Author Topic: Van Jones: Much More Afraid Of Donald Trump As Republican Nominee  (Read 685 times)

HAPPY2BME

VIDEO

During Sunday's This Week roundtable on ABC, Democratic activist Van Jones said that Donald Trump's strong position against international trade deals gives him an advantage over Hillary Clinton in the Rust Belt. "He can go into a Michigan. He can go into an Ohio. He can go into a Pennsylvania and say Hillary Clinton signed NAFTA," Jones explained. "And I'll tear it up. And that changes the math."

VAN JONES: Well, listen, I am much more afraid now of Donald Trump than I ever thought I would be because of what he can do in the Rust Belt. He can go into a Michigan. He can go into an Ohio. He can go into a Pennsylvania and say Hillary Clinton signed NAFTA. I'll tear it up. And that changes the math.

He can go and talk to African American voters. People assume African Americans won't listen to Trump. But the reality is there is a wing in the African American party that's been uncomfortable with Mexican immigration and Latino immigration for a long time --

STEPHANOPOULOS: -- Matthew Dowd for a second. If it looks like Donald Trump is going to be the nominee, though, do you see more Mitt Romneys or more Chris Christies... accepting or rejecting Donald Trump on the Republican side?

MATTHEW DOWD: I think there's the establishment now is probably going to stand back and say, wow, we've made a bunch of bad bets in the course of this and maybe us getting involved with some candidate isn't helpful... I think going to the question you asked Van is -- right now the more -- the more -- the stronger general election candidate for the GOP between the two of them is Donald Trump versus Ted Cruz when you look at the general.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/03/07/van_jones_much_more_afraid_of_donald_trump_as_republican_nominee.html

HAPPY2BME

Re: Van Jones: Much More Afraid Of Donald Trump As Republican Nominee
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:15:53 pm »
Note to my progressive friends:  Its about JOBS.

The Rust Belt wants JOBS.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 06:24:31 pm »
Jones is a subversive creep steeped in the teachings of Alinsky. I don't believe a word out of his mouth on anything.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
Jones isn't known for good judgement.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 06:52:23 pm »
Note to my progressive friends:  Its about JOBS.

The Rust Belt wants JOBS.

The problem for you is that Trump IS a Progressive.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »
Jones isn't known for good judgement.

You mean like joining the Communist party??  THAT judgment??    :smokin:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:11:13 pm »
You mean like joining the Communist party??  THAT judgment??    :smokin:

That would be part of it.   10631

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »