Author Topic: Michelle Obama Celebrates Women Going to War: ‘They’ll Soon Be Welcome in Every Combat Unit’  (Read 454 times)

rangerrebew

Michelle Obama Celebrates Women Going to War: ‘They’ll Soon Be Welcome in Every Combat Unit’

(CNSNews.com) - In a speech marking Women’s History Month, which was delivered at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, First Lady Michelle Obama celebrated the decision taken by her husband’s administration to put young women in all combat roles in the U.S. military.

“Thanks to brilliant, fearless women like General Vaught, today, more than 200,000 women are serving our country in just about every role and rank,” said Mrs. Obama [1]. “They’re flying fighter jets, training new recruits; they’re graduating Army Ranger School--and I met those graduates. They are awesome.  Fierce! And as you’ve already heard, they will soon be welcome in every combat unit in our armed forces.

“So there is so much progress to celebrate,” she said.

Mrs. Obama also lauded House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif), who sponsored the Women's History Month event.

“I want to start by thanking Leader Pelosi for that kind introduction and for hosting us here today,” said Mrs. Obama [1]. “This has just been a tremendous, fabulous, exciting program. But I want to thank her for her outstanding leadership every day in Congress. 

“Now, as you know, I don’t get the chance to visit Capitol Hill all that often, but when the Leader invited me, I was delighted to accept,” said the First Lady. “Like so many of you, I am a big fan of our Leader, Nancy, as I like to call her.

“Over the course of her remarkable career, she has been such an extraordinary leader and advocate on so many important issues, including supporting those who serve our country,” said Mrs. Obama. “And I’m so grateful to her for everything she’s done and everything we will continue to do together in the months and years to come. Thank you so much, Nancy.”

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/michelle-obama-celebrates-women-going-war-theyll-soon-be-welcome-every

Offline EdinVA

And as you’ve already heard, they will soon be welcome in every combat unit in our armed forces.

But it won't be her kids, you can count on that.

Offline PzLdr

Michelle, you ignorant slut. They may BE in every combat unit. But they won't be welcome.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dey may be "welcome", but dey won't be very -useful- there!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Tell that to these ladies.

I'd be extremely polite while doing so, were I you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink