Author Topic: Trump Complains Iran’s Buying Missiles from Russia — Not U.S.  (Read 1613 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
...Iran just ordered 118 Airbus planes, nothing in the United States. They just ordered a lot of equipment from Italy and all over Europe. They just ordered missiles. I didn't know they could buy missiles with their $150 billion. They just ordered missiles from Russia, nothing from the United States. ...

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=49693

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Complains Iran’s Buying Missiles from Russia — Not U.S.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 05:25:21 pm »
Trump wants to sell Iran missles?

What fool.  He doesn't even realize what he's saying.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 05:43:27 pm »
What should be slightly more concerning - to everyone, not just those who want to defend or bash Trump over this - is that Iran is using it's comparative freedom from existing trade deals to buy the best gear. Not the best it's normal trading partners have available.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:52:42 pm »
What should be slightly more concerning - to everyone, not just those who want to defend or bash Trump over this - is that Iran is using it's comparative freedom from existing trade deals to buy the best gear. Not the best it's normal trading partners have available.

What should be very concerning is Trump sees EVERYTHING as a damn business deal, including this!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 05:53:07 pm »
Trump said nothing about selling missiles to Russia.  He is saying that Iran is buying missiles from Russia with the $150 billion, and that they aren't buying anything from the US.  Cars, computers, potato chips, Boeing planes, brains, etc. etc.

Another disingenuous attack post.  It's hard to take you seriously when so many of these smears are blatant lies.

Readers are leaders.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:57:03 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »
Trump said nothing about selling missiles to Russia.  He is saying that Iran is buying missiles from Russia with the $150 billion, and that they aren't buying anything from the US.  Cars, computers, potato chips, Boeing planes, brains, etc. etc.

Another disingenuous attack post.  It's hard to take you seriously when so many of these smears are blatant lies.

Readers are leaders.

Even if your 'what he meant was' explanation was true (which the video at the link really doesn't support what you say but I'll run with it), that shows that he is clueless about the current sanctions we have on Iran.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 06:31:51 pm »

Readers are leaders.

They aren't buying anything from us because our own sanctions are still in place.  Are you saying that the US should drop our sanctions against Iran?

If so, why all the fury and hysterics of over the deal in the first place?

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 06:43:09 pm »
They aren't buying anything from us because our own sanctions are still in place.  Are you saying that the US should drop our sanctions against Iran?

If so, why all the fury and hysterics of over the deal in the first place?

What good are our sanctions doing now that all sanctions on Iran by the EU and the US have been lifted?  France just sold 118 Airbus passenger jets to Iran.  Why couldn't those jets have been Boeing?

I also will point back to the blatant lie that created this thread in the first place.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »
What good are our sanctions doing now that all sanctions on Iran by the EU and the US have been lifted?  France just sold 118 Airbus passenger jets to Iran.  Why couldn't those jets have been Boeing?

I also will point back to the blatant lie that created this thread in the first place.

Well, you know - if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth!
 :th_10444:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »

It takes 3 men 4 hours to convert an Airbus into a troop transport. Takes a couple days to do the same for a 777.

Hint taken?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Carling

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 06:49:54 pm »
Trump wants to sell Iran missles?

Link?  This article doesn't what you claim.

What fool.  He doesn't even realize what he's saying.

Ironic!

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 06:55:04 pm »

I understand the tactic of calling anything not positive a 'blatant lie' to try to shut it down, but I'll note that the source comment is a direct quote from Trump. No editorializing at all was made in the original post. If it is a 'blatant lie that created this thread in the first place', then the only person that can be lying is Trump himself as it is just his own words.

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 07:01:15 pm »
It takes 3 men 4 hours to convert an Airbus into a troop transport. Takes a couple days to do the same for a 777.

Hint taken?

Still wondering where Trump wants to sell missiles to Iran.  Walk it back...

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »
Still wondering where Trump wants to sell missiles to Iran.  Walk it back...

"They just ordered missiles. I didn't know they could buy missiles with their $150 billion. They just ordered missiles from Russia, nothing from the United States. "

No editorializing 'what he meant to say', just his own words.

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 07:11:27 pm »
"They just ordered missiles. I didn't know they could buy missiles with their $150 billion. They just ordered missiles from Russia, nothing from the United States. "

No editorializing 'what he meant to say', just his own words.

You left out the full quote.

"I wouldn't be able to get off the airplane. Do you like the plane made in the United States? (Cheers and applause) Boeing. Made in the United States, speaking of that, Iran just ordered 118 Airbus planes, nothing in the United States. They just ordered a lot of equipment from Italy and all over Europe. They just ordered missiles. I didn't know they could buy missiles with their $150 billion. They just ordered missiles from Russia, nothing from the United States. They capture our ten wonderful sailors, they put guns to their heads, they put them in a begging position. They were scared and frightened, and they let them go two days later, because you know what? The money was going to pass."

Does this sound like he's going to sell them missiles?  Maybe if you have TDS, I suppose, but clearly he is talking about how we released $150 billion and are doing nothing to get any of it back.

You're being dishonest and it's obvious to anyone who looks at the full quote objectively.  Show me where he says he wants to sell missiles to Russia.  You people rail on Trump for being a liar, but I've never seen anything quite like these continual lies that twist words into some heinous stance that Trump never said he held in the first place.