Author Topic: The Donald's case of Ricketts  (Read 9947 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: The Donald's case of Ricketts
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 07:21:08 pm »
Sophomoric argument. Trump is not a Government official using his office to threaten anyone. He is a private citizen the same as those attacking him. if anything Trump is being kind. He could simply of released the dogs, instead he issues a warning. "Be ready to play for keeps if you wish to play this game against me"

But I got it. Simply will not let go of the emotion based talking point and see reason. The rationalization to validate the Anti Trump emotions here  is just too strong for for intellectual honesty and reason to over come it.

You are broken record  Johnnie.  You must have learned the word "emotion" for Christmas and use it in every post.  It's really funny.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 07:32:50 pm »
Right. That target must hold still while you hit him.

Curious if Cruz or Rubio is candidate if you all will be  advocating the same passive acceptance of the Clinton Attack machines punches?

I doubt it. This has nothing to be with any  ethical principals, it has only to do your feelings about the guy doing the punching back.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 07:39:48 pm »
He could simply of released the dogs, instead he issues a warning. "Be ready to play for keeps if you wish to play this game against me"
Not exactly. He said they better be careful, they have a lot to hide. That sounds a bit more threatening than "be ready." Emotional, even.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 07:43:07 pm »
Right. That target must hold still while you hit him.

Curious if Cruz or Rubio is candidate if you all will be  advocating the same passive acceptance of the Clinton Attack machines punches?

I doubt it. This has nothing to be with any  ethical principals, it has only to do your feelings about the guy doing the punching back.

And some of us have those negative feelings about the "guy punching back" because he has given us ample reason to have them.  Crude, insulting, angry, racist, bigoted, lying...........not exactly attributes that inspire.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2016, 07:58:33 pm »
Got it. Your side is free to attack Trump all they want but it is "an assault on the 1st Amendment" for Trump to fight back!

Are we really this childish that any screaming tirade at Trump is automatically applauded without the slightest hint of actually THINKING about the point.

The author is a member.

Any member is free to write and post an article in this section.

If you disagree with the article, comment on it saying why. Or write your own. It will be given equal prominence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 08:47:18 pm »
Sophomoric argument. Trump is not a Government official using his office to threaten anyone. He is a private citizen the same as those attacking him.

Except that he aspires to become a government official---presumably, the highest government official in the land, never mind that the presidency was not
intended to become a kind of elected monarchy. It is hardly sophomoric to ponder whether a man aspiring to the presidency and threatening those who
oppose him for nothing more heinous than that they do oppose him would use the office as the American Spectator writer cited in the original
essay describes, to attack those who oppose him for no good reason other than that they do oppose him.

(I)f anything Trump is being kind. He could simply of released the dogs, instead he issues a warning. "Be ready to play for keeps if you wish to play this game against me"

That would be fine talk indeed coming from a man whom some of his supporters, seemingly, think should have a licence to attack without response, a man
who seems to believe he is or should be impervious to criticism or opposition. A man, too, who seems to think---very much like the incumbent he wishes
to succeed, to say nothing of the incumbent's predecessor government---that the Constitution is irrelevant to the need to get whatever it is he thinks
needs to be done, regardless of that pesky other law against which many have bumped and ignored to their and the country's peril: the law of unintended
consequences.

But I got it. Simply will not let go of the emotion based talking point and see reason.

If that is what you got, you got nothing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:00:11 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2016, 01:12:38 am »
donny let the dawgs out last night...and they ran way with their tails between their legs..while he was being spanked by FACTS....to within an inch of his political life!!

the poor foppish boy dishes out all manner of off the wall...FALLACIOUS NONSENSE...but he doesn't seem to like ti when other cut loose on him with comments of his REAL WORLD ISSUES!!

lets all have a moment of silence for the SPINELESS BLOWHARD!

OKAY THE MOMENTS OVER!!! GO TED GO MARCO!!!!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!