Author Topic: Trump ‘might not even need 2 months’ to lock up nomination  (Read 276 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump ‘might not even need 2 months’ to lock up nomination
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:43:04 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270550-trump-might-not-even-need-2-months-to-lock-up-nomination

February 24, 2016, 01:14 am
Trump ‘might not even need 2 months’ to lock up nomination

By Ben Kamisar

"It's going to be an amazing two months," he said with a smile. "We might not even need the two months, to be honest."

Trump thanked supporters, telling them "we will be celebrating for a long time" after his win. News organizations called the race just minutes after the caucuses wrapped up at midnight EST.

Rattling off the results of exit polls that showed him winning among nearly every segment of the electorate, Trump savored the energetic cheers of his supporters.

"We won the evangelicals, we won with young, we won with old, we won with highly educated, we won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated," Trump said.

"You know what I am really happy about? I've been saying it for a long time: 46 percent with Hispanics, No. 1 with Hispanics."

He also needled the GOP establishment and the media, predicting that the narrative Wednesday would center on the fact all of the other candidates combined to win the majority of the vote. There have been calls from the establishment wing of the party for candidates to drop out and coalesce around an alternative to Trump.

"They keep forgetting, when people drop out, we are going to get a lot of votes," Trump said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Trump ‘might not even need 2 months’ to lock up nomination
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:45:21 pm »
Well he is right. Unless something significant happens Super Tue or in Fla on March 15th, going to be very difficult to stop Trump.