Author Topic: AP: Republican Leaders Starting to See Ted Cruz as Best Anti-Trump Alternative  (Read 9029 times)

A-Lert

Not true, Johnnie.  Cruz's win in Maine, for instance, was not from among "evangelicals", however you tend to define that.

It was because of Maine's geographic location relative to Canada.  :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It was because of Maine's geographic location relative to Canada.  :silly:

Oh, good.  He should win Michigan easily then.

A-Lert

Oh, good.  He should win Michigan easily then.

Well Michigan is closer to his birthplace!  :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well Michigan is closer to his birthplace!  :silly:

Lert, if you have to explain your joke, it's not funny to start with.

Offline aligncare

Are you kidding? This is hysterical. All these people supporting the guy who was born outside the United States and who's not a natural born citizen.

Hillary is laughing all the way back to the Oval Office.

Offline flowers

Are you kidding? This is hysterical. All these people supporting the guy who was born outside the United States and who's not a natural born citizen.

Hillary is laughing all the way back to the Oval Office.
I think it is a huge set up. They are backing him knowing he will be taken out. they have said often they would do anything to keep Trump out and would support hillary. heck heard it last night from a donor class spokeshole on TV.

Offline flowers

Quote from: Fishrrman link=topic=197604.msg804019#msg804019 m.

The GOPe hates Cruz, but will embrace him because they THINK they can control him...
[/quote
they might be embracing him to take him out on his birth issue. then....give it to romney? rubio? hillary most likely.

A-Lert

Lert, if you have to explain your joke, it's not funny to start with.

It was hardly an "explanation". I would bet most people in the US or Canada would have no idea to what I was referring.

Offline flowers

It was hardly an "explanation". I would bet most people in the US or Canada would have no idea to what I was referring.
Then others here knew exactly what it was about. Oh not a bit funny if you really think about it. They will take out Cruz for this. You can bet on it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Then others here knew exactly what it was about. Oh not a bit funny if you really think about it. They will take out Cruz for this. You can bet on it.

Nope. Court after court has ruled otherwise.

Offline libertybele

Exactly.  The ONLY reason that this has even been an issue is because Trump needed to stop Cruz's momentum.  Now that Trump is ahead ... you don't hear Trump focusing on the issue anymore.  I'm sure if it looks like Cruz is going to beat Trump in FL it will be brought up again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MBB1984

Cruz is the only real alternative to Trump.  He is relatively close in terms of delegates.  A brokered convention would destroy the GOP and give the democrats the Presidency, House and Senate on a silver platter.  It probably would also understandably cause Trump to run as a third party candidate.

Cruz is the only candidate at this point who could defeat Trump fair and square. 

Offline musiclady

Exactly.  The ONLY reason that this has even been an issue is because Trump needed to stop Cruz's momentum.  Now that Trump is ahead ... you don't hear Trump focusing on the issue anymore.  I'm sure if it looks like Cruz is going to beat Trump in FL it will be brought up again.

It doesn't matter if the issue is settled to Trump.  He will try to smear Cruz with any lie he can come up with if he feels threatened.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

And Ted Cruz will always tell the truth if he feels threatened.  :silly:

This is politics. Get real.

Offline libertybele

Yes and Cruz is NOT your typical politician.  His integrity mean everything to him.  You've obviously bought into the 'Trump' media smear campaign against Cruz.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

So you're excusing Trump's lies about Ted Cruz because it's just politics?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Nope.  Court after court has ruled that the people bringing the lawsuits did not have standing to sue.  They have NOT ruled that Cruz is eligible, it has not come to that yet.  By running - Cruz is challenging the Constitution and he knows it - remember?  He's the Constitutional scholar that is going to protect the Constitution? 

Flowers is right - the Establishment is well aware of this and Cruz will be taken out of the running after he's done all the damage he can do to Trump.  It might hurt a lot of Cruz supporters to have to admit it - but Cruz is working for the Establishment now.

The sad part is that it's OK to many Cruz supporters - as long as Cruz comes out the winner.  So much for Cruz's "outsider" status.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yes and Cruz is NOT your typical politician.  His integrity mean everything to him.  You've obviously bought into the 'Trump' media smear campaign against Cruz.

You polished off the entire pitcher, I dare say.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tired of arguing with irrational Trump supporters.  Not going to do it anymore!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

Tired of arguing with irrational Trump supporters.  Not going to do it anymore!

Fight amongst yourselves as you will, the picture is becoming clearer. The choice will be Trump or Hillary. No amount of personal attacks or insults of the candidates will change the choice, Hillary or Trump.

The fighting, and virtual foot stomping only paves the way for President Hillary Clinton. Think about that, let it sink in, (pun intended).
Enjoy.

Offline EdinVA

It doesn't matter if the issue is settled to Trump.  He will try to smear Cruz with any lie he can come up with if he feels threatened.

Just out of curiosity, which lies has Trump smeared Cruz with?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Fight amongst yourselves as you will, the picture is becoming clearer. The choice will be Trump or Hillary. No amount of personal attacks or insults of the candidates will change the choice, Hillary or Trump.

The fighting, and virtual foot stomping only paves the way for President Hillary Clinton. Think about that, let it sink in, (pun intended).
Enjoy.

Some things are too hard and unyielding for anything to sink in (pun also intended).

:beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Enjoy.

That is a choice between two evils.

What's a crying shame is that it is the nomination of Donald Trump that will pave the way for President Hillary Clinton.   The public's hate and distrust towards Clinton is exceeded only by its hate and distrust of Trump.   The polls bear this out - as well as that Cruz, Rubio or Kasich can each beat Clinton and place the White House in conservative hands.

But Trump scratches that itch, and that's all that matters.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

Nope.  Court after court has ruled that the people bringing the lawsuits did not have standing to sue.  They have NOT ruled that Cruz is eligible, it has not come to that yet.  By running - Cruz is challenging the Constitution and he knows it - remember?  He's the Constitutional scholar that is going to protect the Constitution? 

Flowers is right - the Establishment is well aware of this and Cruz will be taken out of the running after he's done all the damage he can do to Trump.  It might hurt a lot of Cruz supporters to have to admit it - but Cruz is working for the Establishment now.

The sad part is that it's OK to many Cruz supporters - as long as Cruz comes out the winner.  So much for Cruz's "outsider" status.

Nope.  Not necessarily.  In both IA and New Hampshire the courts ruled that he was eligible (as was Rubio) ... this past lawsuit in NY was past the deadline. Doesn't matter why they ruled ... they have ruled that he IS eligible. 

To say that Cruz is working for the establishment is laughable and an insult to my intelligence.  If Cruz receives enough delegates he will be our nominee.  The establishment may try to take him down over Hillary or Bernie ... even Cruz knows that and so do his supporters.

Offline Relic

That is a choice between two evils.

What's a crying shame is that it is the nomination of Donald Trump that will pave the way for President Hillary Clinton.   The public's hate and distrust towards Clinton is exceeded only by its hate and distrust of Trump.   The polls bear this out - as well as that Cruz, Rubio or Kasich can each beat Clinton and place the White House in conservative hands.

But Trump scratches that itch, and that's all that matters.

My dad used to say "if dog rabbit".

It's coming down to a clear and real choice. Hillary or Trump. Make your choice, just be careful what you wish for.