even King Rubio despite what the hysteria the media generates.
He is following the FEC laws and regulations and the others can do whatever they want.

Come to think of it, Carling does not answer to you either.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 03:33:54 am »

It obviously only works on one side.

Trump is cheered and bold and brave because he says vulgar, disgusting, insulting things, but you dasn't say anything even remotely critical about him, or you're just an old meanie.

This non-PC stuff is a one way street.  They hate it if it's used against Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 03:35:32 am »

He actually looks like he has suffered a stroke when he's gets up on the debate stage and starts talking about his mailman father.

Actually, John Kasich appeals to a lot of people who see him as both experienced and reasonable.

He's not my first choice, obviously, but relative to Trump, he's practically perfect in every way.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Carling

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 03:40:02 am »
Actually, John Kasich appeals to a lot of people who see him as both experienced and reasonable.

He's not my first choice, obviously, but relative to Trump, he's practically perfect in every way.

I really like it when Kasich says he should have run as a Democrat,

Kasich, who has appealed to voters across the ideological spectrum in an effort to attract independent voters, ran into yet another Democratic voter who told the Ohio governor that he's the only Republican he would vote for.

"I ought to be running in a Democrat primary, I got more Democrats for me -- you have any Republican friends?" Kasich jokingly replied.

or when he encourages voter fraud. 

During a stop at Manchester's Puritan Backroom Restaurant, Kasich made his way through a swarm of fans.

"Can't you just stuff the ballot for me?" Kasich joked to a woman who told him she was a ballot counter.

"I won't tell anyone -- consider it done," she replied back to him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kasich-jokes-about-democratic-primary-run-in-new-hampshire/

I can't imagine the outrage of the TDSers here had Trump said those things.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:43:54 am by Carling »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 03:55:58 am »
I really like it when Kasich says he should have run as a Democrat,

or when he encourages voter fraud. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kasich-jokes-about-democratic-primary-run-in-new-hampshire/

I can't imagine the outrage of the TDSers here had Trump said those things.

I repeat........... next to Trump, Kasich is practically perfect in every way.

(You forget that Trump doesn't have to joke about being a Democrat because he IS a Democrat).

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 03:58:56 am »
I repeat........... next to Trump, Kasich is practically perfect in every way.

(You forget that Trump doesn't have to joke about being a Democrat because he IS a Democrat).

Well he's not a Democrat literally, so I don't know why you need to lie about it.  Was he?  Yeah for some time before he wised up like Reagan wised up, too.

Kasich is a GOProg who probably should be running as a Democrat with his soft stances on the border and Muslim "refugee" immigration.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 04:10:55 am »
Well he's not a Democrat literally, so I don't know why you need to lie about it.  Was he?  Yeah for some time before he wised up like Reagan wised up, too.

Kasich is a GOProg who probably should be running as a Democrat with his soft stances on the border and Muslim "refugee" immigration.

I knew you'd call me a liar again.  You're obsessed.   **nononono*

Good bye, Carling.  Decent, respectful conversations are impossible with you. 

(Please don't post to me again.  I may be tempted to be polite and respond, and you're not worth putting on ignore, but seriously, of all the people on earth, your opinion of me is so distorted and sick, that I really don't give a rip what you say.  It's never true).

:seeya:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 04:28:54 am »

Your right. The tradition of expanding govt' and saying Jesus want's it that way is extremely noble.

"You can’t come from the rocks as you know Hugh, and not be a reformer, and I have a message – look, we have a lot of candidates who like the 'Prince of Darkness.' I consider myself the 'Prince of Light and Hope' and I don’t spend all my time getting people riled up about how bad everything is."- Jesus H Kasich 1/20/16

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 04:32:41 am »
I knew you'd call me a liar again.  You're obsessed.   **nononono*

Good bye, Carling.  Decent, respectful conversations are impossible with you. 

(Please don't post to me again.  I may be tempted to be polite and respond, and you're not worth putting on ignore, but seriously, of all the people on earth, your opinion of me is so distorted and sick, that I really don't give a rip what you say.  It's never true).

:seeya:

Trump is literally a Republican.  Whether he was a Democrat in the past is irrelevant.  You called him a Democrat. He's not a Democrat today.  This is a fact.  If that upsets you that I'd point out a fact, then that's on you.  On this board right now we have posters saying they will vote Democrat over Trump.  I'll take Trump's brand of Republicanism over any butthurt GOProg who is willing to put HRC in the White House.  Do you think Trump will vote Democrat?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:34:46 am by Carling »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 02:22:17 pm »
Carling calling someone a liar is a personal attack..please stop.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34