Author Topic: Why I'll Gladly Vote for Trump in November, if it Comes to It  (Read 24130 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Why I'll Gladly Vote for Trump in November, if it Comes to It
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:23 pm »
The problem with that is that you have NOTHING but your faith in him that he will do anything he says he will do! No different than the millions who bought into "Hope and Change" without knowing ANYTHING about what it meant 8 years ago!

"Making America Great Again" is exactly the same scam as "Hope and Change" was.

It's presenting vague ideals that a lot of people want, but without any evidence of concrete actions based on convictions, that will accomplish it.

Trump has no core.  He has no beliefs that would support his doing anything to actually make America a better place.  Quite the contrary, the methods he has implied he will use will make America far, far worse.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 09:20:24 pm »
I'm not trying to put words into your mouth.

I've watched your replies to several members in the last hour and more than once it's plain to see that you're not even digesting the poster's words.

You totally ignore them and simply restate your main general argument.  IOW...you're NOT nterested in listening...only talking/responding.

Show me some EVIDENCE that Trump will do anything he says he will do David and I'll look at it! EVIDENCE not blind faith!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:21:31 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2016, 09:22:15 pm »

It's presenting vague ideals that a lot of people want, but without any evidence of concrete actions based on convictions, that will accomplish it.

Trump has no core.  He has no beliefs that would support his doing anything to actually make America a better place.  Quite the contrary, the methods he has implied he will use will make America far, far worse.

:whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2016, 09:28:30 pm »

EXACTLY right!   :patriot:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:51 pm »
The problem with that is that you have NOTHING but your faith in him that he will do anything he says he will do! No different than the millions who bought into "Hope and Change" without knowing ANYTHING about what it meant 8 years ago!

You are dead wrong, Bigun. Donald Trump has a reputation in the business community for doing exactly what he says he will do, usually on time and on budget.

A businessman in his position--someone who builds 100-story skyscrapers--wouldn't last a year in business if he didn't follow through on his word. No one would.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2016, 09:33:59 pm »

Yeah.............. except they actually meant what they said because Reagan had a core.  Reagan knew the Constitution.  Reagan had integrity.

BIG difference, my friend!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2016, 09:34:26 pm »
You are dead wrong, Bigun. Donald Trump has a reputation in the business community for doing exactly what he says he will do, usually on time and on budget.

A businessman in his position--someone who builds 100-story skyscrapers--wouldn't last a year in business if he didn't follow through on his word. No one would.

Two different worlds I'm afraid! Or should I just ask do you mean like hiring illegal Polish labor and then trying to stiff them?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:40:15 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2016, 09:36:56 pm »
Yeah.............. except they actually meant what they said because Reagan had a core.  Reagan knew the Constitution.  Reagan had integrity.

And they DID NOT run simply on spouting a slogan! There was actual MEAT in what they proposed to do! Comparing Trump to Reagan is an insult to those of us who were THERE at the time!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2016, 09:38:07 pm »

IOW, your personal dislike of Donald Trump has clouded your judgment as to the effectiveness of "Make America Great Again".

Because Trump is using it...the slogan by itself is a sham (your original contention)

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:15 pm »
IOW, your personal dislike of Donald Trump has clouded your judgment as to the effectiveness of "Make America Great Again".

Because Trump is using it...the slogan by itself is a sham (your original contention)

The slogan, used by someone who wants to make himself great, IS a sham.

Perhaps we can turn around your words and say, because of your personal admiration for Trump, your judgment is clouded about who he really is.

More accurate, methinks.........

Offline musiclady

« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2016, 09:50:09 pm »
And they DID NOT run simply on spouting a slogan! There was actual MEAT in what they proposed to do! Comparing Trump to Reagan is an insult to those of us who were THERE at the time!

Absolutely!!  One was a slogan based on the reality of political depth and ideas, and the other a copycat slogan based on air.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
Two different worlds I'm afraid! Or should I just ask do you mean like hiring illegal Polish labor and then trying to stiff them?

Trump didn't hire those Polish illegals 38 years ago. They were hired by a subcontractor who was responsible for demolishing the old structure that stood where the new building would go up. Trump wasn't fined; the subcontractor was.

Just more political noise having zero impact on Trump's continued popularity and support.

But keep throwing up flak. Trump is right over the target.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:33:52 am by aligncare »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2016, 09:56:20 pm »
The slogan, used by someone who wants to make himself great, IS a sham.

Perhaps we can turn around your words and say, because of your personal admiration for Trump, your judgment is clouded about who he really is.

More accurate, methinks.........

No...the issue we were discussing was whether the words "Make America Great Again" is a sham, like "Hope and Change"

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2016, 10:21:07 pm »
I would be very concerned about trusting my revolution to someone who has been on both sides of every important issue of the day.

How do you really think you can trust him?  He's never exhibited any integrity, nor given any reason to believe what he says.

If you watch or listen to his own words, you have to know that he's at best two-faced, and at worst, pulling the biggest scam ever made in American politics.

And I'm including the Obama scam of 2008.........

We should know by now not to trust anyone running for office.  You make your best assessment and vote that way.  I voted twice for George W. Bush, am I happy with him?...no, I think he was a particularly disastrous president, yet even in hindsight I'd have to vote for him again (in the general election) given the options.  You don't ever end up with a perfect situation, sometimes (like how I think of Bush now) you don't even end up with what you consider an acceptable situation.  You do the best you can. For me, it is not hard, the Republican Party has been a complete disaster for decades, I will enlist in the revolt against what it has become.  If that revolt fails, I will vote for the nominee.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:22:50 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:50 pm »

That's all I ever have.  I had faith in George W. Bush and it was cast into the garbage heap as well.  Still, in the general election I had no options, I'd have to do it again even knowing that I now consider him a complete disaster.  In politics, rarely do you get what you want.  You make the best choice you can with your vote considering how you view things.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Bill Cipher

« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2016, 02:22:36 am »
No one's "forcing" you to vote! (nice red herring there)  You are perfectly free to do what you want - just as I am perfectly free to criticize those here who are openly promoting a Hillary victory by either voting FOR her - or by a lame "protest" vote/non vote that will only help HER.  That's the math there (and it ain't common core math). 

I will criticize ANY of you that would say it would be better for Hillary to win than Trump!  That is a vile and disgusting thing to promote - as you puff your chest out (I'm not talking about YOU - Bill, as you have already said you would vote for the nominee) in sanctimonious moral superiority to those of us who will vote for the Republican nominee - whoever that turns out to be!

Words cannot convey the disgust that I feel about this phenomenon I am seeing here right now.    Utterly shameful! 

I simply do not understand you.  The language I was referring to said that it was wrong to not vote because it was disrespectful of the people who fought and died.  Saying that is saying that it's morally necessary for people to vote.  That gets closer and closer to saying its ok to force people to vote.  And that forcing is what would really be disrespectful to those who died for our freedoms.

Now that seems to be the same thing you're saying, so I really don't understand why you're going off on me.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2016, 02:24:01 am »
No...the issue we were discussing was whether the words "Make America Great Again" is a sham, like "Hope and Change"

Isn't any catchy little phrase essentially meaningless by itself?  Isn't what matters the substance that is supposed to be standing behind the slogan?  So shouldn't one weigh based on the substance of the person standing behind the slogan?  A rose by any other name would smell as sweet (or not).  The problem with "Hope and Change" is that there never was any substance behind it, just more and more vacuities, one after the other, leading up to Obama himself, who also didn't demonstrate anything of real substance, just words and slogans not backed up by any real action or track record.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:25:43 am by Bill Cipher »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2016, 02:29:44 am »
We should know by now not to trust anyone running for office.  You make your best assessment and vote that way.  I voted twice for George W. Bush, am I happy with him?...no, I think he was a particularly disastrous president, yet even in hindsight I'd have to vote for him again (in the general election) given the options. You don't ever end up with a perfect situation, sometimes (like how I think of Bush now) you don't even end up with what you consider an acceptable situation.  You do the best you can. For me, it is not hard, the Republican Party has been a complete disaster for decades, I will enlist in the revolt against what it has become.  If that revolt fails, I will vote for the nominee.

And, that's the nub.  We are tired of getting crappy choices.  I don't want to choose between the devil and his first lieutenant. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2016, 03:17:57 pm »
And, that's the nub.  We are tired of getting crappy choices.  I don't want to choose between the devil and his first lieutenant.

Pick the devil. The devil's first lieutenant is ambitious to do some shoe filling and enlarging.

Look at military coups - always run by Colonels. Never by Generals.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2016, 03:23:46 pm »
Anyone who votes for Donald Trump is not a conservative IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2016, 03:28:18 pm »
Anyone who votes for Donald Trump is not a conservative IMHO!

...according to YOUR definition.   :laugh:

We're standing here in our night clothes watching our house (country) burn down.  A 3 alarm tragedy.

We've got somebody standing ready with a water pumper and equipment and you won't let him do his work because he may be PRO-CHOICE.

Niiiice.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2016, 03:31:10 pm »

We're standing here in our night clothes watching our house (country) burn down.  A 3 alarm tragedy.

We've got somebody standing ready with a water pumper and equipment and you won't let him do his work because he may be PRO-CHOICE.

Niiiice.

If abortion were the only area where Trump is liberal, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is.

In fact, he's not conservative at all, and therein lies the rub.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2016, 03:32:48 pm »

Niiiice.

Except Donald Trump is not pro-choice. Like so many people, Trump had a conversion. Those are the best kind of prolifers. Those who've been impacted by a personal experience.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2016, 03:34:54 pm »
Except Donald Trump is not pro-choice. Like so many people, Trump had a conversion. Those are the best kind of prolifers. Those who've been impacted by a personal experience.

"I am completely pro-choice." - Donald Trump

(NO pro-life person supports Planned Parenthood.  NONE).

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2016, 03:46:42 pm »
If abortion were the only area where Trump is liberal, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is.

In fact, he's not conservative at all, and therein lies the rub.

I only used 'abortion' as an example of Social Conservative issues....those issues that are constantly a wrench in Republican election gears.

SOCONS are the bane of existence for the success of the Republican Party....if only for their inability to market ideas and convince people to change.

If Donald Trump loses to Hillary Clinton, folks, pack the car and run for the hills.  Literally.