Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16316 times)

Online mountaineer

He cannot be allowed to destroy the mantle of conservatism with his demagoguery.
When was the last time the GOPe permitted an actual conservative to bear the standard? It sure as heck wasn't Mitt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Let 'em.  He won't win, and the GOP won't either. 

Anything to get rid of Trump.  He cannot be allowed to destroy the mantle of conservatism with his demagoguery.

You'd prefer president Clinton over president Trump?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emmpnBDM0R8
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:38:04 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Consistency is for losers (channeling my inner trump).

You mean your inner Oceander, don't you?    :whistle: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

You'd prefer president Clinton over president Trump?
Apparently.

Online mountaineer

Romney's free lancing.  Nobody put him up to this.
I'd be surprised if he was "freelancing." But even if he is, what does he hope to accomplish?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Open Warfare:

Today would be a good a day, to begin discussing phonies and frauds here at GOP briefing room.

Who wants to go first ??

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

I'd be surprised if he was "freelancing." But even if he is, what does he hope to accomplish?

A politician do something for free?
Who rented the Room and called the press and scheduled nationwide prime time air time?
A secretary?  Right...

HAPPY2BME

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/mitt-romney-presidential-race-speech/

"Here's what I know: Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud," Romney said. "His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He's playing members of the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House, and all we get is a lousy hat."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You mean your inner Oceander, don't you?    :whistle:

If that is true, isn't that "phony" and "fraud?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

You can spout off all the gopE and democratic talking points all you want, but his support will follow him.

Yep I can't wait to get down to the election office to register independent. I've threatened it before but the GOP and Romney just forced my hand.

HAPPY2BME

Started streaming 1 hour ago

Thursday, March 3, 2016: LIVE Stream of the Donald J. Trump for President rally in Portland, ME at The Westin Portland Harborview Hotel beginning at 1:30 PM EST.

LIVE Stream: Donald Trump Rally in Portland, ME (3-3-16)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lybr4EPkZRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lybr4EPkZRE

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:58:40 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline sinkspur

Begin to galvanize the #NeverTrump movement.

And it IS a movement.  There are some very large donors lining up to oppose Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

A politician do something for free?
Who rented the Room and called the press and scheduled nationwide prime time air time?
A secretary?  Right...

Romney spoke at the University of Utah.  The cable channels covered it just like they cover a Trump beholding.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

Let 'em.  He won't win, and the GOP won't either. 

Anything to get rid of Trump.  He cannot be allowed to destroy the mantle of conservatism with his demagoguery.

Offline Millee

Yep I can't wait to get down to the election office to register independent. I've threatened it before but the GOP and Romney just forced my hand.

I just posted that very same thing on FB.  I'm not even a Trump supporter, but Mitten's speech just left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Online mountaineer

I just posted that very same thing on FB.  I'm not even a Trump supporter, but Mitten's speech just left a bad taste in my mouth.
I am not at all a Trump supporter, but I have no use for Mitten's comments. Just go away, already, Mitt!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You can spout off all the gopE and democratic talking points all you want, but his support will follow him.

That would please me no end.  I prefer the GOP to be a party for conservatives.   Let Trump peddle his ethnic nationalism crapola in an independent run.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I am not at all a Trump supporter, but I have no use for Mitten's comments. Just go away, already, Mitt!

Same here.

Offline EdinVA

It will be interesting to see which side of the fench Cruz falls on, gope or not.....
He will have to take a side..

Offline NavyCanDo

Borrowing a line from Blazing Saddles, “There's no avoiding this conclusion, Our town is turning into sh%#@

There's no avoiding this conclusion, This thread is turning into TOS
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That would please me no end.  I prefer the GOP to be a party for conservatives.   Let Trump peddle his ethnic nationalism crapola in an independent run.

Limbaugh said some interesting things today:

...During the eighties, I was working for many of those years for a baseball team and then got back into radio in 1984.  But I only knew the surface.  I did not know that the underpinnings inside the Republican Party had a deep resentment of Reagan.  I was in Kansas City in '76 during the convention and I saw it there. But that was, I thought, just the result of competition between Ford, the incumbent, and the outsider, Ronaldus Magnus.  It wasn't 'til later that I really learned that there is an active dislike for conservatives in the Republican Party, and it has existed for a long time.

And it's traceable to 1964 and Goldwater.

You know, for the longest time I asked myself. Before I became aware of it, I asked myself, "What is this? It doesn't make any sense.  The last time the Republican Party enjoyed real power for eight straight years was during Ronald Reagan, and what was Reagan?  Reagan was conservatism.  Reagan was the embodiment of it.  Reagan had 49-state landslide wins.  Reagan had massive approval numbers.  Reagan's policy worked every place it was implemented.  The American people loved Reagan!  There were Reagan Democrats.

"The Republican Party was loved!" It didn't make sense to me that the Republican Party would not want more of that.  But the first chance they had to get rid of any Reagan residue, they took it.  And I later learned... There are many reasons why, by the way. Not the least of which is ideological disagreements with moderate, RINO Republicans. They don't like conservatism, for many reasons, social issues being probably top of the list. But there are many other reasons.  They're embarrassed of conservative-type people.

They have a stereotypical image of them. They think they're Deliverance kind of people. They don't want to hang with them.  It's a class thing, folks, as I was discussing with you recently.  So whenever a conservative comes along in presidential politics on the Republican side, or whenever conservatism presents itself as something that might actually gain power within the Republican Party, they panic, and they start talking about '64, not the eighties.  They don't reflect back on the wondrous years of the Reagan years.

They go back and think of the Goldwater landslide loss.  That's what conservatism means to them.  It was such a profound thing that Goldwater landslide loss, that that's what conservatism means to them.  Conservatism means losing 49 states, not winning 49 states.  It's the most amazing thing.  And here's what they miss.  Yes, Goldwater lost. But any Republican was gonna lose because that was coming off the JFK assassination just a year earlier, a year prior to the election.  There was no way any Republican was gonna win that. ...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/03/03/mitt_tries_to_talk_america_out_of_trump

Offline Carling

About flippin' time.  Let Trump run third party if he wants to continue running his con.

Trump is the GOP front runner and has been put there by voters.  Why should Trump go third party?  It's you GOoPers who are threatening to either vote Dem or go third party.

Why don't you run along and vote for HRC as you've said you'll do.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

There are some very large donors lining up to oppose Trump.

You just don't get it, do you.

Offline Carling

I'm in a closed primary state (Oregon), so I'm waiting until after the primary and most likely the convention to decide if I'm changing my registration to Indy.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Trump is the GOP front runner and has been put there by voters.  Why should Trump go third party?  It's you GOoPers who are threatening to either vote Dem or go third party.

Why don't you run along and vote for HRC as you've said you'll do.

The closest parallel I can think of is 1980 John Anderson.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln