Author Topic: A Better Texas Poll for Cruz  (Read 526 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

A Better Texas Poll for Cruz
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:58:06 am »
   http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/02/24/better-texas-poll-cruz/

A new Texas poll released Wednesday finds Sen. Ted Cruz has a double-digit lead over Donald Trump:

Ted Cruz – 35%
    Donald Trump – 20%
    Marco Rubio – 8%
    Ben Carson – 7%
    John Kasich – 4%
    Undecided – 19%

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (who dropped out of the race Saturday after the South Carolina primary) was also included in the poll and  got 5 percent. The poll was conducted  by Houston Public Media and the University of Houston Hobby Center for Public Policy from Feb. 12-22. The margin of error is plus or minus 4.8 percent.

Thirty-five percent of voters say that having a candidate who is honest and trustworthy is the most important to them. That could be important because of the negative liar, liar campaign Trump and Rubio have been waging against Cruz.

Other findings from the poll include:

Twenty three percent said they want a candidate who shares their values.
    Fifteen  percent prefer someone who cares about people like themselves.
    Thirteen  percent want someone who can win in November.
    Just 10 percent want someone with the right experience.

The Real Clear Politics average for the Texas Republican Presidential Primary has Cruz leading by only 4.7 points. The average includes that Emerson poll Leon wrote about, but not this Houston Public Media poll.

The Texas primary will take place on March 1, with 155 delegates up for grabs.[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:59:07 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: A Better Texas Poll for Cruz
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:01:15 am »
   http://www.redstate.com/california_yankee/2016/02/24/better-texas-poll-cruz/

A new Texas poll released Wednesday finds Sen. Ted Cruz has a double-digit lead over Donald Trump:

Ted Cruz – 35%
    Donald Trump – 20%
    Marco Rubio – 8%
    Ben Carson – 7%
    John Kasich – 4%
    Undecided – 19%

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (who dropped out of the race Saturday after the South Carolina primary) was also included in the poll and  got 5 percent. The poll was conducted  by Houston Public Media and the University of Houston Hobby Center for Public Policy from Feb. 12-22. The margin of error is plus or minus 4.8 percent.

Thirty-five percent of voters say that having a candidate who is honest and trustworthy is the most important to them. That could be important because of the negative liar, liar campaign Trump and Rubio have been waging against Cruz.

Other findings from the poll include:

Twenty three percent said they want a candidate who shares their values.
    Fifteen  percent prefer someone who cares about people like themselves.
    Thirteen  percent want someone who can win in November.
    Just 10 percent want someone with the right experience.

The Real Clear Politics average for the Texas Republican Presidential Primary has Cruz leading by only 4.7 points. The average includes that Emerson poll Leon wrote about, but not this Houston Public Media poll.

The Texas primary will take place on March 1, with 155 delegates up for grabs.

And the governor's endorsement of Cruz today will only increase Cruz's numbers here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:24:10 am »
Between Rubio and Cruz I lean towards Rubio's, but I really really really  hope Cruz crushes it in Texas and Rubio slips in ahead of Trump. What a blow that will be for his hopes of running the table.

But after super Tuesday it makes one wonder if a secret deal may be struck between Rubio and Cruz to help one or the other with the delegate count.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 03:35:27 am »
Between Rubio and Cruz I lean towards Rubio's, but I really really really  hope Cruz crushes it in Texas and Rubio slips in ahead of Trump. What a blow that will be for his hopes of running the table.

But after super Tuesday it makes one wonder if a secret deal may be struck between Rubio and Cruz to help one or the other with the delegate count.

I am finding a hard time finding a state Rubio has a chance of winning on Super Tuesday. It had been AK for a long while, but now Trump is up there and is more of a natural fit for that odd electorate.

If he can't find a win, what is his rational for continuing?