Author Topic: Super Tuesday Could Doom The GOP As Poll Shows Both Clinton And Sanders Smoking Trump  (Read 776 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/01/super-tuesday-doom-gop-poll-shows-clinton-sanders-smoking-trump.html

A new CNN/ORC Poll has shows how big of a hole Republicans could be digging for themselves as both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders would easily beat Donald Trump.

According to CNN:

In the scenario that appears most likely to emerge from the primary contests, Clinton tops Trump 52% to 44% among registered voters. That result has tilted in Clinton’s favor since the last CNN/ORC Poll on the match-up in January.

….

Sanders — who enjoys the most positive favorable rating of any presidential candidate in the field, according to the poll — tops all three Republicans by wide margins: 57% to 40% against Cruz, 55% to 43% against Trump, and 53% to 45% against Rubio. Sanders fares better than Clinton in each match-up among men, younger voters and independents.

….

The two front-runners, Clinton and Trump, are seen unfavorably by majorities of voters. Almost 6-in-10 have a negative view of Trump, 59% with 38% favorable, and 53% have a negative view of Clinton, 44% see her positively.

Donald Trump’s negatives are almost at 60%, and the country is still months away from the general election. Clinton’s approval ratings will likely increase if she wins the Democratic nomination because Democrats will come home and rally around her. Sanders had the highest favorability rating of any candidate (60%) which is attributable to the overwhelmingly positive campaign that he has run, and the fact that he has not had to endure the barrage of attack ads and the Republican congressional witch hunts that Clinton has been dealing with two years.

Super Tuesday could be a huge nail in the coffin of the Republican Party’s 2016 hopes. Trump is doing so much damage to GOP chances that it might not matter who wins the Democratic nomination. The Democratic candidate could be an overwhelming favorite. It is possible that Donald Trump’s negatives will go even higher due to the increased scrutiny that would come with winning the Republican nomination.

If Republican primary voters send Donald Trump romping through Super Tuesday, it will be a historic set of victories because it may signify the beginning of the march towards four more years in the White House for Democrats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Relic

Complete opinion, supported by nothing but random observation:

I think Trump will get the nomination, but I don't think Trump can win, unless a reverse Bradley effect goes into play.

Offline aligncare

888ohnoes

There's been no general election campaign.

It's ludicrous to postulate Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders can beat any Republican.

Besides, there's been no general election campaign yet. That's where "compare and contrast" comes in to play for the average general election voter.

Hillary is toast and Bernie Sanders is marmalade once Donald Trump gears up against either of them.

Relax. Desperation is making everyone's ass look big.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As Popeye might have said:  "I'll take me chances!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Complete opinion, supported by nothing but random observation:

I think Trump will get the nomination, but I don't think Trump can win, unless a reverse Bradley effect goes into play.

Reverse Bradley?  What is that?  Voters too ashamed to admit they'd vote for Trump but will anyway?

If anything, Trump will lose more and more conservatives who will simply sit out the election. 

Trump loves polls.  Let's see him chew on this one.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

888ohnoes

There's been no general election campaign.

It's ludicrous to postulate Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders can beat any Republican.

Besides, there's been no general election campaign yet. That's where "compare and contrast" comes in to play for the average general election voter.

Hillary is toast and Bernie Sanders is marmalade once Donald Trump gears up against either of them.

Relax. Desperation is making everyone's ass look big.

From where I sit, it appears to me that we will either end up with: A President Trump, who will uniformly anger almost everyone and be saddled with a hostile GOP Congress, or a President Clinton, who will do all manner of evil in order to glorify and enrich President Clinton. President Clinton would have a tough talking, compliant, capitulating GOP Congress.

What this means to me is I'm probably hosed either way. I prefer the President Trump who is shackled and making all the career politicians angry.

And if Trump's nomination manages to destroy the GOP, that's just a freakin' bonus.

Offline Relic

Reverse Bradley?  What is that?  Voters too ashamed to admit they'd vote for Trump but will anyway?

If anything, Trump will lose more and more conservatives who will simply sit out the election. 

Trump loves polls.  Let's see him chew on this one.

Yep, that's what I mean.

Sit home, cast a vote for Hillary, write in Marco Rubio, whatever makes you feel good.

You're getting Trump or Hillary, that's how it's going to be.

Offline aligncare

It's true, Relic: