Author Topic: Clinton: 'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?'  (Read 425 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton: 'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?'

February 23, 2016, 09:26 pm
Clinton: 'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?'

By Rebecca Savransky

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Tuesday she is held to a different standard than other candidates when discussing the release of transcripts of paid speeches she's made.

"Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?" she asked during the CNN town hall on Tuesday, to applause.

Clinton said she would agree to release the transcripts of her speeches "if everybody does it."

"And that includes the Republicans, because we know they have made a lot of speeches," she said.

"But, look, what is this about? This is about whether I have the best plan to go after Wall Street, whether I have a record that already demonstrates my willingness to take on Wall Street and financial interests and there's no question about that."

Clinton said she has a comprehensive and effective plan for combating Wall Street abuse, adding that she's clear about her position on the issue.

"As strong, I would argue, as my esteemed opponent," she said, referring to Bernie Sanders. "So, you know what, if people are going to ask for things, everybody should be on a level playing field, and I'm happy if that were the case."

She said the argument seems to be that if someone takes money from any business, then "you can't fulfill your public responsibilities."

She went on to say that President Obama took an "enormous" amount of money from Wall Street in 2008 as a candidate.

"And then he turned around and pushed through the toughest regulation that we've seen since the Great Depression," she said.

"So the argument just doesn't hold up. But again, if everybody's going to do the same thing, then I'll be part of it."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Clinton: 'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?'
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 03:52:52 pm »
Oh, stop whining.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 03:56:01 pm »
...hmm...isn't the question we've all been asking?  Why is there a different set of rules Clinton and then a set of rules for everyone else?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 03:57:41 pm »
Good grief she is insufferable.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 07:30:16 pm »
The problem is that she most certainly wants there to be a separate standard for her, based solely on her (alleged) female body parts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 01:45:20 am »
O'er-the-Hillary Clinton:
'Why is there one standard for me and not for everybody else?'

What makes you think that, my dear?

If you -were- held to the standards of just about "everybody else" (which you ain't), you'd be in JAIL now, girl...!