Author Topic: McCain urges voters to think 'long and hard' before picking Trump  (Read 2103 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: McCain urges voters to think 'long and hard' before picking Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:00 pm »
Let me say that i have very little confidence in Trump's foreign policy prowess, mostly because he has no track record.  However, I have LESS confidence i McCain's foreign policy acumen because he DOES have a track record.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »
McCain urges voters to think 'long and hard' before picking Trump

I have, John....

Been thinking long and hard since around 2nd week of November...2008.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 03:21:09 am »
Wow.  Talk about shades of the night of the long knives.

My post had nothing to due with knives.  It has to do with Congresscritters wanting to keep their seats.

My point is simply:  When a president has a high approval rating, Congresscritters will become much more interested in the will of the people in their voting districts and will give a president's agenda much more "consideration".

Let me know if I've not been clear.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:22:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Bill Cipher

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 03:27:57 am »
My post had nothing to due with knives.  It has to do with Congresscritters wanting to keep their seats.

My point is simply:  When a president has a high approval rating, Congresscritters will become much more interested in the will of the people in their voting districts and will give a president's agenda much more "consideration".

Thanks.

Ahh.  So that would explain why the republicans were just so gosh darned interested in "considering" Obama's health care back in 2009, when Obama was rock star popular.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 03:29:48 am »

Think long and hard says John McCain.

That seals it. I'm voting for Donald Trump in a New York minute.

If Trump's around the next four years as president, at least we'll get a huge entertainment factor out of it.

Cheer up  :beer:   

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 03:34:22 am »
I don't hate McCain and I certainly appreciate and respect him for his military service.  He has made a lousy Senator.  It's time for him to retire.  I don't think McCain has much credibility, especially when it comes to presidential candidates.  It is because of his FAILED campaign that we got Hussein in the first place!

It is also because of big government conservatism, which flowered when a Republican president
had a Republican Congress, and both decided big government wasn't so terrible after all, with
Mr. McCain a considerable hand in its metastasis (and it didn't begin just with his damn fool and
unconstitutional McCain-Feingold, either), that we got His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow
Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Be Life President of the Republic Formerly Known
as the United States.

That said, John McCain urging anyone to think hard about a Donald Trump is something along the
line of Mao Tse-tung urging anyone to think hard about Nikita Khrushchev's human rights record.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:36:30 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 03:44:33 am »
'The artist formerly known as BluesDuke'

Wow! It's been a long time. Hope you've been well. I can't even remember what forums we used to post on, but I certainly remember you. Great to see you again!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 03:55:22 am »
'The artist formerly known as BluesDuke'

Wow! It's been a long time. Hope you've been well. I can't even remember what forums we used to post on, but I certainly remember you. Great to see you again!

It's good to see you, too!

Now if only we could remember . . . ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 04:07:10 am »

My point is simply: When a president has a high approval rating, Congresscritters will become much more interested in the will of the people in their voting districts and will give a president's agenda much more "consideration".

Thanks.

You've been clear.

Let me be clear.  Trump's disapproval ratings ARE THE HIGHEST IN THE HISTORY OF PRESIDENTIAL POLLING. 

Congress will laugh at Trump.  But that's a fantasy, because he won't ever see the inside of the Oval Office.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 04:12:46 am »
It's good to see you, too!

Now if only we could remember . . . ;)

Yes, the decades fly! I was 86'd from FR years ago and some of the other forums I participated in no longer exist. Others I can't recall the names though I remember posters. I was at the neurologists office today and he asked about my memory. I said it was good.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 04:17:18 am »
Let me say that i have very little confidence in Trump's foreign policy prowess, mostly because he has no track record.  However, I have LESS confidence i McCain's foreign policy acumen because he DOES have a track record.

What is McCain's track record on foreign policy, then?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2016, 04:32:47 am »
It is also because of big government conservatism, which flowered when a Republican president
had a Republican Congress, and both decided big government wasn't so terrible after all, with
Mr. McCain a considerable hand in its metastasis (and it didn't begin just with his damn fool and
unconstitutional McCain-Feingold, either), that we got His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow
Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Be Life President of the Republic Formerly Known
as the United States.

That said, John McCain urging anyone to think hard about a Donald Trump is something along the
line of Mao Tse-tung urging anyone to think hard about Nikita Khrushchev's human rights record.

==============================================

Good god.  Heresy. The long knives are after ye, kind sir.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 05:10:13 am »
==============================================

Good god.  Heresy. The long knives are after ye, kind sir.

"Sir," is it now? I'm not running for office. Why the mudslinging? ;)