Author Topic: Black Lesbians Charged With Hate Crime For Beating The Crap Out Of Gay Man  (Read 540 times)

rangerrebew

Black Lesbians Charged With Hate Crime For Beating The Crap Out Of Gay Man

http://downtrend.com/71superb/black-lesbians-charged-with-hate-crime-for-beating-the-crap-out-of-gay-man

Brian Anderson
March 4, 2016

Earlier this week I told you about some black-on-black racism at a Texas IHOP, but this is infinitely more confusing. A trio of black lesbians have been charged with a hate crime after they beat the stuffing out of a gay man in Boston. Yes, that’s right: a gay-on-gay hate crime, but read on because this one has a few more wrinkles to confound the senses.

The story goes like this according to CBS Boston: Lydia Sanford, Erica Stroud, and her sister Felicia Stroud were waiting for a train at the Forest Hills MBTA station in Boston late February. Some poor sucker who is apparently gay made the mistake of accidentally bumping into one of the black women. You know how it goes when you inadvertently disrespect a black woman; all hell brakes loose.

The three women began beating the man and yelling homophobic slurs at him. He fell to the ground and they kicked and stomped him into a bloody mess. He suffered a broken nose, cuts, and bruises.

The women were arrested and charged with assault and battery as well as violating the man’s civil rights. I’m assuming that second one is the hate crime charge. Prosecutors are expected to add an addition charge of assault with a dangerous weapon because the women were wearing shoes when they kicked the man. Yup, shoes are deadly weapons. Clearly we need an assault shoe ban to stop things like this from happening in the future.

The women pled not guilty to all charges and, as reported by the Wisconsin Gazette, they have a pretty good defense for the anti-gay hate crime charge: they are also gay.

Three women arrested for assaulting a gay man at a Boston subway station say they can’t be charged with a hate crime because they are lesbians.

“My guess is that no sane jury would convict them under those circumstances, but what this really demonstrates is the idiocy of the hate-crime legislation. If you beat someone up, you’re guilty of assault and battery of a human being. Period. The idea of trying to break down human beings into categories is doomed to failure,’ said civil liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate.

What do you want to bet that the civil rights lawyer would change his tune on hate crime legislation if the it were 3 straight white males accused of assaulting a gay minority?

The identity of the victim hasn’t been released so we don’t know what his race is, but I suspect he is white. One of the other defenses the 3 black lesbians are putting up is that the gay man actually attacked them while yelling racial slurs. At the very least, this indicates that the victim in all likelihood was not black.

And that brings up possibly the most insane thing about this case. If 3 black lesbians beat the shit out of a gay white guy, why is that prosecutors are charging the women with an anti-gay hate crime? It would seem like the first most obvious place to go would be a racially motivated hate crime. I guess this is part of that unwritten rule that says blacks cannot commit hate crimes against whites. What we are left with is a world where black-on-white violence is not racism, but gay-on-gay crime is pure hatred.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:31:00 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EdinVA

The world is getting weirder and weirder everyday....  :thud: