Author Topic: Rush: Expect 'Utter Chaos' at Convention If Trump Triumphs  (Read 2147 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Rush: Expect 'Utter Chaos' at Convention If Trump Triumphs
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2016, 10:32:31 pm »
I thought I'd speak to you in your native language, "Bill."   :silly:

delu-u-u-u-u-sional.

Offline Carling

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 10:44:26 pm »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Bill Cipher

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2016, 10:45:36 pm »
Tro-l-l-l-l-ll

Really?  From the guy who stalks sinkspur on a regular basis.  Phhht.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2016, 10:46:15 pm »
I sure wish you guys would stop.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Bill Cipher

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 10:47:30 pm »
I sure wish you guys would stop.

That would be wonderful, but that would require the professional stalker to give up.

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:55 pm »
"These people in the establishment have been telling us they're the ones to fix everything, and everything they try to fix, they've botched: TARP, the recession fix, such as the stimulus."

Rush means, of course, all those GOP politician in office.  You know, those we voted for.  Those TEA party anti-establishment types... and all those social/fiscal conservatives... and the few remaining moderate conservatives.

In other words, Rush blames all conservatives and their voters here.

Offline Carling

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2016, 10:50:58 pm »
That would be wonderful, but that would require the professional stalker to give up.

You have 412 posts here in 12 days and I'm the stalker.

Lando this board is what it is these days.  I'm just joining in the immaturity.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2016, 10:54:55 pm »
You have 412 posts here in 12 days and I'm the stalker.

Lando this board is what it is these days.  I'm just joining in the immaturity.

Making a lot of posts doesn't make one a stalker.  Obsessively hunting down a single member is stalking, even if you don't make that many posts.

And I've already contributed two full-length articles, both of which were featured on the "Above the Fold" feature.  What have you done lately?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2016, 11:02:36 pm »
 :2popcorn:
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »
:2popcorn:

Careful!  Carling may want to start following you around again.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2016, 11:55:26 pm »
That's enough. Get back on topic and stop the namecalling.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2016, 11:59:24 pm »
Paladin, I've heard Cruz speak and he does very well.  Perhaps the difference now is that he gets very little air time and what he does get is in sound bites selected by a hostile media.

Sanguine, please do not misunderstand me. Ted is undeniably the premiere intellect in this entire contest, and you are quite correct in saying he does not get the attention he deserves. But what I am referring to is an ephemeral quality generally referred to as charisma, an aspect of personality President Reagan had in abundance despite the hostility of the MSM. Ted, unfortunately, though in my opinion a most admirable policy wonk, lacks whatever that allure is, and it hurts his electoral chances.

You see the same thing in certain actresses and actors, an indefinable quality which just seems to emanate from their person even on screen. That might explain why some people make it big while others, perhaps more talented, don't. When JFK was President it was continually asserted he had tons and tons of "charisma", though being Conservative and male, I never saw it that way. 
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Carling

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 12:17:22 am »
That's enough. Get back on topic and stop the namecalling.

Just ban me.  You've let this place go to shit.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 01:28:38 am »
You've let this place go to ****.

Carling, I am not directing this at you or anyone in particular.  To be sure, I am only speaking for myself so take it for what it is worth - which may be less than nothing.  But, what the heck - I'm gonna go out on a limb.  I have spent a lifetime moderating people in one way or another, including some mod experience at this internet forum thingy.

For a mere mortal like me, there is no needle tougher to thread.  This is especially true when emotions are high (for whatever reason), and this is especially so when sabers are crossed.  Then, there are loyalties and commonalities between members and, often there are marked differences and disagreements.  And we do this in the comfort of sitting in front of a computer - anonymously. 

I will tell you, I know the mods are doing all they can to get through this period.  They are not punitive by intent, and they want to give us latitude.  Latitude to be wrong - and even sometimes, to make an ass of ourselves.  Membership is what makes a joint like this hum and each member should have a way to voice their opinion.  For every one of those members I think is full of crap, at least a like number think I am.  And, so it goes.

I am confident that mystery-ak, Repub4???, and the mods are not conniving to make things difficult or to allow this place to fall apart.  Quite the opposite, I'm sure.  You're frustrated?  That's multiplied several times over if you are a mod and by orders of magnitude if you have spent incredible hours, days and years trying to make this thing go - especially myst.

So - I try to keep perspective.  People - no tougher needle to thread.  We'll get through this, man.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 01:39:24 am »
Sanguine, please do not misunderstand me. Ted is undeniably the premiere intellect in this entire contest, and you are quite correct in saying he does not get the attention he deserves. But what I am referring to is an ephemeral quality generally referred to as charisma, an aspect of personality President Reagan had in abundance despite the hostility of the MSM. Ted, unfortunately, though in my opinion a most admirable policy wonk, lacks whatever that allure is, and it hurts his electoral chances.

You see the same thing in certain actresses and actors, an indefinable quality which just seems to emanate from their person even on screen. That might explain why some people make it big while others, perhaps more talented, don't. When JFK was President it was continually asserted he had tons and tons of "charisma", though being Conservative and male, I never saw it that way.

Paladin, interestingly enough, I only glimpsed Reagan's charisma on a few occasions, and most of those were in hindsight.  The media poisoned everything he did, and I wasn't old enough to fully recognize that.

And, JFK, that would be hindsight too, but I never got it.  Nor for Mr. Charisma himself, Bill Clinton.  He just gave me the creeps.  And the media bent over backwards to make him look good.

We'll see what happens.  We have to do what we can and hope and pray for the best.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 01:43:41 am »
Just ban me.  You've let this place go to shit.

Rather than go behind anyone's back and go straight to the @Mod, I'm just going to put this out there.  Maybe a short cooling off period is a good idea.  There gets to be this obsessive quality to some of these exchanges, and if a person just can't let it go by themselves, maybe a short, enforced break is a good idea.   If we can't control ourselves, might be what needs to happen.

OK, that's my 2 cents worth.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 01:47:36 am »
Bill Cipher wrote:
"No, I don't think this is Daily Kos.  Despite a number of fools this place is substantially better.  It's why I still prefer the GOP even though we may end up with an orange baboon for our nominee."

That did it.

I'm "cipherin' out" Mr. Cipher.

He's now on the ignore list!

Bye bye, Bill!