Author Topic: Rubio Goes Nuclear On Trump By Attacking The Size Of His Hands  (Read 1534 times)

Offline sinkspur

Rubio Goes Nuclear On Trump By Attacking The Size Of His Hands
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:56:07 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/28/rubio-goes-nuclear-on-trump-by-attacking-the-size-of-his-hands/

Rubio Goes Nuclear On Trump By Attacking The Size Of His Hands

JAMIE WEINSTEIN
Senior Editor

11:30 PM 02/28/2016

In a campaign speech in Salem, Virginia Sunday night, the Florida senator attacked Donald Trump for allegedly having tiny baby hands. (Video at source)

“He’s always calling me little Marco,” Rubio said during the new part of his stump speech where he hurls a series of insults against the Republican front-runner.

“And I’ll admit it, he’s taller than me. He’s like 6 foot 2, which is why I don’t understand why his hands are the size of someone who is 5 foot 2,” Rubio added to applause and laughter.

“And you know what they say about men with small hands … you can’t trust them,” he concluded with a pause after “hands” to suggest he was about to say something a little more lewd.

But the innuendo aside, Trump has supposedly been sensitive about the size of his hands and fingers ever since Graydon Carter started calling him a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy Magazine in the 1980s. The attack reportedly so wounded Trump that he still occasionally sends Carter, now editor-in-chief of Vanity Fair, pictures of his hands to prove his fingers are normal-sized.

“To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump,” Carter recently wrote in Vanity Fair. “There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers. I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby. The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination. Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: ‘See, not so short!’ I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, ‘Actually, quite short.’ Which I can only assume gave him fits.”

During an appearance on CNN Friday, this writer suggested Rubio attack Trump over his allegedly stubby fingers if he really wants to get under the Republican frontrunner’s skin.

(The clip of Rubio attacking Trump was recorded off of WDBJ7’s video of the full speech)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/28/rubio-goes-nuclear-on-trump-by-attacking-the-size-of-his-hands/#ixzz41ZLCaKON
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Rubio Goes Nuclear On Trump By Attacking The Size Of His Hands
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »
Rubio needs to cool it. I don't like Trump making fun of another candidates looks and I won't give Rubio a pass on it either. It was funny the day after the debate, but now start acting like you really want the job.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:39 pm »
This is disgusting..my opinion of Rubio just went down a few notches..just when I started to like him since the Fox townhall.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »
Rubio needs to cool it. I don't like Trump making fun of another candidates looks and I won't give Rubio a pass on it either. It was funny the day after the debate, but now start acting like you really want the job.

It's funny and it's exactly what Trump does.  These Marquis of Queensbury rules don't work with this cretin.  Gotta hit him and hit him hard. Put him back on his heels. 

His vanity won't allow any personal attack to go unreturned, so make him look petty by trying to one-up you.  I admire Rubio for doing this. Nothing else has worked, may as well try this.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:08:20 pm by sinkspur »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 03:15:39 pm »

Marco what are you doing??  If he is going to go after Trump he needs to do it on the issues and Trump's lack of substance.  These derogatory comments aimed at Trump serve no purpose.  The only thing it might do is draw media attention.  Perhaps negative media exposure is better than no exposure at all??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 03:23:34 pm »
Agreed. Comments like his are just as juvenile and inappropriate as Trump's "bleeding" remarks about Megyn Kelly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »

Completely agree.

"The job" requires dignity.  Stop it now, Marco.  Even if it's funny, it's extremely unpresidential, and very Trump-like.

Don't lower yourself to the gutter just because that's where Donald lives.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 03:30:20 pm »
Marco what are you doing??  If he is going to go after Trump he needs to do it on the issues and Trump's lack of substance.  These derogatory comments aimed at Trump serve no purpose.  The only thing it might do is draw media attention.  Perhaps negative media exposure is better than no exposure at all??

The media is finally covering Rubio's speeches, just like they cover Trump's speeches.  He does talk substance after a few jabs at Trump.

Look, if Trump is to be stopped, it's with his own medicine. Talking issues with Trump is like trying pick up jello; there's no substance to Trump whatsoever.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 03:31:48 pm »
Completely agree.

"The job" requires dignity.  Stop it now, Marco.  Even if it's funny, it's extremely unpresidential, and very Trump-like.

Don't lower yourself to the gutter just because that's where Donald lives.

So, do what he's been doing and losing, versus lose by drawing attention to and giving right back to Trump what he dishes out.

This is a guerilla war and all rules are out the window.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 03:34:53 pm »
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/10/graydon-carter-donald-trump

If anyone was curious about the Rubio attack on Trumps hands, it's because Don has an irrational complex about them....

The myriad vulgarities of Donald Trump—examples of which are retailed daily on Web sites and front pages these days—are not news to those of us who have been living downwind of him for any period of time. I first encountered Trump more than 30 years ago. Back then he was a flashy go-getter from an outer borough eager to make his name in Manhattan real estate. Which he succeeded in doing in the only way he knew how: by putting his name in oversize type on anything he was associated with—buildings, yes, but also vodka, golf courses, starchy ties, and even a sham of a real-estate school. Most people who own private planes include their initials as part of the tail number. Not Trump. On his campaign jet, a Boeing 757, his name runs from the cockpit to the wings—in gold letters, 10 feet high.

Like so many bullies, Trump has skin of gossamer. He thinks nothing of saying the most hurtful thing about someone else, but when he hears a whisper that runs counter to his own vainglorious self-image, he coils like a caged ferret. Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers. I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby. The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination. Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: “See, not so short!” I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, “Actually, quite short.” Which I can only assume gave him fits.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »
So, do what he's been doing and losing, versus lose by drawing attention to and giving right back to Trump what he dishes out.

I understand that it gets attention, and that it will rattle the wimpy Donald, but I still don't agree with doing it.

I heard some more of what Marco said...... talking about how Trump is a con man and going after that too.  There are a lot of personal things that can be attacked by other candidates, because Trump is a charlatan who has a rich history of abusing people.  It may be just an opinion, but I think Donald's own words can be used against him and achieve the same results, and that's where I think the other candidates need to go.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 04:12:37 pm »

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 04:28:59 pm »
It's funny and it's exactly what Trump does.  These Marquis of Queensbury rules don't work with this cretin.  Gotta hit him and hit him hard. Put him back on his heels. 

His vanity won't allow any personal attack to go unreturned, so make him look petty by trying to one-up you.  I admire Rubio for doing this. Nothing else has worked, may as well try this.

I am not a PC guy by any stretch, but to make a not so subtle attack on the size of Trump's penis to the general public is more coarse and juvenile than funny.   It might be funny if he said it backstage or among friends, but that is a different arena.  In any event, Rube should have plenty of material on Trump he should use instead of genitalia attacks.