Author Topic: A Few Thoughts Now On The Republican Establishment & The Elites Attacking Trump - Lou Dobbs  (Read 2050 times)

HAPPY2BME

Who woulda thought that Lou Dobbs was a racist, neonazi, pedophilia, con artist?

Who knew?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Who woulda thought that Lou Dobbs was a racist, neonazi, pedophilia, con artist?

Who knew?

Well, he will be NOW!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

A-Lert

Who knew?

There is one poster here who, like Hillary Clinton,  seems to know everything.

Offline aligncare

I heard Lou Dobbs excoriate Mitt Romney, and deservedly so. He showed Romney as the flip flopper he really is.

Offline sinkspur

Dobbs is as knowledgeable about politics as he is about the financial markets.

Which is, not much.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

Dobbs is as knowledgeable about politics as he is about the financial markets.

Which is, not much.

=============================

Perhaps you can go on his television show and educate him.  Ping us so we'll know when your on, ok?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sorry, but I have to call out that this narrative is not correct. It is not 'Trump versus Establishment'. That is painting a false picture that if you oppose Trump,  you are establishment or helping them.

In reality it is Populism versus Establishment versus Conservatives.

Trump has latched on to the Populism crowd first. Many Conservatives joined him for various reasons.

However, many more Conservatives (as shown in the election results) have voted against Trump (over half the votes or more were for another candidate other than Trump). 

The number of actual 'establishment' wouldn't fill a small town phone book's plumbing section.

It is an insult to the tens of thousands of actual Conservatives to say they are siding with the Establishment just because they don't support the Populism of the day.

HAPPY2BME

====================================

Replace 'populism' with 'Progressivism' and you may have something there.  It is also called 'social engineering.'

Progressivism is a broad philosophy based on the Idea of Progress, which asserts that advancement in science, technology, economic development, and social organization are vital to improve the human condition.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline sinkspur

You cannot reason people out of a position they haven't been reasoned into.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sorry, but I have to call out that this narrative is not correct. It is not 'Trump versus Establishment'. That is painting a false picture that if you oppose Trump,  you are establishment or helping them.

Trump has latched on to the Populism crowd first. Many Conservatives joined him for various reasons.

However, many more Conservatives (as shown in the election results) have voted against Trump (over half the votes or more were for another candidate other than Trump). 

The number of actual 'establishment' wouldn't fill a small town phone book's plumbing section.

It is an insult to the tens of thousands of actual Conservatives to say they are siding with the Establishment just because they don't support the Populism of the day.

That is an excellent statement.  I'm getting really tired of the "if you're not for Trump, you're supporting Hillary/GOPe" stuff.  No, I'm supporting neither.  I prefer to support someone who has actually read the Constitution, is dedicated to supporting it, and has a history of being honest and effective.  And, I am equally interested in busting up the "establishment". 

HAPPY2BME