Author Topic: Obama Opposes New Pro-Israel Measures, Will Not Follow Provisions to Help Jewish State  (Read 461 times)

Offline Paladin

Once again, his Highness chooses not to follow the law.

"President Barack Obama has announced in a rare statement that he will not follow newly passed measures aimed at boosting the Israeli economy and strengthening ties between the United States and the Jewish state, according to a statement issued by the president.

Obama stated that while he would sign the new trade resolution, portions of which focus on combatting economic boycotts of Israel, he would not enforce certain pro-Israel provisions that order the United States to stop partnering with countries that support the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement, or BDS, which aims to isolate Israel.

The president’s rejection of these provisions comes two weeks after the White House issued a separate statement expressing support for every provision of the trade bill except for those focusing on strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-opposes-new-pro-israel-measures-will-not-follow-provisions-to-help-jewish-state/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Not shocked at all, he is a radical Muslim...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline flowers

I wouldn't be surprised if before he leaves office he will order our military to shoot down one of Israelis  planes or fire on them.

Online Right_in_Virginia

certain pro-Israel provisions that order the United States to stop partnering with countries that support the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement,

Does anyone know what "stop partnering with" means?  Is it economic partnering?  Security partnering?  Social partnering?   :pondering:

Offline Paladin

"Six Democratic senators said President Barack Obama “mischaracterized” language in a recent trade bill that requires US non-cooperation with and regular reporting on entities that engage in Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) efforts against Israel.

Obama signed the wide-ranging bill Wednesday, but said in a statement he will not apply portions of the bill that extend anti-BDS protections to West Bank settlements, reiterating his position that “conflating Israel and ‘Israeli-controlled territories’ [is] contrary to longstanding bipartisan United States policy.”

Obama further said that “consistent with longstanding constitutional practice,” his administration would negotiate with other countries under the law “in a manner that does not interfere with my constitutional authority to conduct diplomacy,” language used in signing statements to signal that a president will not apply a part of a law that does not comport with US foreign policy.

Responding to the president’s statement, the group of Democratic senators said that, despite the bill’s language lumping together Israel proper with the territories, it is does not make a “US policy statement about Israeli settlements” and they urged the administration to “implement these provisions as enacted and intended.”

Those provisions “are not about Israeli settlements” but “discouraging politically-motivated commercial actions aimed at delegitimizing Israel and pressuring Israel into unilateral concessions outside the bounds of direct Israeli-Palestinian negotiations,” the six said in statement. It was signed by Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.)"

http://www.timesofisrael.com/democratic-senators-obama-mischaracterized-trade-bill-over-settlements/

Ok, boys, and whatcha gonna do when his Highness tells you to jump in a lake, or just simply ignores you? That's been his modus operandi since he became President and you have always let him behave like that, so why should he change now?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.