Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16220 times)

Offline EdinVA

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/03/open-warfare-romney-calls-trump-phony-fraud-trump-calls-romney-failed-candidate.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Mitt Romney plans to launch a broadside against Donald Trump’s surging campaign on Thursday, calling the man who wishes to succeed him as the GOP’s presidential nominee a “phony” and a “fraud” who is playing Americans for “suckers.” 

The 2016 front-runner already is firing back, calling Romney a "failed candidate" who begged him for his endorsement when he ran four years ago.
Romney plans to deliver his speech at 11:30 a.m. ET at the University of Utah. In prepared remarks, the party’s 2012 presidential nominee issued a stark warning that Trump’s policies would lead to recession and “make America and the world less safe.”

He says the “only serious policy proposals” for the country are coming from the other Republican candidates on the field.
“I understand the anger Americans feel today,” Romney plans to say, but adds: “Here's what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He's playing the American public for suckers: He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.

Mittens speaks.....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:37:52 pm by EdinVA »

Offline EdinVA

So, now not only are Trump supporters uneducated, ignorant but ware also suckers according to the GOP.... way to run a neutral campaign...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So, now not only are Trump supporters uneducated, ignorant but ware also suckers according to the GOP.... way to run a neutral campaign...

Trump's a brilliant con man, so don't feel bad.  But, yeah, Trump supporters have been suckered.  And I understand that a mark will always bitterly denounce those who point out the con.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Unfortunately, this just makes Romney look small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlD4hwzGhdY&feature=youtu.be

Romney had no problem groveling for support when the shoe was on the other foot, and Trump did in fact support him.  Now all of a sudden Romney realizes Trump is unworthy.  Please.

The GOPe is cracking up.  I oppose Trump, but all of this alarmism is just solidifying his support and creating sympathy for the guy.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:58:44 pm by massadvj »

Offline aligncare

I voted for the face of failure in 2012, who wore mittens to a debate with Obama. Now, in 2016, he found an old pair of boxing gloves to attack the GOP front runner.

Whose side is this guy on? The people's? Or the political machine's?

Offline NavyCanDo

Many of us here have been calling him a phony and a fraud who is playing Americans for sucker, for a long time. This formal declaration by a well known prominent person in the Republican Party will go a long way into spreading that message in the news cycles following the debate and into the weekend.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

Offline EdinVA

Many of us here have been calling him a phony and a fraud who is playing Americans for sucker, for a long time. This formal declaration by a well known prominent person in the Republican Party will go a long way into spreading that message in the news cycles following the debate and into the weekend.     

Romney is nothing more than a well known draft dodging panderer.... he needs to go back under his rock.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

NCD!  Have tremendous and unwavering respect for you.

That said...when I read you post and then looked at your avatar...well...you know!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I voted for the face of failure in 2012, who wore mittens to a debate with Obama. Now, in 2016, he found an old pair of boxing gloves to attack the GOP front runner.

Oh, let's not understate it, AC.  You not only voted for him, you were every bit as enthusiastic for Romney as you are now for Trump. 

Offline sinkspur

Trump was on Morning Joe this morning.  Mika asked him to name three people in the foreign policy area he admired and would seek the counsel of.

He stumbled around and said "Well, there are a lot of people I want to talk to, like Richard Haas who's been on your show,  like Walid....there are lots of people."

Trump hasn't even thought about any advisers.  He couldn't even come up with the last name of Walid Pheres, who's a Middle Eastern expert.  He brought up Haas because he's seen him on Morning Joe.

Trump is so shallow and he revealed it this morning. Hell, he reveals it every time he opens his mouth.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Romney is nothing more than a well known draft dodging panderer.... he needs to go back under his rock.

Careful.  Trump got three deferments for bone spurs which miraculously disappeared after the Vietnam war ended.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What's wrong with calling a fraud and phony a fraud and phony?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

...hmm let's see ... so far Jeb had his Mom and his brother on the campaign trail and he lost.  Rubio is struggling and they've thrown all kinds of money behind him.  Endorsements have been made by Hatch, Flake and Dole, etc., and now Romney.  Yep, the establishment just doesn't get it.  It doesn't matter which person from the Washington establishment they get to try to rally support ... the voters do NOT want an establishment candidate.  Marco can put on sheep's clothing and proclaim that he's a conservative all day long and call Trump a fraud ... it's just not going to work.  The establishment is toast.  Romney ran a very poor campaign against Barry and lost!!  It would be one thing for Romney to give his opinion during and interview, but he decided not to run this time around and to go on national TV to make a statement against the GOP front runner is ridiculous and only proves how desperate and corrupt the Washington cartel is.  I am by no means a Trump supporter but the establishment is rearing their ugly heads and this is just plain wrong!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MBB1984

Romney calling Trump or anyone else a phony is the equivalent of Miley Cyrus calling another woman a "slut"

Offline aligncare

Oh, let's not understate it, AC.  You not only voted for him, you were every bit as enthusiastic for Romney as you are now for Trump.

Absolutely, I'm not hiding it. I did as the GOP told me to do: support the Republican nominee. Something that a few posters around here said they won't do if the nominee is Donald Trump.

Offline libertybele

I believe Trump to be a phony and a FRAUD, in fact I have no doubt. On the other hand, so is Rubio and for that matter so are members of the establishment.  IF they truly wanted what was in the best interest of this country and to stop Trump, they would ask their 'golden boy' Rubio to step down and get behind Cruz! 

Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America!   :patriot: :patriot:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:25:00 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

Whose side is this guy on? The people's? Or the political machine's?

The country's side.  As opposed to Trump who is only out for himself.  Don't forget, to him his supporters are all little people and like Leona Helmsley, he steps all over little people.

Offline sinkspur

All this "establishment" stuff is just so much tripe, it's ridiculous.   So is "donor class", "elites," "GOPe", and all the other throwaway words the Trump and Cruz supporters regurgitate like cows with their cud.

They're code words for the perpetually pissed-off.  The rest of us are just annoyed by them, much like the Trumpkins are annoyed when the Donald forces out another "disavowal" of David Duke.

Bill Cipher

Absolutely, I'm not hiding it. I did as the GOP told me to do: support the Republican nominee. Something that a few posters around here said they won't do if the nominee is Donald Trump.

Since he isn't the nominee by a long shot, victory laps and excoriation of dissenters is a little premature. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump doesn't really have room to accuse someone else of being a failed Presidential candidate.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:29:33 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline aligncare

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline aligncare

It's only political. Go ahead.

Bill Cipher

LOL. Should I point out the irony?

Probably because I doubt those who need to get it will actually get it without it being spelled out to them.  See nearby case in point.