Author Topic: Corey Lewandowski: Establishment Trying to Stop Trump Because if He Becomes President ‘Days of Backroom Deals Are Over’  (Read 1197 times)

HAPPY2BME

AUDIO

Donald Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told Breitbart News Daily that the GOP establishment is desperate to stop Trump’s candidacy “because they know that if Donald Trump becomes the nominee and ultimately the president of the United States, the days of backroom deals are over.”

SiriusXM host and Breitbart Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon asked Lewandowski:

"One of the disturbing things we’ve seen over the last 72 hours is something quite different, and something I don’t believe we’ve seen in American history, and that is: now you have the establishment of the Republican Party — the financiers, the consultant apparatus, the commentariat, whether it’s Fox News or these other conservative journals — they’re basically saying, “Hey, we don’t care if Donald Trump runs the tables on Super Tuesday, and we don’t care if he blows Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) out on March 15, we’re going to come up – there’s all kinds of presentations being made, there’s all kinds of money being raised – we’re prepared to take this and make it Stalingrad. We’re prepared to go on March 16 all the way to the convention, fight him every step of the way; and by-the-way, if somehow he’s out and we lose to Hillary Clinton because we don’t have enough time to form a campaign, so be it.” What do you have to say to that? What does Donald Trump’s campaign have to say to the fact that you’re just not running against other candidates, you’re running against a whole other entity that’s already had a throw-down and said, “Under no circumstances will we let you win this nomination, and we don’t care if we lose to the Democrats?”"

Lewandowski responded:

"This is the fundamental problem with the ruling class in Washington, DC – the party bosses, the K Street crowd, the lobbyists who control all these politicians. They will do anything to maintain their power. They will do anything. They will say anything. They will spend whatever it takes because they know that if Donald Trump becomes the nominee and ultimately the president of the United States, the days of backroom deals are over. He will only be responsible to the American people. And so what you have is a series of people who’ve made a very, very good living by controlling politicians through their donations and making sure they get the legislation done – or not done – in Washington, DC to best benefit their clients. And those days are coming to an end."

Lewandowski said that “the Party bosses” in “the Washington, DC establishment” are confounded “because the American people are speaking,” and “it’s no longer the days where … smoke-filled rooms are going to dictate who’s going to be the nominee.”

He added: “These guys think they can spend all the money they want to control the nomination process. The bottom line is the people have a say, and they’re turning out in record numbers” for Trump, who is “the only person in this race that is bringing new people into the party, who is bringing more people to show up and vote on election day.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/02/29/trump-campaign-manager-corey-lewandowski-gop-establishment-afraid-because-they-know-if-trump-becomes-president-the-days-of-backroom-deals-are-over/

HAPPY2BME

Eric Trump Dismisses Last-Minute Establishment Attacks: ‘The Most Dangerous People Are The Ones Who Are Drowning’

AUDIO

Eric Trump tells Breitbart News executive chairman Stephen K. Bannon the GOP establishment is “drowning” and desperate to stop his father, GOP frontrunner Donald Trump, by any means necessary.

“The tack they’re trying to take now is your father’s a racist, your father won’t repudiate the KKK — you’ve sat across the desk from him… as a business partner,” Bannon said. “Does your father have a racist bone in his body?”

“Not at all. And honestly, I don’t know how many times he has to disavow — people can come out, anyone can come out and say, hey, I endorsed somebody. It’s absolutely insane,” Trump said.

“The most dangerous people are the ones who are drowning. The reality is, neither of these guys has much hope,” he added, referring to Sens. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).

"He’s leading in the polls going into Super Tuesday and they’re willing to say anything. That’s really the disgusting part about politics. I realized before getting into this race with him… I realized politics is a dirty business. Some of the things they’re saying are absolutely horrible. I mean, they are low. It’s no different than what Cruz did with Carson. “Carson’s dropped out of the race! Vote for me!” Three minutes before the Iowa polls."

“Some of the things done in U.S. politics are truly horrendous. Truly disgusting,” Trump continued. “I think my father handled it nobly. I think people see through it, and again, I’m proud of him. He’s an amazing man, Steve. He’s an amazing man. He’s been unbelievably amazing father to me. I could not have ever wished for or asked for a better father… I would jump off a bridge for him. He is just that great of a person.”

Twelve states vote in what many call the first national primary on Super Tuesday.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/29/eric-trump-dismisses-last-minute-establishment-attacks-the-most-dangerous-people-are-the-ones-who-are-drowning/
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:43:21 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
LOL. It is amazing the fantasy that is built up around Trump. He built his career on these backroom deals and is unapologetic about it. He say it is 'just business'. Nothing in his history of action shows he is opposed to them, just the opposite.

Offline Frank Cannon

Funny. This is the exact opposite of what Donny says he will do which is cut backroom deals....

"Ive always had a great relationship with Harry Reid and frankly if I weren't running for office I'd be able to deal with [Nancy Pelosi], I'd be able to deal with Reid, I'd be able to deal with anybody," Donald Trump said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-says-he-could-cut-deals-with-pelosi/article/2581450

Then again he said this a month ago which is like 60 or 70 years ago in Trumpspeak.

Offline sinkspur

They will spend whatever it takes because they know that if Donald Trump becomes the nominee and ultimately the president of the United States, the days of backroom deals are over."

Trump throws a lot of bloviations around, and  nobody asks him "how."  How, exactly, will Trump eliminate money being spent by "special interests"?  He can't do a damned thing about the way Congress conducts its business, and Congress listens to constituent concerns via "special interests."  Pro-life causes are special interests, as are flat tax advocates, spending cut advocates, fossil fuel companies. 

Trump can't do anything to affect Congress.  He can eliminate anybody donating to his causes or influencing him, but he cannot touch Congressional practices. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

No, Sorry. Trump's position is he despises the rotten crony backscratcher system nurtured by our politicians. He despises having to make a donation to a democrat politician in New York in order to construct a building. His message has been from the beginning, he will deconstruct that system. No businessman wants to grease palms to do business in America. And no citizen should have to bear the tax burden of waste, fraud and abuse in government infrastructure projects. That stops immediately when Donald Trump is president.

Donald Trump quipped that he could shoot someone on the street and his supporters wouldn't leave him. For those of us who understood, he was saying this is not about him, it's bigger than Donald Trump. Its a cause. It's about the corrupt, inept political system.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump can't do anything to affect Congress.  He can eliminate anybody donating to his causes or influencing him, but he cannot touch Congressional practices. 

Maybe.  But you forget who will have President Trump's back.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Congress listens to constituent concerns via "special interests."

Well, I think you might just have put your finger on the reason for Congress's approval ratings right there.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

They don't understand, yet.

The government is builting a $2+ billion VA hospital in Colorado. Huge overruns have plagued the construction and continues jacking the price up beyond the normal government waste, fraud and abuse.

Trump looked at the project. Five hospitals! Five could have been built for the money. Tax payers are being ripped off in flagrant cronyism throughout Federal and state projects.

That's one of the greatest aspects of having a private builder become president; waste in infrastructure projects will end under President Trump.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
LOL. It is amazing the fantasy that is built up around Trump. He built his career on these backroom deals and is unapologetic about it. He say it is 'just business'. Nothing in his history of action shows he is opposed to them, just the opposite.
May I put forth a distinction:

--In private enterprise deals are the way things get done. Legal deals. Win-win deals between people mostly using their own money. Builders, sellers, financiers, etc.

--In Big Gov deals are really quite different. Politicians routinely speak out of both sides of their mouths. They play with OPM other people's money. And often they go against the will of the people that put them in positions to do the deals.

I would love to see a study showing the net worth of politicians at the start of their careers, their salaries and benefits, and then their net worth when they leave office.

The Clintons are a good example. But already in Cruz' young career, he and his wife have enjoyed about $ 1 million per year. That is a lifestyle many would gladly take.

Well it is right there for the taking, if one charts a career in government.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

Why, oh why don't people realize that nothing he's done in the past jives with what he says he's going to do?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

LOL!! He cannot change the way Congress does business.  It is really NONE of his business.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

But already in Cruz' young career, he and his wife have enjoyed about $ 1 million per year. That is a lifestyle many would gladly take.

Well it is right there for the taking, if one charts a career in government.

The Cruz money came from the private sector because his wife has a good job. Private sector is the same place Donny got his money....or some of it...

After 9/11, Trump Took Money Marked for Small Businesses

http://www.weeklystandard.com/after-911-trump-took-money-marked-for-small-businesses/article/2001099

Bill Cipher

Somebody seems to have missed the memo:  large real estate projects, specially in New York City, are all about backroom deals.  Without the backroom there wouldn't be a project.  Trump is the ultimate insider and everything he does he does in the backroom.

Offline R4 TrumPence

No, Sorry. Trump's position is he despises the rotten crony backscratcher system nurtured by our politicians. He despises having to make a donation to a democrat politician in New York in order to construct a building. His message has been from the beginning, he will deconstruct that system. No businessman wants to grease palms to do business in America. And no citizen should have to bear the tax burden of waste, fraud and abuse in government infrastructure projects. That stops immediately when Donald Trump is president.

Donald Trump quipped that he could shoot someone on the street and his supporters wouldn't leave him. For those of us who understood, he was saying this is not about him, it's bigger than Donald Trump. Its a cause. It's about the corrupt, inept political system.

ah ha!
This must be the mafia of which some speak   LOL :tongue2:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline R4 TrumPence

Somebody seems to have missed the memo:  large real estate projects, specially in New York City, are all about backroom deals.  Without the backroom there wouldn't be a project.  Trump is the ultimate insider and everything he does he does in the backroom.

I GOT YOU NOW!!!! DAMN!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

Well I sure hope they have bathrooms in New York real estate projects...I mean, yeah, there wouldn't be projects without bathrooms.  And I didn't know that Trump did all his work in the bathroom, you learn something every day.  I wonder if Melania tells him he's spending too much time in there?

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline R4 TrumPence

Well I sure hope they have bathrooms in New York real estate projects...I mean, yeah, there wouldn't be projects without bathrooms.  And I didn't know that Trump did all his work in the bathroom, you learn something every day.  I wonder if Melania tells him he's spending too much time in there?

:laughingdog: :laughingdog: :bigsilly:

Bill Cipher

Please don't blame me for your ignorance.