Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16225 times)

Offline EdinVA

I don't care that Romney is the "cornerstone of the Republican establishment".   He speaks to me,  an ordinary citizen concerned with Trump's strongman temperament and hostile transformation of the GOP from a party concerned with individual liberty and limited government into an ethnic nationalist party like the National Front.   

#NeverTrump

Like hollywierd, Romney is abusing his fame and fortune, he is NOT and ordinary citizen.
His supposition that his voice is any more important than yours or mine is contrary to a democratic process.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mitt Romney Praises Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlD4hwzGhdY

Open Warfare:

Today would be a good a day, to begin discussing phonies and frauds here at GOP briefing room.

Who wants to go first ??
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:37:18 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tammy Bruce ‏@HeyTammyBruce 4s4 seconds ago

Romney asserts Trump's business success is not an indication of him knowing anything about business. Going along a list of failed businesses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rick Klein ‏@rickklein 4s4 seconds ago

"one of these men should be our nominee," Romney says of Rubio/Cruz/Kasich
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David M. Drucker ‏@DavidMDrucker 1m1 minute ago

"Whatever happened to Trump Airlines, & Trump university...A business genius he is not."
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is brutal...too bad we didn't see this Romney in 2012 attacking Obama
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

The GOP just declared open warfare on Trump....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
HowardKurtz ‏@HowardKurtz 2m2 minutes ago

Mitt is in kitchen-sink territory: Bullying, greed, misogyny. So why did he ask for Trump's endorsement four years ago?
0 retweets 1 like
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rick Klein ‏@rickklein 3m3 minutes ago

clearly, Romney doesn't just dislike Trump. He is appalled by him, his candidacy, and what it represents.
Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm so sorry that I ever voted for this traitorous son of a b!tch! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tmPusN1LhM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Donald Trump is going after Mitt Romney once again after the former Republican presidential nominee announced plans to speak on the “state of the 2016 presidential race” Thursday in Utah.

Trump released an attack video on his Facebook targeting Romney, showing the former Massachusetts governor flip-flopping on issues such as immigration, health care, abortion, the TARP bailouts and global warming.

(please click on source link to view video)

“Failed Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney is having a news conference tomorrow to criticize me. Just another desperate move by the man who should have easily beaten Barrack Obama,” Trump tweeted, spelling the president’s name wrong.

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Failed Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney is having a news conference tomorrow to criticize me. (1/2)
3:34 PM - 2 Mar 2016

Just another desperate move by the man who should have easily beaten Barrack Obama. (2/2)
3:34 PM - 2 Mar 2016

He later tweeted, “Looks like a two-time failed candidate Mitt Romney is going to be telling Republicans how to get elected. Not a good messenger!”

Looks like two-time failed candidate Mitt Romney is going to be telling Republicans how to get elected. Not a good messenger!
7:33 PM - 2 Mar 2016

Trump went after the former GOP candidate last month, calling Romney a “fool” after he insinuated a possible “bombshell” in Trump’s tax returns.

Romney’s speech Thursday will take place at the Hinckley Institute of Politics at the University of Utah at 11:30 a.m.

Romney announced in January 2015 that he would not be running for president for a third time after flirting with the idea.

CBS News political director and “Face the Nation” anchor John Dickerson told “CBS Evening News” Wednesday that stopping Trump from capturing the Republican nomination is “a long shot.”

“I asked someone involved in the anti-Trump effort to rank the Republican panic on a scale of one to 10, and he said 11. But harnessing that panic requires politicians and party regulars to organize themselves quickly, and there’s no leader in this effort,” Dickerson said. “It requires them to take a big risk. Normally they don’t like to be on the wrong side of public opinion. And there’s no guarantee [it will work] – attacks from establishment could very well make Trump stronger.”

However, an outside group is rushing to raise millions of dollars to stop Trump from becoming the Republican nominee.

Former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu and Meg Whitman, the chief executive officer of Hewlett Packard, are among the Republican leaders now with Our Principles. The super political action committee had limited fundraising success in earlier weeks, drawing almost all of its funding from the billionaire Ricketts family. The group has spent about $1.5 million on paid television and radio media, most of it ahead of Iowa’s primary caucuses.

“Donors feel guilty they didn’t get active earlier,” Sununu tells The Associated Press.

The plan for Republicans who want to stop Trump is to deny him enough delegates to win the nomination outright, he says.

“Frankly, at this point we want anyone but Trump,” Sununu says of who should become the nominee. “The goal is this: Let’s get to the convention in Cleveland and figure it out there.”

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., has said that Trump will not get to the magic number of 1,237 delegates for the Republican nomination.

Trump has now won 11 Republican presidential contests and is up to 326 delegates.

“We are going to be a much finer party, we’re going to be a unified party, and we are going to be a much bigger party — our party is expanding,” Trump said during a news conference Tuesday night. “I think we’re going to be more inclusive, more unified, and I think we’re going to be a much bigger party in November.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/02/trump-romney-facebook-video/

HAPPY2BME

Offline alicewonders

This is brutal...too bad we didn't see this Romney in 2012 attacking Obama

These lying stinking SOB GOPe's would NEVER fight a Democrat/Obama like they fight one of their own candidates - the front runner no less!!

John McCain, Boehner, B!tch McConnell - I could go on and on.

How any Republican can go along with this ............

HAPPY2BME

The Ultimate Mitt Romney Flip-Flop Collection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0m_xXvQlvg

Published on Oct 7, 2012

Know someone who needs to see video proof? Many of Mitt Romney's flip-flops all in one video. Video compiled with clips from interviews, news, public appearances, and more. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE FAIR USE ACT.

Republican presidential political candidate and former Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney has been known to say one thing...and then say another.

Includes his changed policy stances over the years on universal health care, the auto bailouts, the bank / Wall Street bailouts, pro-choice (abortion) or pro-life, the minimum wage, gay rights, gun rights & the NRA, immigration / amnesty, gay rights, poverty, government spending & laws, social security & Medicare, the Department of No Child Left Behind, lobbyists / lobbying, campaign donations, economic stimulus, Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac, global warming, stem cell research, raising taxes, the Federal Reserve / Ben Bernanke, and more.

Includes guest appearances by: Glen Johnson, Sean Hannity, Barack Obama, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Fred Thompson, Piers Morgan, Tim Russert, Shannon O'Brien, Larry King, Larry Kudlow, Ted Kennedy, Anderson Cooper, Al Sharpton, and others.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 04:53:38 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline aligncare

Excellent speech Mitt Romney. That should be worth about a seven point bump up for the next GOP nominee, Donald J Trump.

Offline EdinVA

These lying stinking SOB GOPe's would NEVER fight a Democrat/Obama like they fight one of their own candidates - the front runner no less!!

John McCain, Boehner, B!tch McConnell - I could go on and on.

How any Republican can go along with this ............

I agree... and if Trump changes parties I am going with him and will will be a long time before I ever vote for the R's again.

Offline aligncare

I am a consistent conservative. We don't want no stinking reality:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline aligncare

I agree... and if Trump changes parties I am going with him and will will be a long time before I ever vote for the R's again.

The speech was a blunder of epic proportions.

HAPPY2BME

I am a consistent conservative. We don't want no stinking reality:

===============================

FLIP FLOPPER Mitt Romney Happily Accepts Donald Trump's Endorsement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBijba_GDzA

Published on Mar 2, 2016

Donald Trump launched a preemptive strike on Mitt Romney‘s big speech tomorrow with a video out tonight calling him out for being not-so conservative in the first place. Trump’s rivals are calling him a faux conservative. Donald Trump, a man who once (seriously) was the GOP front runner, has endorsed the current front runner, Mitt Romney. Romney was on hand to accept the endorsement and it wasn’t…uh…entirely the most uncomfortable thing we’ve watched all week. Seriously. For the entirety of Trump’s short speech, Romney held the hand of his wife in a death grip. He looked less like a candidate receiving an important endorsement from an influential peer and more like a child desperately clinging to his mom while being forced to meet a scary looking neighbor. You can imagine what Ann Romney was saying right before the cameras rolled: “Come on, Mitt. Mr. Trump just wants to tell you how big you’ve grown!…I’m sorry, Don. He’s usually so friendly. I think he’s just tired.” I think BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith summed up the atmosphere the most succinctly:
But that’s not all. Shepard Smith, who had already made it abundantly clear how ridiculous he thought this was by comparing a Trump endorsement to one from Big Bird, continued to report on the whole situation with sarcasm so thick it probably fogged up the Fox News cameras. He celebrated the affair by banging on a bell and holding up a flashing red light marked “Breaking News,” a description made with tongue planted firmly enough in cheek that it passed through, circled his body, and hit his other cheek during its travels. Think I’m overusing the colorful imagery and hyperbole? Just watch the clip and see if I’m exaggerating.
And, to make matters worse, Smith took his time during Romney’s follow up speech to fact check Trump’s words and instantly began pointing out the errors in the magnate’s numbers. Just to reiterate in case anyone’s forgotten, this was the way people treated the endorsement from a guy who used to LEAD THE GOP POLLS.

Offline alicewonders

These life-career criminals stopped listening to the people, stopped representing the people a long time ago!

I thought most of us here - hated the GOP establishment!  Isn't that what everyone loves about Cruz?  That he stood up to them? 

Where are you people now?  This is an establishment hit job - and because it's on Trump - the frontrunner - it's OK with you?

I know that I myself, defended Cruz PLENTY when "they" attacked him and he "stood alone" - defended him!

Why is he not defending Trump against this despicable and sorry attack by the very establishment he claims to fight?

WHY ARE YOU NOT DEFENDING HIM?

You are watching the death of this party - and I say good riddance.

It's pretty clear they are trying to anger Trump enough to leave and go third party - so that their comrade Hillary! will win.  That's what they want to happen.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Excellent speech Mitt Romney. That should be worth about a seven point bump up for the next GOP nominee, Donald J Trump.
Local AM radio hack Bill Handel is totally establishment, cheering Romney, but his first two callers ripped into Romney.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

It will be the twelfth of NEVER before I ever vote (R)at again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Carling

And Trump praised Mitt:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  9 Oct 2012
Mitt’s subsequent rise in the polls post-debate shows that the American public can still spot a real winner.
817 retweets 203 likes
Reply   Retweet  817   
Like 203

Trump wasn't criticizing Milquetoast Milt prior to Romney attacking him.

Thank you for yet another worthless post, other than pointing out Trump was supporting the GOP nominee in 2012, and not Obama as I've seen some of the TDS Squad post here over the last 6 months.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:09:06 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline PzLdr

Cruz didn't "job" Ben Carson in Iowa.  And, he fired the aide.  Isn't that what should have happened?  What are you trying to say?

Modified to remove superfluous question mark.

What I'm trying to say is that there's a hell of a lot that seems to have gone on in Cruz's campaign that he doesn't seem to know about. Sleazy stuff. What's he like, Obama? Doesn't see it 'til he reads it in the paper. And say what you will about Trump [and you will], his campaign doesn't seem to have any of the Cruz 'mishaps attached to it.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee