Author Topic: 5 dead in Belfair standoff, including shooter  (Read 834 times)

Offline flowers

5 dead in Belfair standoff, including shooter
« on: February 26, 2016, 10:10:46 pm »
http://www.king5.com/story/news/crime/2016/02/26/swat-responds-report-4-people-shot-belfair/80987850/

BELFAIR, Wash. - Mason County Sheriff's officials confirm five bodies have been found on the property of a standoff near Belfair. One of the bodies was the shooter, who shot himself in front of deputies, said Mason County Sheriff Casey Salisbury.

The incident started early Friday morning in a rural area of Mason County. An armed man called 911 to say he had shot four people in a private home, local authorities said. The possible victims included the man's wife, two children, and someone else.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: 5 dead in Belfair standoff, including shooter
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:22:14 pm »
I know this area well, as a boy and even into adulthood I would use the state park there as a launching point to fish for Sea-Run Cutthroat Trout on Hood Canal (a branch of Puget Sound).
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 06:23:44 am »
I know the area well. My dad had 5 acres not far from there that we would use in the Summer for camping. They're saying nothing about what may have triggered this here on the news in WA.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 06:45:49 am »
I know the area well. My dad had 5 acres not far from there that we would use in the Summer for camping. They're saying nothing about what may have triggered this here on the news in WA.

It sounds like one of those terrible family tragedies where someone snaps due to some kind of family conflict.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan