Author Topic: Rush: Romney Pulls a Dingy Harry on Trump  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Romney Pulls a Dingy Harry on Trump
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/02/25/romney_pulls_a_dingy_harry_on_trump

Romney Pulls a Dingy Harry on Trump
February 25, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  So everybody's saying, "What is Romney doing?  What is Romney thinking?"  Romney has launched his own version of a Dingy Harry attack on Trump about taxes.  I'm gonna tell you what Romney's doing, and then we'll get some detail on this. What I think Romney's doing, is I think Romney is freezing endorsements for Trump.  I think that in the bowels of the Republican establishment they're very worried that a bunch of Republicans are on the verge of endorsing Trump.

And I think Romney goes out there and starts attacking Trump on his taxes to freeze any of that, to stop endorsements for Trump.  There may be something to it, too, for all I know.  There are people that don't believe Trump's worth what he says he's worth. There are people that don't believe Trump has accomplished half of what he says he accomplished in business.  There are people that think that he's done all this -- his lifestyle and business -- on a wing and a prayer, and that the only reason he gets away with it is the banks are so invested in him by way of loans that they can't foreclose on him without taking themselves down.

There's all kinds of people who have thinking that for years about Trump.  Romney's point is, "Hey, you know what?"  Romney's trying to make it look like he's seen Trump's taxes, and he's trying to make it look like Trump's taxes are not the taxes of a billionaire.  I mean, he's not paying very much.  This is what is being insinuated. It's what being implied.  And you're supposed to infer that, "Well, he's not paying nearly enough taxes for a billionaire, so either he's not a billionaire or he's cheating or maybe he's not donating all that money to charity that he says he is." 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VOIFRH0Zgs

All of this... People say, "Why would Romney do this?"  Because he's learned how effective it is, probably.  This is exactly what Dingy Harry did to him, and Romney didn't exactly handle it very well when it happened to him. So I think maybe it's just an attempt... I think he's trying to freeze Trump where he is on this possibility there might be Republican establishment types on the verge of endorsing Trump. 

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Rush: Romney Pulls a Dingy Harry on Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 09:09:56 pm »
As soon as I heard this, I thought why the heck is Mitt using the same dirty tactics that Reid used against him? It's tacky.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:13:53 pm »
As soon as I heard this, I thought why the heck is Mitt using the same dirty tactics that Reid used against him? It's tacky.  **nononono*

You may want to peruse: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/02/24/tripwire-alert-understanding-why-mitt-romney-is-making-ridiculous-claims-about-donald-trumps-taxes/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 09:21:38 pm »
You may want to peruse: http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/02/24/tripwire-alert-understanding-why-mitt-romney-is-making-ridiculous-claims-about-donald-trumps-taxes/
From the article: First, why Mitt Romney?  The GOPe is positioning Romney to step into the 2016 presidential election either as a vulgarian alternative in a brokered convention, or as an independent alternative (third party campaign) to carry the torch of the traditional republican party – because the party cannot accept total and complete defeat.

Good grief.  :thud:  I think I'm going to be sick.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:29:35 pm »
From the article: First, why Mitt Romney?  The GOPe is positioning Romney to step into the 2016 presidential election either as a vulgarian alternative in a brokered convention, or as an independent alternative (third party campaign) to carry the torch of the traditional republican party – because the party cannot accept total and complete defeat.

Good grief.  :thud:  I think I'm going to be sick.

LOL.  I have no idea what is going to happen at the Convention.  But I have been saying all along, that no one should be counting on any of these candidates emerging with the nomination.  (If I am wrong, I will be happy to say so.)