Author Topic: Idaho pastor shot after praying with Ted Cruz  (Read 7756 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Idaho pastor shot after praying with Ted Cruz
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
As planned???  By whom??

By the idiot who wrote the article.  Nothing indicates this was a Trump supporter outside of the writer's TDSed mind.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 09:33:13 pm »
Trump seems to be an inflammatory topic - on both sides.  I would like to know what is being said about my candidate, but I can understand if some don't.

Then do so. This is nothing but a gutter smear NOTHING in the story matches the headline. People better wake up. Winning at any costs is not worth the price you will pay in Nov.

In politics you have to live with the people you beat after the  Primary election. Seems some of you fail to remember that point. Not going to do you any good to win if you have scorched the earth behind you.

A-Lert

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 09:33:38 pm »
Oh, please!

The story was reported as posted.  If things change, then those should be reported also.  I can't believe you're busting AbaraXas' chops because you don't like the suggestion in the story!

Has nothing to do with AbaraXas. Get a grip!

The report did exactly what it was intended to do. Will we see a retraction? 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 09:36:44 pm »

Jeez, I just got finished saying how sleazy politic is and then I see this thread.

I seem to have understated just how despicable politics really is.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 09:38:13 pm »
As planned???  By whom??

The writer of the "news item". Will anyone bother to question the so-called journalist who wrote the story asking for the source for the claim the shooter was a Trump supporter? I won't hold my breath.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 09:39:28 pm »

This sort of garage posting damaged this website's reputation far more then it hurts the target. SOME measure of rationality and critical thinking must be maintained or you become no better then DU or the other waste of bandwidth websites.

Really sad that you get more rational intellectually honest discussion at the OTHER site then you do here now days. Apparently some of you have decided "winning at any cost" is an acceptable reason to jettison your intellectual credibility.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 09:41:39 pm »
Also know if it was true Fox would have been all over it by now. :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »
The writer of the "news item". Will anyone bother to question the so-called journalist who wrote the story asking for the source for the claim the shooter was a Trump supporter? I won't hold my breath.

I don't know the motive of the author.  But it's important that you not accuse the person who posted the story.

Thanks for clarifying who you meant.  It wasn't clear.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »
Then do so. This is nothing but a gutter smear NOTHING in the story matches the headline. People better wake up. Winning at any costs is not worth the price you will pay in Nov.

In politics you have to live with the people you beat after the  Primary election. Seems some of you fail to remember that point. Not going to do you any good to win if you have scorched the earth behind you.

OK, Johnnie, if you're determined to be offended then go for it.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:57 pm »

So you protested similarly when Glenn Beck was smeared as wanting to stab Trump?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 10:02:03 pm »
Just to point out, Breitbart just ran with the story and they are also hinted that it possibly could be politically motivated.

Officials did not speculate on a motive, but did hold out the possibility that the shooting was connected to the pastor’s participation in the Ted Cruz political rally. Odom is being considered “armed and dangerous.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/07/idaho-pastor-who-led-prayer-at-ted-cruz-rally-shot-six-times/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

We don't know the motive yet, but several citations are saying politics may have played a part. We'll see.

Offline Carling

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 10:03:10 pm »
Just to point out, Breitbart just ran with the story and they are also hinted that it possibly could be politically motivated.

We don't know the motive yet, but several citations are saying politics may have played a part. We'll see.

Yeah still nothing about Trump.  Dumb article.  100% click bait.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:03:31 pm by Carling »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 11:41:42 pm »
What we do know for sure  is a pastor was shot and critically wounded.  Prayers for him and his family.    

As for the motive, I have read nothing the conflicts with the original post here, that seems to be getting so much flak from Trump supporters who seem to be in denial. I hope the motive is not true, I really do.   Its not good for anyone in our party if it has become violent. But before you start attacking a fellow TBR member who was just posting a breaking story, let the facts come out.

Idaho pastor shot in the skull after praying with Ted Cruz, manhunt underway for former Marine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/07/idaho-pastor-shot-in-the-skull-after-praying-with-ted-cruz-manhunt-underway-for-former-marine/

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:45:46 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:51 pm »
Yeah still nothing about Trump.  Dumb article.  100% click bait.

Click bait that is now on FOX, CNN, CBS, NBC, Washington Post, and spreading like wild fire among the news stations.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:48:07 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »
What we do know for sure  is a pastor was shot and critically wounded.  Prayers for him and his family.    

As for the motive, I have read nothing the conflicts with the original post here, that seems to be getting so much flak from Trump supporters who seem to be in denial. I hope the motive is not true, I really do.   Its not good for anyone in our party if it has become violent. But before you start attacking a fellow TBR member who was just posting a breaking story, let the facts come out.

Idaho pastor shot in the skull after praying with Ted Cruz, manhunt underway for former Marine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/07/idaho-pastor-shot-in-the-skull-after-praying-with-ted-cruz-manhunt-underway-for-former-marine/

Former Marine? Surprised that wasn't in the headline. The media hates the military almost as much as Trump.

Offline Carling

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 11:56:05 pm »
Click bait that is now on FOX, CNN, CBS, NBC, Washington Post, and spreading like wild fire among the news stations.

I meant the headline tying the shooting to Trump, not the actual shooting.  You see nothing wrong with it because you have TDS and clearly aren't interested in the truth.  The shooting is awful.  Trying to tie it to Trump is despicable.  It's like whenever some crazy guy shoots somebody and the liberal media tries as hard as they can to find a Tea Party connection.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:02:57 am by Carling »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 12:33:07 am »
Trump supporters are upset that the shooter Kyle Andrew Odom is being described as a possible Trump supporter. OK, I get it, aledged is aledge until more facts are known of the man and the motive. But are you as upset that the NW news station I listen to everyday completely skipped the fact that the Pastor met with and prayed for Ted Cruz over the weekend? That is a very important part of the story - yet the news here in Washington purposely avoided it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 12:36:25 am »
Also know if it was true Fox would have been all over it by now. :silly:

Apparently Fox is now covering it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 12:55:38 am »
The good news is that Pastor Remington is expected to make a full recovery.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/crime/2016/03/07/police-search-idaho-church-shooting-suspect-kyle-odom/81436668/http://

Police search for Idaho church shooting suspect Kyle Odom

KREM.com 2:17 p.m. PST March 7, 2016

COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho – Coeur d’Alene Police continue to search Monday for Kyle Andrew Odom, who is accused of shooting a pastor in the parking lot of a North Idaho church on Sunday afternoon.

Police said Odom, 30, of Coeur d'Alene, fled the scene before they got there and has not been located. Odom is believed to be armed and dangerous. He was last seen leaving the parking lot in a 2004 silver Honda Accord with Idaho plates K578519. Odom is described as having blonde hair and blue eyes, about six feet tall and approximately 170 pounds.

READ: Community comes together as Idaho pastor recovers

Police were called to the Altar Church just before 2:00 p.m. Sunday on the corner of 9th and Best. Police said they found a man with multiple gunshot wounds. The victim, later identified as Tim Remington, a local pastor, was transported to Kootenai Medical Center and his condition is listed as stable as of Monday morning, officials said.

Church members tell KREM 2 News that Pastor Remington is expected to make a full recovery. He could be released from the hospital within the next two days, they said.

A vigil for Pastor Remington is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. Monday at the Candlelight Christian Fellowship. The address is 5725 North Pioneer Drive in Coeur d'Alene.

On Monday, the youth pastor at Altar Church spoke with KREM 2 News' Molly Trotter about the condition of Remington.

Also on Monday, eyewitness Tom Iverson spoke exclusively with KREM 2 about what he saw when Remington was shot.

Later Monday afternoon, the family of Kyle A. Odom released a statement via text message about Sunday's shooting.

"Our family is devastated by Sunday's events," the text continues, "We are praying for Pastor Tim, his family and his continued recovery. We are also praying for Kyles [sic] safe return and to get the help he needs. We love you Kyle! Please respect our family's privacy during this trying time."

READ: Suspect Odom earned awards as a U.S. Marine

Remington also prayed at the Ted Cruz rally on Saturday at the Kootenai County Fairgrounds.

His nephew Matthew and fellow church members said he was shot at least four times in the back while walking to his car. Remington was able to speak with EMS officials while being transported, according to witnesses.

Remington has been the head of the Altar Church for more than a decade. Multiple church members gathered around the scene to pray for not only Remington, but the shooter too.

READ: Wounded Coeur d'Alene pastor has long history of helping others

"We just want to be here for everyone in our congregation. Be here for our pastor. We are going to go to the hospital and wait for the word to make sure he is okay," said one church member.

"He opens his home to people. He takes them in and lets them live in his home. All the people society has turned their backs on, he reaches out to them."

The investigation is ongoing.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 01:08:54 pm »
And accusation with utterly no supporting evidence except an assumption by the author is now considered a "credible" story here?

Pretty sad and sorry that this is sort of garbage is considered worthy of posting. How about some REAL reporting rather then this sort of scum accusation without evidence posting?

Find it odd that the same people who would rage about "McCarthy Tactics" have no problem using the same tactics when they think it will give them a temporary poltical advantage.

Some members of Remington’s Altar Church speculated that the shooting might have stemmed from the pastor’s efforts to help drug addicts.

Little information was immediately available about the alleged shooter, Kyle Andrew Odom.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:10:48 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2016, 01:28:47 pm »
And accusation with utterly no supporting evidence except an assumption by the author is now considered a "credible" story here?

It is a credible story - except for the assumption of the man's motive. At this point we just don't know enough about the shooter and why he did it. He could have been some leftist nut-case for all we know.    The original poster could have picked another lead to this story from CNN, FOX, NBC, or some other news source that didn't assume a motive but that would not change things -that being it does appear the shooter targeted this pastor and Ted's visit is tied to it somehow.   
It is real news, and it should be covered - and we need to learn more.    It sounds like the Trumpsters just want this story to die a quick death before it does turn into something. Maybe it's you that deep down inside fear what the motive was more than us.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2016, 01:32:10 pm »

Someone at my church said that Ted Cruz is the reincarnation of Joe McCarthy. Lies? Smears? Rumors? You decide:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EoQGLOx_rLs

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2016, 01:42:20 pm »
After this article I am going to have to wonder if anything the TDS squad is posting is credible or just the latest display of their emotional hysterics over Trump.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2016, 01:45:07 pm »
Two threads on the same topic have been merged.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2016, 02:10:07 pm »

Read the article. Since when is rumor, innuendo and hearsay without a shred of even a hint of a clue of a notion of a bit of evidence considered an acceptable postings?