Author Topic: Rush: Expect 'Utter Chaos' at Convention If Trump Triumphs  (Read 2146 times)

HAPPY2BME

These people in the establishment have been telling us they're the ones to fix everything, and everything they try to fix, they've botched: TARP, the recession fix, such as the stimulus."

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh on Sunday said he isn't as concerned about a Donald Trump nomination as most Republicans seem to be.

"I think with the case of Trump, there’s a much bigger upside than downside," Limbaugh said on "Fox News Sunday."

Trump is a reaction to the Republican establishment ignoring the concerns of the people, Limbaugh said, and Trump is actually doing what the GOP says it wants to do: bring in more people to the party.

"The disconnect between the Republican Party establishment — and the Democrat establishment — and the people of this country is longer, broader, wider than I have ever seen it," Limbaugh said. "These people in the establishment have been telling us they're the ones to fix everything, and everything they try to fix, they've botched: TARP, the recession fix, such as the stimulus."

Limbaugh has said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is the closest candidate to Ronald Reagan and is the biggest conservative in the race, but he said Sunday he isn't that worried about a Trump nomination.

"You deal with what you end up getting," Limbaugh said. "You don't win everything. And, ultimately, you have to take what you get."

Limbaugh said he predicts that if the GOP does not succeed in defeating Trump in the primary process it will attempt to do so at the convention.

"I mean, Gov. [Mitt] Romney has pretty much telegraphed that," he said. "And, if that happens there's a walkout. If that happens then you've got utter chaos."

But Limbaugh expects "clear heads will prevail" and the "correct political enemy will be identified.

"I think it ends with a nominee. I actually think when we get down to this summer … I think we're going to have support for the nominee," he said, because everyone realizes it is the Democratic party "that is the most destructive force in this country. It's not one of these Republicans."

Still, he said, the party may be "reconstituted and changed, and that's not a bad thing either."

On the other candidates, Limbaugh said:

• On Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: "I don't see where he's getting traction anywhere. And, again, what's harming him, when Rubio won election he was a tea party darling, he was a tea party favorite. What happened? Gang of Eight. Whatever the reality is, the perception is that he went to Washington and threw in with the quote-unquote 'establishment.' He cannot, he cannot recover from that. … He is seen now as the candidate the Republican Party and its donors have decided to glom onto next. They tried Jeb."
• On Cruz: He had a strategy to lure the 4.5 million-plus voters who sat out 2012 while allowing everyone else to vote the same as they did before. " So he's tailoring his message for a specific conservative evangelical. I think it's limited his appeal. I think he has the ability to appeal to everybody."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rush-limbaugh-trump-upside-accept/2016/03/06/id/717705/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:30:13 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Re: Rush: Expect 'Utter Chaos' at Convention If Trump Triumphs
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »
• On Florida Sen. Marco Rubio: "I don't see where he's getting traction anywhere. And, again, what's harming him, when Rubio won election he was a tea party darling, he was a tea party favorite. What happened? Gang of Eight. Whatever the reality is, the perception is that he went to Washington and threw in with the quote-unquote 'establishment.' He cannot, he cannot recover from that. … He is seen now as the candidate the Republican Party and its donors have decided to glom onto next. They tried Jeb."

• On Cruz: He had a strategy to lure the 4.5 million-plus voters who sat out 2012 while allowing everyone else to vote the same as they did before. " So he's tailoring his message for a specific conservative evangelical. I think it's limited his appeal. I think he has the ability to appeal to everybody."

=====================================

As Rush points out, neither Cruz or Rubio can defeat Hillary Clinton.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 06:35:29 pm »
Note to progressive Republicans:  If you want to win ANYTHING, you had better join US.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 07:48:50 pm »
Note to progressive Republicans:  If you want to win ANYTHING, you had better join US.

Progressive Republicans don't want the responsibility of the presidency - they like it just the way it is.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »

Note to Trumpists:  if you want to be a laughing stock amongst children and anyone else who hasn't drunk the kool-aid, continue to support the orange baboon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:13:34 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »
Progressive Republicans don't want the responsibility of the presidency - they like it just the way it is.

The GOProgs would prefer HRC as President over Trump, and probably Cruz as well.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 08:15:33 pm »
The GOProgs would prefer HRC as President over Trump, and probably Cruz as well.

Oooh!  "GOProgs" - wow.  So creative.  Is that what you're calling the rational amongst us who don't support the orange baboon?  We'd prefer to not have HRC as president, which is why we oppose the orange baboon.

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 08:15:57 pm »
Note to Trumpists:  if you want to be a laughing stock amongst children and anyone else who hasn't drunk the kool-aid, continue to support the orange baboon.

The party is over and he doesn't even know it!  😂

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 08:19:30 pm »
Oooh!  "GOProgs" - wow.  So creative.  Is that what you're calling the rational amongst us who don't support the orange baboon?  We'd prefer to not have HRC as president, which is why we oppose the orange baboon.

You may want to tell your boy Jazzhands this news, since he's voting for HRC.

"Trumpists" is so creative!!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 08:19:49 pm »
The party is over and he doesn't even know it!  😂

You mean today is November 9th, 2016?

Oh, wait, it's still March 6th.  Not only have we not had the general election yet, we haven't even hit the nominating convention.  Whatever I may not know, I do still know what day it is, which is just a wee bit less delusional than thee.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 08:21:18 pm »
You may want to tell your boy Jazzhands this news, since he's voting for HRC.

"Trumpists" is so creative!!

Did I say that this Jazzhead of yours was determining my vote?  No, I did not.  Neither have most Americans.  Try again loser.

Offline Carling

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 08:23:46 pm »

Did I say that this Jazzhead of yours was determining my vote?  No, I did not.  Neither have most Americans.  Try again loser.
"Loser"

You stole that one from Trump!  Are you a closeted Trumpist?  😂

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 08:26:15 pm »
"Loser"

You stole that one from Trump!  Are you a closeted Trumpist?  😂

Eh?  You can't even do delusion very well.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 08:31:11 pm »
"Limbaugh has said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is the closest candidate to Ronald Reagan and is the biggest conservative in the race..."

I fully agree with Rush and would love to see a principled Conservative like Ted as Prez. What I fear, though, is that Cruz lacks the charm and likability of a Reagan and this is hampering his candidacy.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 08:32:50 pm »
"Limbaugh has said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is the closest candidate to Ronald Reagan and is the biggest conservative in the race..."

I fully agree with Rush and would love to see a principled Conservative like Ted as Prez. What I fear, though, is that Cruz lacks the charm and likability of a Reagan and this is hampering his candidacy.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that characterization of Cruz.  And Rubio is somewhat akin to Reagan's VP, Bush I.  Seems to me a Cruz/Rubio ticket might be a winnable combination.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 08:36:48 pm »
You want clever? Try this: "the orange baboon". This poster, thinking he is actually at Daily Kos, likes that appellation so much he uses it several times because he thinks it is just so funny. And it  would be to a group of 12 year olds.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2016, 08:43:13 pm »
You want clever? Try this: "the orange baboon". This poster, thinking he is actually at Daily Kos, likes that appellation so much he uses it several times because he thinks it is just so funny. And it  would be to a group of 12 year olds.

What I find amusing is that these GOProg posters literally could not be more demeaning of the very people they supposedly are trying to persuade to Dump Trump.  It's the dumbest thing I've seen because I started out anti-Trump but am fine with a Tump/Cruz ticket now almost solely based on the temper tantrum being thrown by both GOProg leadership and GOProg posters here.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:44:24 pm by Carling »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2016, 08:48:21 pm »

Actually, I do think it's funny.  I think it's even funnier (and a little sad) that you get your undies in such a twist over it.  Somebody who supports Trump does not have the right to expect only the Queen's English in political discourse.

No, I don't think this is Daily Kos.  Despite a number of fools this place is substantially better.  It's why I still prefer the GOP even though we may end up with an orange baboon for our nominee.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
What I find amusing is that these GOProg posters literally could not be more demeaning of the very people they supposedly are trying to persuade to Dump Trump.  It's the dumbest thing I've seen because I started out anti-Trump but am fine with a Tump/Cruz ticket now almost solely based on the temper tantrum being thrown by both GOProg leadership and GOProg posters here.

Interestingly enough, Carling, I feel the same way. The animus toward Trump is so venomous on here it makes him a sympathetic character. OTOH, I am not sure our opinions matter very much as they quite obviously show we are "irregular" people.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 08:50:48 pm »

Why should I have much respect for people who have chosen to be willfully blind to the fact that their hero is a dyed-in-the-wool NYC liberal?  Why should I have much respect who cannot see they're being played for fools when the evidence is not only there in abundance, but has been shown to them over and over and over and over and ....?

And I certainly don't have any respect for you because I have yet to see you post anything constructive, whatsoever, period.  The most you seem capable of is stalking Sinkspur.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 08:51:49 pm »
Interestingly enough, Carling, I feel the same way. The animus toward Trump is so venomous on here it makes him a sympathetic character. OTOH, I am not sure our opinions matter very much as they quite obviously show we are "irregular" people.

Opinions.  Everyone has one.  Facts matter, and you and every other Trump worshipper have chosen to be willfully blind to the facts about Trump.  So be it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 08:53:04 pm »

Paladin, I've heard Cruz speak and he does very well.  Perhaps the difference now is that he gets very little air time and what he does get is in sound bites selected by a hostile media.

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2016, 10:27:14 pm »
Why should I have much respect for people who have chosen to be willfully blind to the fact that their hero is a dyed-in-the-wool NYC liberal?  Why should I have much respect who cannot see they're being played for fools when the evidence is not only there in abundance, but has been shown to them over and over and over and over and ....?

And I certainly don't have any respect for you because I have yet to see you post anything constructive, whatsoever, period.  The most you seem capable of is stalking Sinkspur.

What happened to your Oceander handle?  🤔

Why would I care if some n00b named "Bill Cipher," who from Post One has attacked long-time posters here, respects me?  I certainly have zero respect for whichever banned troll you used to be.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:30:54 pm by Carling »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2016, 10:28:49 pm »
What happened to your Oceander handle?  🤔

Huh?  You're making less than zero sense.

Offline Carling

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2016, 10:31:50 pm »
Huh?  You're making less than zero sense.

I thought I'd speak to you in your native language, "Bill."   :silly: