Author Topic: Donald Trump: U.S. Should Have Left Qaddafi In Power  (Read 660 times)

HAPPY2BME

Donald Trump: U.S. Should Have Left Qaddafi In Power
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:22:12 pm »
Donald Trump has said the world would be a better place if Saddam Hussein and Muammar el-Qaddafi were still in power.

In a furious anti-war tirade during Thursday night’s Republican presidential debate, Trump said: “We would be so much better off if Qaddafi were in charge right now,” adding, “If these politicians went to the beach and didn’t do a thing and we had Saddam Hussein and if we had Qaddafi in charge instead of having terrorism all over the place—at least they killed terrorists.”

“And I’m not saying they were good, because they were bad, they were really bad. But we don’t know what we’re getting. Look at Libya right now. ISIS as we speak is taking over their oil. It’s a total mess,” Trump added. “We would have been better off if the politicians took a day off instead of going to war.”

This is not the first time Trump has criticized politicians, including those in his own party, for taking America to war. Earlier in February, Trump attacked his rival Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor, for supporting his brother George’s war in Iraq.

“I’m the only one on this stage that said, ‘Do not go into Iraq. Do not attack Iraq,’” Trump said at the time. “Nobody else on this stage said that. And I said it loud and strong.”

Trump is the frontrunner in the race, with a string of recent victories in Nevada, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-saddam-hussein-qaddafi-us-republican-debate-primaries-430627?piano_d=1

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Donald Trump: U.S. Should Have Left Qaddafi In Power
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:45:03 pm »
Trump likes to stand up for his fellow strongmen.  Saddam.   Qaddafi.  Putin.   Dictators who clamp down on dissent ("carry 'em out on stretchers") and otherwise rule like mobsters.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »
Turns out he's right. "W" de-fanged Qaddafi. He was quiet, no longer a threat, and helping, within his limits in the war on terror. BUT, Attila the Hen, and the Spineless Wonder, leading from behind, got together with the Europeans [another trademark coalition], and overthrew him. How's that workin' out for ya? Hell. How has it worked out for the Libyans? The Middle East?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 06:21:13 pm »
Trump likes to stand up for his fellow strongmen.  Saddam.   Qaddafi.  Putin.   Dictators who clamp down on dissent ("carry 'em out on stretchers") and otherwise rule like mobsters.

Which is precisely what is required to the fundamentalist Islamic madmen in check.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 07:19:13 pm »
I'd say our Ambassador and three other brave men would still be alive if Obama and Hillary hadn't instigated the plot to overthrow Khaddafi so that the Muslim Brotherhood could take over Libya.  Only it seems now that ISIS is taking it over - or are they just the plowmen clearing the ground for the MB? 

Hindsight is 20/20, and I'd have to say in hindsight that Trump is right.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:04 pm »
I thought at the time and still do, it was a huge mistake to take him out.