Author Topic: The Time Has Come to Heap Scorn and Mockery on Trump  (Read 2679 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

The Time Has Come to Heap Scorn and Mockery on Trump
« on: February 26, 2016, 12:21:30 am »
Tonight’s debate has to be the beginning of Trump’s downfall.

Donald Trump’s hostile takeover of the Republican party is underway. The Trump Train has left the station, destination: the White House. The Donald has a head of steam and is headed toward the goal line, stiff-arming metaphors all the way. Will anyone tackle him? Can the train be derailed? Will conservatives resist the takeover of their party by a clown who — as a Hillary supporter told me three days ago, cackling with delight — is a lifelong Democrat? As it stands, there are only two men in America who can take on Trump and defeat him: Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. The two senators clearly don’t like each other. Each thinks that if only the other guy would drop out of the race, a conservative coalition would consolidate in time to top Trump. Each hopes that some outside bazooka of money will open up on Trump to take him down a notch or two. Wrong, wrong, all wrong. If either Rubio or Cruz is going to defeat Trump, the turnaround will begin tonight at the GOP debate in Houston. If Rubio or Cruz can’t lock horns with Donald Trump and best him Thursday night in the political gong show that we call a debate, then it’s not going to happen. If Marco Rubio can’t stand up to Donald Trump’s juvenile insults and turn the tables, then Rubio isn’t tough or ruthless enough to be president of the United States. If Ted Cruz can’t use his lawyerly skills to mercilessly shred Donald Trump’s equivocations and half-truths and flip-flops, then Cruz isn’t strong or canny enough to be president of the United States. If these guys can’t sense the urgency of the moment and rise to the challenge by bringing down Trump, they have no business asking for conservatives’ votes or leading America in a dark and dangerous moment on the world stage.
These two want to be the guy who answers the 3 a.m. phone call. Tonight is the 3 a.m. phone call. Tonight’s debate is the last chance to give the Trump steamroller a flat tire. If Trump leaves Houston unscathed, if he moves on to the Super Tuesday states and wins all or most of them — then the race is over.
All our lives we have been told that the candidate with momentum is the one to watch. All our lives we’ve been told that “Big Mo” is more important than endorsements or coffers full of campaign cash. All our lives we’ve been told that in politics — as in life — people follow a winner. And now Rubio and Cruz (not to mention Ben Carson and John Kasich, whose vanity campaigns are proving them more interested in keeping their names in the papers than in saving the conservative movement and the country) are telling us that a nuance-laden, slow-burn, smart-guy strategy will do the trick? It won’t. This is a time for choosing. A time for strength. A time for ruthlessness and killer instinct. A time for mettle and resolve and the will to go to war.
The Republican party is infected with a virus, and that virus can be expunged only by direct action. Donald Trump isn’t going to go away. He’s not going to say anything stupid enough to deter his legions. The magical unicorns of “political gravity” aren’t going to save the Republican party from nominating a man who is antithetical to everything the party has stood for since Barry Goldwater won the nomination in 1964. He has to be defeated. He has to be exposed. He has to be humiliated on national TV in front of 25 million people.

How should Cruz and Rubio go after Trump? They must depict Trump as a game-show host out of his depth. They must laugh at his kindergarten-level grasp of national-security policy. They should bait him into putting forth an opinion on Obamacare and then mock him for having held the opposite view that morning on Morning Joe. They should pound him on his four bankruptcies, ridicule his failed Trump University scam that stole tens of thousands of dollars from average Americans, call him on his support for Planned Parenthood, knock him for his bullying, vulgar self-righteousness, laugh at him for not knowing what the nuclear triad is, and guffaw at his inept attempt to revitalize Atlantic City. And when Trump loses his cool, they should do it again and again. And again. Cruz and Rubio must mock Trump until the audience views him as the deranged half-wit that he is. Donald Trump must be shown to be a loser. Politely pointing out that Donald Trump isn’t a conservative isn’t going to be enough. Trump has to be shown to be ridiculous. And Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio (or both) has to be the one to do it. If they don’t, then the Republican nomination process is over. And the two senators will have no one to blame but themselves.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431893/cruz-rubio-trump-debate

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:24:38 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

Re: The Time Has Come to Heap Scorn and Mockery on Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 12:33:12 am »
Jeb Bush got Trump to lose his cool and show his Truther side.  Rubio and Cruz must do the same.

The guy has  thin skin and it would be very easy to get under it.  Point out that Trump hired 17 American citizens at his Mar-a-Largo country club over the past five years, and hired 483 H-2B foreign workers, mostly Romanian. Hammer him on eminent domain. Certainly hit him on Planned Parenthood and challenge him on exactly how he would manifest his pro-life position (he is actually pro-choice). 

The important thing is to goad him, to get him mad, and then continue to take advantage of him when he's pissed.  Show his derangement.  Cruz could do this easily.

Of course, his supporters wouldn't care if he said he'd stuffed Melania into a trunk earlier this afternoon. THey're not going to be deterred by anything. But the rest of America should see that this man is dangerous.

And crazy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 12:34:21 am »
If Cruz and Rubio spend the night attacking each other instead of Trump, calling each other liars, then I'm afraid its over.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:36:09 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 12:36:03 am »
If Cruz and Rubio spend the nigh attacking each other instead of Trump, calling each other liars, then I'm afraid its over.

Agree.  They have got to concentrate on Trump, because Trump is the enemy of conservatism.

Leave each other alone, gentlemen!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:38:55 am »
Jeb Bush got Trump to lose his cool and show his Truther side.  Rubio and Cruz must do the same.

The guy has  thin skin and it would be very easy to get under it.  Point out that Trump hired 17 American citizens at his Mar-a-Largo country club over the past five years, and hired 483 H-2B foreign workers, mostly Romanian. Hammer him on eminent domain. Certainly hit him on Planned Parenthood and challenge him on exactly how he would manifest his pro-life position (he is actually pro-choice). 

The important thing is to goad him, to get him mad, and then continue to take advantage of him when he's pissed.  Show his derangement.  Cruz could do this easily.

Of course, his supporters wouldn't care if he said he'd stuffed Melania into a trunk earlier this afternoon. THey're not going to be deterred by anything. But the rest of America should see that this man is dangerous.

And crazy.

Agree.  The majority of Republicans do not support Trump.  They need to see how thin-skinned, angry and out of control he is, and the best way for that to happen is for all the other candidates to begin to focus only on him.

The fan club is going to remain loyal, but we have to remember that they are a minority among us, and they can be overcome with the thinking majority.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 12:45:54 am »
If Ted Cruz can’t use his lawyerly skills to mercilessly shred Donald Trump’s equivocations and half-truths and flip-flops, then Cruz isn’t strong or canny enough to be president of the United States. If these guys can’t sense the urgency of the moment and rise to the challenge by bringing down Trump, they have no business asking for conservatives’ votes or leading America in a dark and dangerous moment on the world stage.

I can agree with that.

Bring it, gentlemen!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 01:09:12 am »

What the heck has been heaped the past 4 months?   Sausage gravy?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 01:13:32 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 01:26:17 am »

Oh please. 

Nobody's fought Trump. It's time to release the hounds.

Stop being afraid of this sonofabitch.  Let him have it.

Offline flowers

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 01:33:34 am »
Let 'em pile it on.

He's becoming....

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 04:57:45 am »
'The Time Has Come to Heap Scorn and Mockery on Trump'

============================

All four of you will certainly make an impact.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 04:59:55 am »
'The Time Has Come to Heap Scorn and Mockery on Trump'

============================

All four of you will certainly make an impact.

Trump fell on his ass tonight. Looked stupid. Rubio and Cruz whooped him.

Won't matter to you but those on the fence saw a feckless Trump with a glass jaw.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:43 am »
Trump fell on his ass tonight. Looked stupid. Rubio and Cruz whooped him.

Won't matter to you but those on the fence saw a feckless Trump with a glass jaw.

=============================

He might as well just drop out then.

Have you spoken with him tonight.  I am sure he is waiting on your call.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 05:20:36 am »
I listened to Cruz ramble on over and over, failing to mention the most important topics. Jobs, jobs, jobs.

Trump knows that, and brilliant eloquent debater and legislative genius, does not.

Trumps detractors, all high and mighty with their education etc. just can't relate to the blue collar people that lost jobs, got back little or nothing in the Obama "recovery" while Cruz rambles on and on, like he learned in prosperity evangelism, lawyerly debate, etc.

There is something in sales and getting along with people. It is "matching style"

That is part of Mr. Trumps success. His listeners, unkempt and primitive as they are, give a damn about stuff, but don't want to listen to a lecture by the Senator from R-Alberta, sponsored by Goldman Sachs and the Glenn Beck Show.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 05:26:34 am »
The next debate is on FOX again. Will Trump once again chicken out, afraid of Megyn?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 05:30:09 am »
I listened to Cruz ramble on over and over, failing to mention the most important topics. Jobs, jobs, jobs.

==========================================

Either he thought he was doing a stump on the senate floor, or he lapsed back into lawyer mode.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 05:39:17 am »
==========================================

Either he thought he was doing a stump on the senate floor, or he lapsed back into lawyer mode.
His staff have proven to be of little help, or worse than that, damaging.

He is apparently not being coached to cut back the slick lawyer thing. I honestly believe that is all that there is to the man.

The Peter Principle is that you will be promoted to the next level above your actual skill level. In a sense he has already proven he was over his head in the Senate, since he has alienated his colleagues, and only accomplished setting himself up to run for President.

The actual day to day work of the Senate does not interest him. He should go back to Solicitor General of Texas, his pre-Peter Principle level.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 05:42:53 am »

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 05:49:21 am »

What the heck has been heaped the past 4 months?   Sausage gravy?

:amen:

Remember when Trump's ceiling was 15% then 20% then 25% then 30% then...then...then... :silly: :silly:  :silly:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 06:05:28 am »

Trump knows that, and brilliant eloquent debater and legislative genius, does not.

Trumps detractors, all high and mighty with their education etc. just can't relate to the blue collar people that lost jobs

I saw a different debate.  I saw a billionaire who inherited great wealth, yet cheats little people with a fake university, ships jobs overseas to make his ties and suits, and hires illegals instead of Americans.

I hope the rating were yuge.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 06:12:45 am »
I saw a different debate.  I saw a billionaire who inherited great wealth, yet cheats little people with a fake university, ships jobs overseas to make his ties and suits, and hires illegals instead of Americans.

I don't much care about the back and forth details. I care about results.

Like much of the electorate, I am skeptical about career politicians. Your mileage may vary.

At one point, the two were yelling at Trump from each side. He kept his cool and came out in the end little touched. He took their best shots, two on one--and finished in a draw.

That is a win.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:18:53 am by truth_seeker »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 06:23:04 am »

You say tomato, he say tamato.

Just a hunch. Don't like Donald Trump, right? (balls teed up. Now it's up to you. Don't shank it)

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 06:24:32 am »
I don't much care about the back and forth details. I care about results.

Like much of the electorate, I am skeptical about career politicians. Your mileage may vary.
I hope others are concerned about results like bankruptcy, lawsuits for fraud, judgements for hiring illegals, shipping jobs out of America, and numerous IRS audits.

I am nothing like the electorate, and I find it hard to make a case that Rubio or Cruz are career politicians.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 06:26:14 am »
You say tomato, he say tamato.

Just a hunch. Don't like Donald Trump, right? (balls teed up. Now it's up to you. Don't shank it)

I'm a choke artist, but here goes...I hate Trump.