Author Topic: Christie Campaign's Finance Co-Chair Calls on Donors to Reject Trump  (Read 347 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/christie-campaign-s-finance-co-chair-calls-donors-reject-trump-n527451

Christie Campaign's Finance Co-Chair Calls on Donors to Reject Trump

by CHUCK TODD and SHAWNA THOMAS

Meg Whitman, the CEO of Hewlett-Packard who had an official role with Gov. Chris Christie's, R-N.J., now-suspended presidential campaign, called his endorsement of Trump, "an astonishing display of political opportunism."

Whitman served in the role of National Finance Co-Chair for Christie's campaign. "Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly," Whitman wrote.

Here's her full statement:

"Chris Christie's endorsement of Donald Trump is an astonishing display of political opportunism. Donald Trump is unfit to be President. He is a dishonest demagogue who plays to our worst fears. Trump would take America on a dangerous journey. Christie knows all that and indicated as much many times publicly. The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Trump outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter." - Meg Whitman
Whitman joins a chorus of conservative commentators who have called Christie's move "irresponsible" and a "disgrace."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:15:52 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.