Author Topic: It's Time for the Grand Bargain  (Read 865 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's Time for the Grand Bargain
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:58:11 am »
It's apparent that Rubio and Cruz are flawed candidates;  both are inexperienced,  Rubio comes across as too callow and earnest, and Cruz as too off-putting and, ultimately, unlikeable.   

Cruz is running for the wrong job.  He should be running for the Supreme Court.  He's a debater, an intellectual, not a natural politician.   I like Rubio and think he's got great potential.  He's a natural for Veep - just not the top job. 

Behind both, of course, is the cat I favor - Kasich - for boring conventional reasons that make me, inevitably, a RINO.   But can no one see the forest for the trees?   We don't need to go on a bender of anger,  or ideological purity.  We only need to beat a WEAK Democratic candidate who no one trusts while retaining the Senate.  That gives conservatives effective control of the agenda and the means to effect it.  For the first time in our lifetimes.   

It's all within our grasp.  And we're pissing it all away.  It is an incredible tragedy that conservatives' golden opportunity to lead is being traded for a sucker bet on a tinhorn fascist.   

John Kasich is the way out folks.  Cut the grand and necessary bargain.  Promise Cruz a SCOTUS nomination. Give the Veep nod to Rubio.  And throw the weight of the party behind John Kasich.   Yeah, I'm hitting the sauce on a Friday night (Ardbeg) but what the hell, this will be our last and best shot, after Super Tuesday,  to thwart Trump, break our apparent suicide pact and regain the White House.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:05:15 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: It's Time for the Grand Bargain
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 03:07:47 am »
I agree...

with this part...

Yeah, I'm hitting the sauce on a Friday night (Ardbeg)

:beer:

I'd vote for Kasich.  I like Governors as Presidents.  Now you only need to convince the other 97% that have not even considered voting for him, and maybe just as important...Rubio and Cruz.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:08:43 am by Once-Ler »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:48:23 am »
I disagree.  Cruz IS applying for the right job. For two reasons.  One, he truly is a constitutional conservative who not only legitimately wants to restore this country, but without a shadow of a doubt has the capability to do so.  He has devoted his life to the Constitution.  As the longest serving Solicitor General of TX he has a proven record of standing up for "We the People".  As a Senator he has stood up time and time again to the corruption in Washington. His duties/powers as a Senator are limited; therefore he is trying to take the next step.  Secondly, his record is rock solid conservative. He is the ONLY one out of all the candidates that will do what he says he's going to do; his record is proof. He is more popular in our more conservative House then our RINO laden Senate.  I want a President who will change Washington, not someone who is popular because they have sold their soul to the cartel and who is willing to continue the corruption.

Yes, Cruz without a doubt would make an excellent Supreme Court Justice; however, unless we can turn this country around this election, there will be no turning back and our country WILL collapse. Cruz also has the ability to lead those willing to rebuild this country after the collapse, but I'm not so sure that after a collapse that a dictatorship or the UN wouldn't step in and take over -- one world order accomplished!

We are at a crossroads and on the brink. We don't need someone who is going to continue us on the same path.  Yes, the economy, jobs, national security are all extremely important and I believe Cruz would bring us around.  However our Republic; our very broken two party system (that is basically now a one party system) and progressive liberalism isn't working.  You can't build on a foundation that is collapsing. You have to fix the foundation first and then build.  That is exactly why we need Cruz as president.

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America!!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:52:05 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 11:01:45 am »
It's apparent that Rubio and Cruz are flawed candidates;  both are inexperienced,  Rubio comes across as too callow and earnest, and Cruz as too off-putting and, ultimately, unlikeable.   

Cruz is running for the wrong job.  He should be running for the Supreme Court.  He's a debater, an intellectual, not a natural politician.   I like Rubio and think he's got great potential.  He's a natural for Veep - just not the top job. 

Behind both, of course, is the cat I favor - Kasich - for boring conventional reasons that make me, inevitably, a RINO.   But can no one see the forest for the trees?   We don't need to go on a bender of anger,  or ideological purity.  We only need to beat a WEAK Democratic candidate who no one trusts while retaining the Senate.  That gives conservatives effective control of the agenda and the means to effect it.  For the first time in our lifetimes.   

It's all within our grasp.  And we're pissing it all away.  It is an incredible tragedy that conservatives' golden opportunity to lead is being traded for a sucker bet on a tinhorn fascist.   

John Kasich is the way out folks.  Cut the grand and necessary bargain.  Promise Cruz a SCOTUS nomination. Give the Veep nod to Rubio.  And throw the weight of the party behind John Kasich.   Yeah, I'm hitting the sauce on a Friday night (Ardbeg) but what the hell, this will be our last and best shot, after Super Tuesday,  to thwart Trump, break our apparent suicide pact and regain the White House.

Kasich. Good resume, good temperament, good possible veep and all that; but, for several years has lost his focus and developed this unbecoming statist mentality where the government knows what is best for the individual.

And bottom line, he's not catching on with the base. If you can't bring in voters, you're just taking up space.

Jazzhead, it's perfectly fine to just say, you know what guys, I like John Kasich, and I wish more people would, too.

But, there are 4 candidates attracting more attention and higher polls than Kasich. And it's not as if no ones sees or hears him. The primary process has been on going publicly for 8 months, Kasich has been in 10 debates and town halls with total viewers probably 30-40 million. Ohio knows Kasich, yet one of the other candidates is equaling him there in polls.

People have had a good opportunity to evaluate the man and his campaign. I mean, go ahead and like the guy, but don't reject reality is all I'm saying.

So you got a man crush. It happens. No ones gonna judge you.    ^-^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 01:14:42 pm by aligncare »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 12:45:56 pm »
The only "bargain" that is going to get cut is the one between the candidates and the voters.  Regardless of his merits as a potential president, for Kasich to win he needs  to get votes.  No one is going to get the nomination without showing he can succeed at retail politics.  That is why we hold primaries.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 12:46:30 pm »
But, there are 4 candidates attracting more attention and higher polls than Kasich.
Well, three, anyway. Ben Carson's been an afterthought for a while now.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:07:34 pm »
Kasich. Good resume, good temperament, good possible veep and all that; but, for several years has lost his focus and developed this unbecoming statist mentality where the government knows what is best for the individual.

And bottom line, he's not catching on with the base. If you can't bring in voters, you're just taking up space.

Jazzhead, it's perfectly fine to just say, you know what guys, I like John Kasich, and I wish more people would, too.

But, there are 4 candidates attracting more attention and higher polls than Kasich. And it's not as if no ones sees or hears him. The primary process has been on going publicly for 8 months, Kasich has been in 10 debates and town halls with total viewers probably 30-40 million. Ohio knows Kasich, yet one of the other candidates is equaling him there in polls.

People have had a good opportunity to evaluate the man and his campaign. I mean, go ahead and like the guy, but don't reject reality is all I'm saying.

So you got a man crush. It happens. No ones gonna judge you.    ^-^

Don't discount Jeff Sessions (AL) as TRUMP VP and Newt chief of staff :beer: