Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16319 times)

Online NavyCanDo

There are some very large donors lining up to oppose Trump.

OK sink, now you crossed the line. I don't like to be called large.    A bit overweight I could live with.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Trump is doing exactly what Romney said he would do:

"I could have said Mitt, drop to your knees, he would have dropped to his knees."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

OK sink, now you crossed the line. I don't like to be called large.    A bit overweight I could live with.
I know! I even spent some time on the elliptical today!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

LOL!!  I might throw in some coin myself, for the first time in my life.

Offline sinkspur

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Why does Romney, a loser candidate, think he can convince anyone to not support Trump? I think it will have the opposite effect.

McCain too.

Online NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Trump says that Trump University had an A from the Better Business Bureau.

The Better Business Bureau said Trump University got a D-

Offline sinkspur

Why does Romney, a loser candidate, think he can convince anyone to not support Trump? I think it will have the opposite effect.

McCain too.

There are more of us than there are Trump supporters.  And the "us" is growing.

• Technical
There are more of us than there are Trump supporters.  And the "us" is growing.

Yeah, doesn't mean Romney will convince any of the Trumpites to switch votes. I am not a Trump fan but he needs to keep his mouth shut, IMO.

Is he positioning himself as a candidate for a brokered convention?

Offline sinkspur

Yeah, doesn't mean Romney will convince any of the Trumpites to switch votes. I am not a Trump fan but he needs to keep his mouth shut, IMO.

Is he positioning himself as a candidate for a brokered convention?

Romney was invited to speak at the University of Utah and used the occasion to trash Trump.  I can't think of a better use of his time.

And Trump, coming back at him, is lewd and nasty, just as Romney predicted he would be.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yeah, doesn't mean Romney will convince any of the Trumpites to switch votes.

Of course not - the Trumpites are under a spell.  But as sink says, the rest of us - disgusted by the prospect of this man as the nominee - are a majority, and we're growing. 

And this has nothing to do with the "establishment".   The "establishment" will likely make its peace with Trump,  because they'll conclude they can deal with him.   It's ordinary Americans who will resist and defeat the ugliness of Trumpism. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

McCain too.

I'm pretty neutral about Romney, but McCain on the other hand - he needs to stay far away from everything. 

• Technical
Latest is Trump implicated that Romney would have given him oral sex if he told him to. Check out the news.

:silly:

Very presidential.

Offline sinkspur

Latest is Trump implicated that Romney would have given him oral sex if he told him to. Check out the news.

Very presidential.

Don't you know that Trump's sexual escapades were "his own personal Vietnam" because he was dodging STDs while traipsing through the married women of the upper Eastside?

He considered himself "a brave and good soldier" for escaping syph.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:54:08 pm by sinkspur »

Offline libertybele

I'm pretty neutral about Romney, but McCain on the other hand - he needs to stay far away from everything.

I think perhaps the establishment is hoping and pushing for a brokered convention.  Just think:  Romney/McCain, Romney/Ryan, Romney/Bush...we could very well end up with someone who isn't even running!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Very presidential.
That won't play well in the DC Beltway but it plays out in voterland. Grasp the difference ??

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EdinVA

I think perhaps the establishment is hoping and pushing for a brokered convention.  Just think:  Romney/McCain, Romney/Ryan, Romney/Bush...we could very well end up with someone who isn't even running!

You may be right... Wonder what the backlash will be if the gope does that?

Offline flowers

So, now not only are Trump supporters uneducated, ignorant but ware also suckers according to the GOP.... way to run a neutral campaign...
Yep....mittens speaks. Lies all to keep the donor class. Should they win, what will they do for the voters? Clue look at only the past 71/2 years for that answer. They are even willing to let hil who is responsible for many deaths, treason, bribery to get the most powerful job on the planet. That right there should worry all who back mittens speech.

Offline Carling

You may be right... Wonder what the backlash will be if the gope does that?

It puts HRC in the White House, which is what the GOoPers want instead of Trump.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

• Technical
That won't play well in the DC Beltway but it plays out in voterland. Grasp the difference ??

I think it plays well to the ~35% of GOP primary voters who support him, sure.

• Technical
It puts HRC in the White House, which is what the GOoPers want instead of Trump.

Current RCP average vs HRC:
Rubio 47.5, Hillary 42.8
Cruz 45.3, Hillary 44.5
Hillary 45.3, Trump 42.5

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Lies all to keep the donor class.

This has nothing to do with the "donor class".  It has everything to do with the majority of Republican voters who oppose Trump as a vulgar, unmoored, unprincipled menace.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

Voterland is being debased every time Trump opens his mouth.

Offline Carling

Current RCP average vs HRC:
Rubio 47.5, Hillary 42.8
Cruz 45.3, Hillary 44.5
Hillary 45.3, Trump 42.5

I'm not sure why you posted this because it has nothing to do with what I posted about Trump being the nominee and the GOoPers preferring HRC over him.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------