Author Topic: Wait, what if Kasich makes a deal to drop out and endorse Trump in exchange for becoming his VP?  (Read 309 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/02/23/wait-what-if-kasich-makes-a-deal-to-drop-out-and-endorse-trump-in-exchange-for-becoming-his-vp/

Wait, what if Kasich makes a deal to drop out and endorse Trump in exchange for becoming his VP?
posted at 9:41 pm on February 23, 2016 by Allahpundit

There’s no deal in the works (that we know of), I’m just thinking out loud. Remember all of those “Rubio should offer Kasich the VP slot” pieces yesterday aimed at consolidating the center-right? Ramesh Ponnuru had a good comeback to that today. Why on earth would Kasich, who’s holding a crucial 8-10 percent of the vote and considerably more than that in valuable states like Ohio and Michigan, decide to trade his influence to Rubio? Rubio’s a total longshot. Even if he and Kasich struck a bargain, it’s still probably only a 50/50 proposition that he can beat Trump one-on-one — assuming he can get Cruz out of the race and make a one-on-one possible. Take five minutes and read Sahil Kapur’s piece today about the many flaws in the theory that Rubio’s going to vacuum up everyone else’s voters once the rest of the field drops out. A taste:

While a crowded field arguably helps Trump more than a small field, a NBC/SurveyMonkey poll released Thursday indicates that supporters of other candidates would not unify against Trump as others drop out.

The survey found that Bush backers are torn between Rubio (19 percent), John Kasich (16 percent), Cruz (12 percent) and Trump (11 percent). Kasich fans are torn between Rubio (24 percent), Trump (16 percent) and Cruz (10 percent). Ben Carson supporters split between Cruz (24 percent), Trump (22 percent) and Rubio (16 percent).

“I think they live in a fantasyland right now,” former Republican House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Monday on Fox News, referring to the GOP establishment. If you take Trump, Cruz, and Carson’s votes, “they have been consistently above 60 percent everywhere in the country, if you pool together all of the insurgents.”

As for Trump’s two chief rivals, it is similarly unlikely that if one drops out, the other would gain all of his voters. The NBC/SurveyMonkey poll found that Rubio supporters prefer Cruz over Trump as their second choice by a margin of 31 to 17 percent. Cruz supporters split 33 percent for Rubio and 26 percent for Trump.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

I would think so much less of Kasich if he decided to serve as VP to this cretin.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I would think so much less of Kasich if he decided to serve as VP to this cretin.

LOL...let's see who is the first to sell their soul[among these GOP candidates] for the VP slot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

:laughingdog:

Yeah, Trump needs Kasich's 1.5%.  000hehehehe

Offline Paladin

"The survey found that Bush backers are torn between Rubio (19 percent), John Kasich (16 percent), Cruz (12 percent) and Trump (11 percent)."

This is absolutely impossible. Trump 11%? Ridiculous.

We have been authoritatively informed by one of our most knowledgeable and discerning pundits here that this could never happen, and given his track record of fairness and balance I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he is right and the poll wrong.

"Bush is leaving the race. Not a single one of his voters will go to Trump."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.