Author Topic: State Dept: Review of Hillary Clinton’s emails may wait until after election  (Read 1277 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/1/review-clinton-emails-may-come-after-election/print/

State Dept: Review of Hillary Clinton’s emails may wait until after election
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The State Department may wait until after the November election to finish its review of classified information former Secretary Hillary Clinton sent on her secret email account, a spokesman said Tuesday, vowing they will not be held to the political calendar.

"We're not going to rush judgment of any of these things," spokesman John Kirby told reporters.

Mrs. Clinton, who rejected use of an account tied to the official state.gov secure email system and instead relied on an account tied to a server she kept at her New York home, returned more than 30,000 messages to the department in December 2014, or nearly two years after she left office.

The department has pored over those emails and as of Monday had released almost all of them, with more than 2,000 having portions redacted because they contain information now deemed "confidential" or "secret." Another 22 messages deemed "top secret" have been withheld entirely.

None of the information was marked classified at the time, and Mrs. Clinton says she didn't handle any improper information on her account. But her successor, Secretary of State John Kerry, asked for a review to determine how now-classified information ended up in her messages.

Mr. Kirby said they will not rush that review, even though the outcome could affect voters' decisions.

"I'm not going to commit to a specific timeline. The secretary wants this review done thoroughly and accurately and efficiently, and he's not going to allow himself or the process or the department to be driven by the political calendar on this," the spokesman said.

That stands in contrast with the federal judge who ordered the more than 30,000 messages released to the public. Judge Rudolph Contreras said there was intense voter interest in the messages, and that's one of the reasons he ordered them all to be released by the last day in February. That was a day before the Super Tuesday slate of primaries, which marked the biggest single day on the nomination calendar.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Circle the wagons time.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm hoping the timeline isn't entirely dependent upon the State Department.

Any good candidate should be able to exploit this issue with or without the SD.

Online andy58-in-nh

I'm hoping the timeline isn't entirely dependent upon the State Department.

Any good candidate should be able to exploit this issue with or without the SD.

The FBI's decision is what matters, and after that, the Justice Department's discretion. I'm more confident of the first than the second.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

Somebody is calculating the odds on the general election and has concluded that Clinton will win.  If she does, the investigation is dead in the water.  If she has to, Clinton will pardon herself, but the investigation will be dead.