Author Topic: Donald Trump, Christian Martyr  (Read 3026 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Donald Trump, Christian Martyr
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 05:04:26 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking about the cult phenom of the sixties and seventies.  Some of us are old enough to remember the Moonies, Hare Krishnas, Jim Jones' group (from whence comes the term "to drink the koolaid), Black Panthers, SDS, SLA, etc.  The rise of desperate parental kidnappings of adult children and the de-programmers. 

The articles said that anyone could become seduced by a cult.  Maybe, maybe not.  But, I can see how attractive it could be.  To be part of a "movement", to be able to quit for once questioning and looking at things critically.  To suspend one's cynicism and natural caution.  To gain that emotional fulfillment that has been lacking in the day to day.  And, perhaps gain a bit of revenge on an unfair world.

I think that's how 0bama got elected.  Same impulses.  Maybe that's how it manifests in the children of the flower children.  Who knows?  Could explain the fact that ANYONE votes for Hillary Clinton.

This phenomenon has happened multiple times in history, and is inexplicable, IMO, in all cases.

It's voluntary servitude.

My husband is now reading Bonhoeffer (I read it a couple of years ago), and he remarked how similar the (ignorant) support of Evangelicals for Trump is to the German church in the 1930's.

There's no way anyone who supports decency or life should be supporting a corrupt leftist like Trump........... and yet they are.

And they mock those of us who see through his overt deception as being "haters."

I find this last Trump lie of being persecuted by the IRS because he's "a good Christian" to be as heinous as any of the things he has said.  I don't know how he can behave in any more of a despicable manner than this overt deception in the name of Christ.

I believe he will pay for this.  God is not mocked.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »
Dammit man!

You just ruined one of my favorite songs!

Is there nothing sacred any more?

Are there no boundaries?

I'm sorry it just came over me...you know like on
hot August night with leaves hanging down
And the grass on the ground man it is smellin' sweet.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5va1iaLj2M

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2016, 06:16:04 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2016, 06:23:58 pm »
Exactly, Machiavelli.  Exactly.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 06:55:46 pm »
My goodness, jazzhead....IMO, your preconceived feelings toward Trump can't allow you to use context to mold your opinions.

To me, he's clearly allying with the Religious Right or Christians in general, who have been maligned and targeted by Obama through the IRS.

Right-wing Conservative non-profits are persecuted by the IRS under the Obama Regime's instructions.  The IRS ignores them or drags out the apps for years.

By saying that he's being audited because of his Christian right-wing leanings....even if they are unsubstantiated...he is attracting more American voters who identified with the persecuted baker...the nuns....the florists who got sued.

And wasn't this remark immediately after he claimed to read the bible more than John Kerry?

All I'm requesting is a little objective thought in here.     

Objective thought?

Really?

Are you willing to play that game?

Here's some objective thought for you, based on your own post.

If he's willing to lie in order to get their support, what makes you think that he didn't lie to get yours?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 07:54:36 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 07:58:03 pm »
Objective thought?

Really?

Are you willing to play that game?

Here's some objective thought for you, based on your own post.

If he's willing to lie in order to get their support, what makes you think that he didn't lie to get yours?

Because when it comes to the issues that I care about, his very resume and success speak louder to me than any stump speech in a primary season.

All's fair in love...war...and politics.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2016, 08:11:34 pm »
I think I found The Donald's new campaign song . . .

I live in a place where the nuts hunt the squirrels . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 03:02:08 pm »
Joe Pounder ‏@PounderFile 53m53 minutes ago

On CNN, @realDonaldTrump now says he's audited because he's Tea Party. Before on CNN, it was because he was a Christian.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 03:04:21 pm »
Because when it comes to the issues that I care about, his very resume and success speak louder to me than any stump speech in a primary season.

All's fair in love...war...and politics.   

Ahh, so buying off local politicians to use eminent domain to take private residences from their owners is something you care about.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 03:14:35 pm »

Wow.  That's funny.  In all those Tea Party rallies I went to and all the literature I read, and e-mails I've received, I never once saw that Donald Trump was involved in any way, shape or form........   

How curious.........   :pondering:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2016, 03:16:33 pm »
Wow.  That's funny.  In all those Tea Party rallies I went to and all the literature I read, and e-mails I've received, I never once saw that Donald Trump was involved in any way, shape or form........   

Wow, me either.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 03:45:52 pm »

A TEA Party?

Are you kidding?

The man doesn't even drink coffee.

How can you trust a guy that doesn't drink coffee?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx