Author Topic: Trump’s Comment About Chinese Government at Tiananman Square: The ‘Strongman’ America Needs?  (Read 722 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Y'all are going to love this...

From Playboy, March 1990

Trump also had some withering criticism of the Soviet Union’s former leader Mikhail Gorbachev for not being “firm” enough.

Here’s a transcript:

What were your other impressions of the Soviet Union?

I was very unimpressed. Their system is a disaster. What you will see there soon is a revolution; the signs are all there with the demonstrations and picketing. Russia is out of control and the leadership knows it. That’s my problem with Gorbachev. Not a firm enough hand.

You mean firm hand as in China?

When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world–.....

http://www.ijreview.com/2016/01/513180-trumps-comment-about-chinese-government-at-tianenman-square-shows-hes-strongman-america-needs/

Offline ABX

Offline sinkspur

A would-be Mussolini.  Charles Cooke has an article commenting on Trump's belligerence.  Posted it a minute ago.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Bill Cipher

Oooh!  You've done it now!  The hate-brigade will be down upon you soon enough.

Offline ABX

Offline NavyCanDo

As old as this interview was , it's odd it wasn't brought up in more recent interviews. There is no question that he in that interview was damning China and Russia for their leaders not being brutal enough. He left it out, but you know he was thinking it, that that Chinese Army Tank should have ran over that protestor and squashed him like a bug.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

Quote from: NavyCanDo link=topic=196666.msg795884#dmsg795884 ate=1456673332
As old as this interview was , it's odd it wasn't brought up in more recent interviews....

There is so, so, so much that hasn't come out yet in current stories. I'm sure they are holding it to hand it to Hillary if she is the nominee. That's why it is vital we don't ignore this stuff now. Get it out there while we are very, very early in the primaries.

Offline NavyCanDo

There is so, so, so much that hasn't come out yet in current stories. I'm sure they are holding it to hand it to Hillary if she is the nominee. That's why it is vital we don't ignore this stuff now. Get it out there while we are very, very early in the primaries.

True enough. I would like to read the whole interview from the actual source. Do I have TBRs permission to go buy this old Playboy off ebay? As an unpaid reseacher, mind you. Just want to make sure I have a cover story in case Mrs NavyCanDo, who says NavyCan't anymore sees me reading it on the couch, or finds it under the bed.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

True enough. I would like to read the whole interview from the actual source. Do I have TBRs permission to go buy this old Playboy off ebay? As an unpaid reseacher, mind you. Just want to make sure I have a cover story in case Mrs NavyCanDo, who says NavyCan't anymore sees me reading it on the couch, or finds it under the bed.

You do have complete permission. Tell Mrs. Navy it is official business. Then I'll need to see that copy after you to fact check what you find. :)