Author Topic: Michigan governor tweets response to Democratic debate  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michigan governor tweets response to Democratic debate
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:43:13 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/272019-michigan-governor-tweets-response-to-democratic-debate

By Devin Henry - 03/07/16 09:47 AM EST

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder (R) responded to the Democratic debate in Flint, Mich. Sunday night by tweeting about his commitment to solving the water crisis hitting the city.

“In a few days, political candidates will be leaving Flint and Michigan,” he tweeted.

“They will not be staying to help solve the crisis, but I am committed to the people of Flint. I will fix this crisis and help Flint move forward.”

Governor Rick Snyder

‎@onetoughnerd

I will fix this crisis and help move Flint forward.
8:49 PM - 6 Mar 2016

Both Democratic presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, said Sunday that Snyder should resign — or be recalled by voters — over his handling of the Flint crisis, where lead levels in drinking water have spiked.

“There’s a lot of blame to go around, and one of the points that I have made is that I believe the governor of this state should understand that his dereliction of duty was irresponsible. He should resign,” Sanders said.

"I agree, the governor should resign, or be recalled,” Clinton said. “I support the efforts of citizens attempting to achieve that. But, that is not enough. We have to focus on what must be done to help the people of Flint.”

The crisis came about after the state pushed the city off the Detroit municipal drinking water supply and toward a cheaper source, the Flint River. Opponents of the governor note that members of his administration knew about the threat to the drinking water supply before the public was warned and even had internal discussions about what, if anything to do about the problem.

Snyder and others have blamed the crisis on a breakdown of government oversight at all levels — the Environmental Protection Agency also knew about the threat to the drinking water early, an issue Clinton and Sanders probed Sunday. Both Snyder and EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy will testify on the matter before the House Oversight Committee next week.

On Sunday night, Snyder said he was best positioned to help solve the problems there.

“Long-term solutions are what the people of Flint need and what I am focused on delivering for them,” he tweeted.

Governor Rick Snyder

‎@onetoughnerd

Long-term solutions are what the people of Flint need and what I am focused on delivering for them. #FlintFWD
8:49 PM - 6 Mar 2016

33 33 Retweets
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34